Basic Photograhpy Course By OBJECTIFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahsiang

Mar 19, 2003
Visit site
Anyone in the forum taken Basic Photography Course with OBJECTIFS?

Care to share?

Basic Photography Course - S$260.00 for 7 weeks - 2.5hours per week.

Thanks.

another alternative...

Basic Photography Course
10 weeks, 2.5hrs per session
by Photographic Society of Singapore
$120 (member - membership joining fees = $60)
$200 (non-member)

Originally posted by rncw
another alternative...

Basic Photography Course
10 weeks, 2.5hrs per session
by Photographic Society of Singapore
$120 (member - membership joining fees = $60)
$200 (non-member)

SAFRA Photo Club Basic Photography Course
8 week 2 1/2hrs
P.C member $50
Guest ( Non P.C or SAFRA Member) at $80
By Mr Yip Hoi Kee Advisor of Various Photo Club...

With the exception of OBJECTIFS which has just been setup, has anyone tried out the courses held by SAFRA and the Photographic Society of Singapore?

comments would be appreciated

Originally posted by sebastiansong
With the exception of OBJECTIFS which has just been setup, has anyone tried out the courses held by SAFRA and the Photographic Society of Singapore?

comments would be appreciated

the SAFRAPC courses will inculde outings for Day and night shoot... and the course since started have being over whelming... by non members becoming members...

Roger.

Me - member of SAFRA leh. I know there is a photography club, but didn't know they hold course. One of the instructors from OBJECTIFS is winner of SAFRA phot competition.

Originally posted by ahsiang
Roger.

Me - member of SAFRA leh. I know there is a photography club, but didn't know they hold course. One of the instructors from OBJECTIFS is winner of SAFRA phot competition.

u can call up the SAFRAPC club staff for more details... or i can PM u the details if u need

u can try this guy's lesson... no harm... money is yours to spend... unless some one willing to sponsor me then i'll attend...

Winning a SAFRA's Competition or any competition doesn't means he is good... winning a competition need at less 50% luck and 50% skill... Winner once doesn't means Winner FOREVER...

"in competition, WE are not afraid of winners... we are aware of REGULAR winners..." quote by 1 regular competition winning photographer whom i known and respect... SAFRAPC guys, u know who i'm talking about....

this is the 6th years for the competition... the previous 3 winners of 5 season, 2 of them won two in a row each.. and, their name have being appearing in all the 6 competition at less a merit... Only 1 of them teaching nature course in SAFRAPC now... Does that means, they are rest of the 2 are no good?? still up to individual to decide who is good, or who is bad...

The guy who won the SAFRA prize is so young. Dont know whether got experience a not.

I heard the guy, Yip Hoi Kee from SAFRA got more than 30 years of experiences. I think better to try SAFRA one.

the course at OBJECTIFS is starting this week... need comment... by the way, heard the SAFRA AWARED guy don't konw how to use nagatives... use digital only... and his Black and white is good... but not his Monochrome skill...;p

Originally posted by reignman77
the course at OBJECTIFS is starting this week... need comment... by the way, heard the SAFRA AWARED guy don't konw how to use nagatives... use digital only... and his Black and white is good... but not his Monochrome skill...;p

Hmm...

Where did you hear that from? Do you know him or heard it from someone who knows him personally?

What do you mean when you say that he doesn't know how to use negatives? And what do you mean when you say that his monochrome skill is not good when in fact you mentioned his black and white was good?

I'm a little muddled. I have been observing the courses at Objectifs with interest. Please enlighten me.

Thanks.

Affirmative... MR Yip is a experienced photographer who wins many awards... He is my currently instructor... ;)

But he would be retired soon, maybe he might not be your instructor liao...

Originally posted by myopic
I heard the guy, Yip Hoi Kee from SAFRA got more than 30 years of experiences. I think better to try SAFRA one.

Originally posted by Tony
Hmm...

Where did you hear that from? Do you know him or heard it from someone who knows him personally?

What do you mean when you say that he doesn't know how to use negatives? And what do you mean when you say that his monochrome skill is not good when in fact you mentioned his black and white was good?

I'm a little muddled. I have been observing the courses at Objectifs with interest. Please enlighten me.

Thanks.

i heard it from someone who knows him personally....
he is a digital man.... his work on b/w doesn't have any tone or contrast... have seen his submition in the SAFRAPC members' monochrome... all his work didn't even reach the acceptance level... the composition are good.... but no tone and contrast...

not too good to gossipe too much... try his course and u will know...

Originally posted by overcrash
so which course u guys recommend?
i interested to sign up for 1
:D

which coures are u mentioning about... there are too many course in the market...

i heard it from someone who knows him personally....
he is a digital man.... his work on b/w doesn't have any tone or contrast... have seen his submition in the SAFRAPC members' monochrome... all his work didn't even reach the acceptance level... the composition are good.... but no tone and contrast...

not too good to gossipe too much... try his course and u will know...

SAFRAPC members' monochrome, is this an in-house project/ competition or the Competition for Photographer of the year award?

Originally posted by Tony
SAFRAPC members' monochrome, is this an in-house project/ competition or the Competition for Photographer of the year award?

SAFRAPC's member's monochrome competition is for SAFRAPC members ONLY.... its a yearly event.... judges are all advisor or instructors level...

SAFRA Photographer Of the Year is only a Bi-Annual event...

mr R.M. 77, u mean to say he don't teach darkroom??;p then he teach digital only??

Originally posted by andylee
mr R.M. 77, u mean to say he don't teach darkroom??;p then he teach digital only??

he teaches BASIC photography..... Introduction To Shooting...darkroom... i don't think there are much good DARKROOM instructors in S'pore....
;p

he teaches BASIC photography..... Introduction To Shooting...darkroom... i don't think there are much good DARKROOM instructors in S'pore....
;p

There are a few B&W Master in singapore, but courses they conduct are in Chinese.

I have met Mr Yip today at my school NUS and he told me that he will continue to be SAFRA Basic Course instrcutor for at 4 more courses.

Therefore if you are interested in learing photography, better learn from him rather than spending your so much money to learn from someone who has bad name.

Take my advise my friend. Mr Yip class is valued for money.

Status
Not open for further replies.