Basic Photograhpy Course By OBJECTIFS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Simon
There are a few B&W Master in singapore, but courses they conduct are in Chinese.

i know a couple of good B/W masters... but only 2 are teaching and they are in SAFRAPC....... anyway, their course are always PACK....

Anyway for Monochrome Course, to me SAFRA offers the best too. THe course is also valued for money and affordable too. Only $150 for non SAFRA members and you will get to use the darkroom free for half a year.

Did anyone take the monochrome class at Safra before? How was it?

Half a year free usage of darkroom sounds good. Are all the solutions (negative and printing) and equipment provided? If yes, free usage for half a year is VERY GOOD. ;p Dun want to drag cylinders and tongs all ard town........

Btw, is it at safra bukit merah only? Safra tampines?

Any ideas wat they emphaise in the class? Do they teach solarisation and bas relief etc?

Sorry a lot of questions.......

:embrass:

I have just joined Safra PC, but they don't seem to have a website of their own. So how do we know their activites?

Originally posted by Bummie
Did anyone take the monochrome class at Safra before? How was it?

Half a year free usage of darkroom sounds good. Are all the solutions (negative and printing) and equipment provided? If yes, free usage for half a year is VERY GOOD. ;p Dun want to drag cylinders and tongs all ard town........

Btw, is it at safra bukit merah only? Safra tampines?

Any ideas wat they emphaise in the class? Do they teach solarisation and bas relief etc?

Sorry a lot of questions.......

:embrass:

if u are a P.C member... u can use the darkroom FREE when u pay for yearly membership... in another words, u have free useage of darkroom so long as u are a P.C member... of course, darkroom certify...

location at Bukit Merah...

the course consit of theory, outing, developing, printing fro 3R to 12R.... 13 Enlargers... Kodak chemicals....

Originally posted by wormz777
I have just joined Safra PC, but they don't seem to have a website of their own. So how do we know their activites?

u will get update by monthly news letter.... or call up the staff

Basic Photograhpy Course By OBJECTIFS <<
sorry if this is dumb but what and who are objectifs?

Is there a website or something that i can get some information from?

Hey there,

I checked out the Objectifs' instructor's works at the school and it's pretty good. He is not very conventional like the typical instructors at PSS and SAFRA (I've taken a class there before). I think it may be because he studied photography overseas - check out his website - it says he was trained in NY and Italy. His website is http://homepage.mac.com/yianhuang. Check out "Fashion" at the bottom!! BTW, I'm going down at 6pm today to Objectifs school to talk to him in person before deciding if it's different enough to take a second basic course tonight. I believe it's open to all.

Shutters6969

Hey,where is the webpage?!?he remove it?

Originally posted by PaulSeow
Basic Photograhpy Course By OBJECTIFS <<
sorry if this is dumb but what and who are objectifs?

Is there a website or something that i can get some information from?

OBJECTIFS is a newly setup institution for photography and film making. Their website is www.objectifs.com.sg

BTW, according to a friend who studied French, Objectifs = Lens in French.

Regards
CK

Anyone went for the course this evening? Please leave some comments on their instructional level/quality of teaching.

I'm thinking of signing up for the basic photography course starting on the 10th. Anyone keen to sign up?

Posting this just in case anyone is interested.

I took the Photography class by Yian Huang at Objectifs, which just ended recently, and here are my impressions.

Signed up one week late and despite Objectifs 'official' policy of no make up classes, Yian took the time to meet up and go through the first lesson so that I didn't miss out.

Was really impressed with his knowledge in photography both the technical and creative sides and for those who were complaining about digital, he has experience with medium format and digital.

The class was well balanced with technical and creative instructions. Which is very good as most courses in Singapore lean on the technical side and almost neglecting the creative side.

Yian was also very inspiring and encouraged us(students) to make use of photography for a good cause. Like photographing the plight of the Jardine steps boatmen(class project) and an optional project on the SARS warriors from TTSH.

I've never been impressed by any local photographer as much as I have with him. His passion for his work is infectious and very refreshing always challenging you to think creatively and not worry about your equipment.(He only has 2 lenses a 24mm and 50mm prime) Makes me almost ashamed that I've got more lenses than him yet don't produce the same level of work.

Lets put it this way. The class that just ended asked Objectifs to create a new course for us to advance to with Yian as our instructor. If that doesn't say anything I don't know what will.

BTW I'm not affliated with Objectifs in any way but just felt that I had to share my experience.

Cheers,
p

Yian is a cool chum. :thumbsup:
Don't know him that well, but his style is refreshing.:light:

isnt him SAFRA photographer of the year?

think current issue of SAR PIONEER magazine has an article on photography and he was interviewed.

Yes Yian did win the photographer of the year (SAFRA) not sure about the pioneer interview but it sure sounds like him.

yes, that was Yian Huang featured in PIONEER.

Status
Not open for further replies.