Baseless conclusions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricohflex

Feb 24, 2005
sing
News is news.
Where it comes from is not the point.

The origin of news is probably a factor of who reported it first and whether the news editor deems it as worth publishing.

There is no such thing as high class news and low class news.

It does not have to come from Reuters or BBC in order to have credence.

News is important to you if it affects you, or may affect you or is considered by you as the news consumer to be worth knowing about.

A TS may start a thread on a matter and then link a URL to Stomp.
His intention may be:
• He wants to discuss the issue here in CS where other forum members can give their view. Anything wrong with that?
• He wants to forewarn other CS members of such matter in case same happens to them and they do not surf Stomp.

It is not because he or CS wants to earn clicks for SPH.

Would it have been more ATAS if TS had linked the matter to a world renown news media organisation?

Does discussing so-called "high class" news make one seem intellectual and sophisticated? And thus more "important" than other CS members?

BBC has its citizen journalism app and CNN has its citizen journalism iReport.
Stomp is merely the citizen journalism wing of parent company Straits Times, which in turn is under the SPH umbrella.
Just like Keppel Offshore and Marine is subsidiary of Keppel Corporation which is under the Temasek Holdings umbrella. That's all.

Another observation is the dismissive rant to others to go to EDMW Hardware Zone when they do no like the topic.

Last edited:
Well said, bro!
Esp the "GOto EDMW nonsense"

La Kopi! :D

It is just like ministers can express anger and disappointment. But when people express anger and disappointment, they lament that they don't understand why people are so angry.

And when they express anger, the check at custom would suddenly ramp up, causing massive jam. And the most funny thing is this action only taken at one chkpoint.

A TS may start a thread on a matter and then link a URL to Stomp.
His intention may be:
• He wants to discuss the issue here in CS where other forum members can give their view. Anything wrong with that?
• He wants to forewarn other CS members of such matter in case same happens to them and they do not surf Stomp.

It is not because he or CS wants to earn clicks for SPH.
Sure, I don't see anything wrong with what sites are linked.

But if someone starts 5 threads in a day, then I think the person needs to relook at his life (or perhaps a lack thereof). It is not healthy to just sit in front of the computer and rant on the Internet all day long, especially when those rants go nowhere. Better to do something positive today, be it shooting to relieve the unhappiness that said person feels, or take some positive actions to improve the situations and potential crises that said person foretells. Otherwise, at the age of 70, it would be quite sad if you look back at the past 10 years and your greatest achievement is starting a thread in Clubsnap where 20 members told you to go EDMW HWZ. :bsmilie:

Anyways, after a while, you will notice that people's interest will die down. Then it will be the same group of people reinforcing each other's views in the same type of threads. Being the same animal that they fault others for. :)

Cheers.

Last edited:
Sure, I don't see anything wrong with what sites are linked.

But if someone starts 5 threads in a day, then I think the person needs to relook at his life (or perhaps a lack thereof). It is not healthy to just sit in front of the computer and rant on the Internet all day long, especially when those rants go nowhere.

Some people can sit at the kopitiam or Starbucks and la kopi one whole day.

Where can rants from us possibly go? You tell me.
Even the ministers are just ranting...saying they are angry, disappointed, blah, blah and blah. LOL. But nothing effective done.

And you know what? The worst are those who just know how to rant at those who voice their concerns. Jumping into baseless conclusion, to use bro ricohflex's word

Last edited:
Even the ministers are just ranting...saying they are angry, disappointed, blah, blah and blah. LOL. But nothing effective done.

And you know what? The worst are those who just know how to rant at those who voice their concerns. Jumping into baseless conclusion, to use bro ricohflex's word

EDMW... alot more audience and supporter... to use Bro ricohflex's words

Compared to the rest, stomp! is more for people to shame others than reporting news.

And most of the time, it backfires on the poster

Also, when every thread's direction is steered towards politics instead of the original intent (as seen in the thread on Walter Mitty), you can see where this trend is going

Hey, what do I know.

A wise man once said.. "More is not necessarily better". :)

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1349436

I don't mind citizen journalism, it is a valuable thing for every society. I wonder why SPH does no start something like that.
It's not the news itself, what makes journalism is how it is handled, discussed, published, commented.
The thing called 'Stomp' does not fall under this, obviously.

I seriously do not see the purpose of this thread. really.

Stomp is not good journalism, not to me at least. It is more entertainment than anything.

Stomp is not good journalism, not to me at least. It is more entertainment than anything.

Oh, you are so kind. I would omit the word "good" in your last sentence.

Is STOMP even 'journalism' ?? LOL :bsmilie:

....Otherwise, at the age of 70, it would be quite sad if you look back at the past 10 years and your greatest achievement is starting a thread in Clubsnap where 20 members told you to go EDMW HWZ. :bsmilie:

If that is his only achievement what's wrong with that? :)

Your achievement in life may not be the same as mine. And my achievement may not be the same as his. And his achievement may not be the same as hers. And her acheivement may bot be the same as yours. :)

The only thing that can stop his achievement of starting 5 threads a day until 70 is the administration enforces a rule of "one thread a day per member" rule. If not you'll just have to keep on KPKB about his thread frequency until you're 70 years old which is another acheivement in life. :bsmilie:

For good journalism please visit Kopitiam more often.

We have the most inspiring news for you and stimulating photos of aunties to entertain you. :bsmilie:

Some people can sit at the kopitiam or Starbucks and la kopi one whole day.

I do that in Starbucks because evergreen Kei Chan works there: :bsmilie:

THE221112STARBUCKS_07b.jpg

The only thing that can stop his achievement of starting 5 threads a day until 70 is the administration enforces a rule of "one thread a day per member" rule. If not you'll just have to keep on KPKB about his thread frequency until you're 70 years old which is another acheivement in life. :bsmilie:

Nah, I don't think so. I find myself browsing KPT less and less because it's being dominated by the same few people. If I wanted to see that sort of thing, I can just go to HWZ. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.