Basic Camera setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEXiao

Deregistered
Feb 3, 2006
AMK
Thinking of setting a Nikon system or KM system (will post at KM thread) with the following:

a. D50
b. AF 85mm f/1.8D
c. AFS DX VR Zoom 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED (is it good for macro???)
d. Speedlite SB80DX

I like to shoot Potrait, scenery/building & Macro..... anything thing to add or replace???

No expensive lens for now because not enough $$$$....

Yes yes and bro espn will come.... MTL, BUY BUY BUY........ :bsmilie:

SEXiao said:
Thinking of setting a Nikon system or KM system (will post at KM thread) with the following:

a. D50
b. AF 85mm f/1.8D
d. Speedlite SB80DX

I like to shoot Potrait, scenery/building & Macro..... anything thing to add or replace???

I am not too sure if SB80DX is fully functional with the D50. The close-up capability of the 18-200VR is good to around 1:4.5 at 200mm.

lsisaxon said:
I am not too sure if SB80DX is fully functional with the D50. The close-up capability of the 18-200VR is good to around 1:4.5 at 200mm.

Is that so, thank for the info... what will be a better match??

SEXiao said:
Is that so, thank for the info... what will be a better match??
SB-800 or the SB-600.

lsisaxon said:
SB-800 or the SB-600.

Oh thank bro... look through my e-quote again, actually CP quoted me the SB800, told me it is replacement for the SB80DX.......... phew...

Very reasonable setup for the start...
You dont need the Speedlite immediately, use the D50 and wait for a few weeks then decide on the Speedlite.

SEXiao said:

a. D50
b. AF 85mm f/1.8D
d. Speedlite SB80DX

scrap the 18-200 and get the 12-24

85 for people
12-24 for cityscapes and landscapes

what kind of macro?

Actually, your setup can last you v long, why need to BBB somemore?

If you want to BBB somemore, upgrade your body, or lenses and even your SB-80DX ->SB-800 instead. I think more worth it.

espn said:
Actually, your setup can last you v long, why need to BBB somemore?

If you want to BBB somemore, upgrade your body, or lenses and even your SB-80DX ->SB-800 instead. I think more worth it.

Heee, not yet set up yet... this is just my plan.... asking bro here if my setup is okay for my purpose..... :)

ortega said:
scrap the 18-200 and get the 12-24

85 for people
12-24 for cityscapes and landscapes

what kind of macro?

Yes a 12-24 will be very very nice... but bro, boh $$, that lens very ex leh...:sweat:

Aiyah... haven't buy si boh...

Simple..

D70S
18-70DX
50 f/1.8
SB-800 and u're good to go :thumbsup:

BBB MTL, buy first talk later. :thumbsup:

espn said:
Aiyah... haven't buy si boh...

Simple..

D70S
18-70DX
50 f/1.8
SB-800 and u're good to go :thumbsup:

BBB MTL, buy first talk later. :thumbsup:

haaa, I knew you are going to say that.... :bsmilie:

But bro, why D70s vs D50??.... the D70 Body kind of ex for me leh.... buy body no $$ buy lens... :sweat:

SB80 does not support the i-TTL, while SB800 and 600 do. If you like landscape, the 12-24 is a better choice, as you won't be utilizing the tele end of the 18-200. I survived with just the 50mm for a few months, taking portraits and some scenery.

huggable said:
SB80 does not support the i-TTL, while SB800 and 600 do. If you like landscape, the 12-24 is a better choice, as you won't be utilizing the tele end of the 18-200. I survived with just the 50mm for a few months, taking portraits and some scenery.

so how muchy is the 12-24??? from the official website, kind of vbery ex... :sweat:

SEXiao said:
haaa, I knew you are going to say that.... :bsmilie:

But bro, why D70s vs D50??.... the D70 Body kind of ex for me leh.... buy body no $$ buy lens... :sweat:

Is D70s better than D50? Ask espn. He is a walking Nikon dictionary.

Try looking around the B&S forum. I am sure you can find excellent pre-owned D70/D70s which costs the same as a new D50.

espn said:
Why think so much, just BBB MTL, buy first talk later :thumbsup:

haaaa.... if later kena 10m, then no need to think liao... tomorrow cheong liao, MTL, BBBBBB

Madmax said:
Is D70s better than D50? Ask espn. He is a walking Nikon dictionary.

Try looking around the B&S forum. I am sure you can find excellent pre-owned D70/D70s which costs the same as a new D50.
No la.. ask Ian, he's a professional photographer/moderator, with so many years of experience and owning so much equipment that he can afford to have some of it worth over AUD$10K stolen twice and not squinch about it. :thumbsup:

I'm only a newbie.

SEXiao said:
haaaa.... if later kena 10m, then no need to think liao... tomorrow cheong liao, MTL, BBBBBB
Don't need to think liao la.. the TOTO is confirm I strike one la. :bsmilie:

espn said:
Don't need to think liao la.. the TOTO is confirm I strike one la. :bsmilie:

That I can confirm, because mine kena makan unitl dry dry..... NO MTL, BBB laio... :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.