Basic Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

larlee

Nov 24, 2004
Hi all,

I am wondering what are the basic stuffs that you will always carry with you when you are out with your equipment?

I just bought a digicam a few months back and I am new to this hobby. I saw some ad from Canon after I bought that they are throwing a 7 in 1 kit like a bag, cloth etc etc

I just want to know what are the basic things that is needed in the event that you need to blow away dust or wipe the finger prints on your lens etc.

larlee said:
Hi all,
...I just want to know what are the basic things that is needed in the event that you need to blow away dust or wipe the finger prints on your lens etc.

erm, lens cleaning kit?

I always carry a blower, lens pen, and a lens cloth. Lens cleaning fluid is optional in most cases.
BTW, if you've got a DSLR with interchangeable lenses, you should get a UV filter to protect it. Cheapest investment you can make to protect the glass on the lens itself.

4 me, extra battery & extra memory cards (or portable drive)

larlee said:
Hi all,

I am wondering what are the basic stuffs that you will always carry with you when you are out with your equipment?
Lenscap and bag or case to protect the lenses and the camera when not in use, and a strap (usually wrung around the wrist) so that I don't accidentally drop the camera. Everything else is optional.

Reflection said:
I always carry a blower, lens pen, and a lens cloth. Lens cleaning fluid is optional in most cases.
BTW, if you've got a DSLR with interchangeable lenses, you should get a UV filter to protect it. Cheapest investment you can make to protect the glass on the lens itself.

sorry, another newibe here. wat's a lenspen pls????
:)

ilovenikon said:
sorry, another newibe here. wat's a lenspen pls????
:)

basically it looks like a pen with a rubber end, works like a lens tissue...
i myself just got to know it a few days back too... :)

ok, thx

Batteries , batteries and more batteries... and of course more memory cards if you have it too... just a normal lens cloth + blower is enough...

ok Thanks.

All I have now is a cloth.....Just wondering what else is needed thou. Where is a good place to check out basic stuffs?

BTW, I am using a Canon G5 now, i only got a adapter with a UV lens but then notice that it cant fit my lowepro bag..... guess will need to get a bigger bag so that i can bring the rest of the stuff out

a blower, lens wipe. get it from CP.

that is all I bring.

~Arcanic~ said:
basically it looks like a pen with a rubber end, works like a lens tissue...
i myself just got to know it a few days back too... :)

Is yours this kind (lenspen.com) or the kind you find in Carrefour? I managed to get it before from some shop but I can't seem to find it anymore, where did you get yours? Haha I think mine is dying.

Hi.

A piece of microfibre lens cloth and a good lens blower will suffice ... IMO, the lenspen is not useful ... bought 1 some 5 years ago and it's still sitting in my dry cabinet ...

Adam Goi said:
Hi.

A piece of microfibre lens cloth and a good lens blower will suffice ... IMO, the lenspen is not useful ... bought 1 some 5 years ago and it's still sitting in my dry cabinet ...

my SOP item ???

FZ-20 ( on it - adapter 62mm with HOYA UV filter and lens cap )
CP filter - 62mm
flash
remote shutter
spare batt
glass cloth ( no money to buy.. :cry: )

alll these in my Crumpler Bag..

:bsmilie:

singscott said:

alamak....everyone got to bring their brain along lei...... ;p

Don't forget to bring camera :bsmilie:

n0d3 said:
Is yours this kind (lenspen.com) or the kind you find in Carrefour? I managed to get it before from some shop but I can't seem to find it anymore, where did you get yours? Haha I think mine is dying.

CP still selling, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.