Basic macro reccommendation for consumer compact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exanimated

Oct 24, 2005
Hi all, I'm currently out of sync with the compact camera market but would like to get one for my fiancée as a Christmas present.. Normally, I would get a one that has decent IQ but looks pretty n small enough for her, but this time round, the macro quality would be the 2nd most important quality after exterior.

I'm quite stumped on with models have a good in-cam macro function and was wondering if there would be any reccommendations in the current consumer market.

Thank you n merry Christmas in advance!

Any compact camera will do actually. Why not just ask her which model she prefers. The more popular ones are Sony, Panasonic and Canon. Just add a Raynox filter and you will be able to get good macro magnification. ;)

Thanks for the reply Galdor~

I do understand the raynox solution for increased magnification but it's more of the macro focusing distance and IQ that factors more in my decision.. I personally have a preference for canon, lumix and Fuji for compacts but am not sure if there is compact cam that's known for it's basic macro ability out of the box, if you know what imean ;)

I do understand the raynox solution for increased magnification but it's more of the macro focusing distance and IQ that factors more in my decision.. I personally have a preference for canon, lumix and Fuji for compacts but am not sure if there is compact cam that's known for it's basic macro ability out of the box, if you know what imean ;)

Not that I know of. But there are a few bros who has captured great images using the LX3 with the Raynox filters.

It's usually the superzooms that have decent macro ability. Among the more compact ones, I think the Sony H20 or the Canon SX 200 would have decent macro.

Look here:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q209grouplongzoom/

The benefit of the superzoom is that at least you can be some distance from the subject. With the other compacts you'd need to get right up to the subject for a "macro" look.

Status
Not open for further replies.