[barracuda88] - A Foto When Possible (A Newbie's Journey)

Status
Not open for further replies.

barracuda88

Nov 6, 2008
West
Hi, seems that I am a very very late comer... Anyway, I just picked up photography couple of weeks ago... And had posted some of my "trial shots" in the "Newbies" section of this forum... Then I stumble across this very interesting APAD project, and I think it will help me in my journey of learning photography... So if you don't mind my very amateurish shots, I will like to particpate too..... Here's my first piece of work (if you don't mind I back date couple of my first few shots, but will restrict to max 1 per day)

22 Nov 08

3050059302_e75bc5af6d.jpg

Yeap. My first attempt, and I think this will be a very memorable day for me... I happily drove to National Stadium to have a first go of my newly bought 450D.... And the place was very nice, serene, the tranquility and abit nostalgic...

23 Nov 08

3103032748_5ccc720efe.jpg

Some Place In My Office Building - Nope, I'm not a Tennis Instructor....

29 Nov 08

3102206803_49f4338ab0.jpg

Been to Bedok Jetty many many times. Never knew that there are lifesavers around. Guess photography helps one to pay more attention to details around our lifes...

06 Dec 08

3100691112_ec3649eb11.jpg

My first attempt on a moving target.... After throwing away 20 over shots....

13 Dec 08

3106777726_6677ed7205.jpg

Was at the zoo yesterday... Happily snapping 400+ shots... (Problem with DSLR, zero cost for each take, sometimes just shoot for the sake of shooting....) Anyway, saw this chimp following behind the mother walking around... Pretty cute, so took a quick snap of it...

13 Dec 08

3106777726_6677ed7205.jpg

Was at the zoo yesterday... Happily snapping 400+ shots... (Problem with DSLR, zero cost for each take, sometimes just shoot for the sake of shooting....) Anyway, saw this chimp following behind the mother walking around... Pretty cute, so took a quick snap of it...

What?!! Bro, you took 400+ shots and your best shot is a little chimp smelling his mom's ass?! :D Hahaha...

Anyway, my 2 cents, I thought you cropped a little to tightly on the left here, I was thinking if you leave some space to the left it may look a little better. At least not cutting off the mom's face would be nice.

I like the bajaj shot. I wonder if turning it to B&W and adding a bit more contrast would make the picture more interesting....Maybe the lomo effect? :D

What?!! Bro, you took 400+ shots and your best shot is a little chimp smelling his mom's ass?! :D Hahaha...

Anyway, my 2 cents, I thought you cropped a little to tightly on the left here, I was thinking if you leave some space to the left it may look a little better. At least not cutting off the mom's face would be nice.

I like the bajaj shot. I wonder if turning it to B&W and adding a bit more contrast would make the picture more interesting....Maybe the lomo effect? :D

Thanks for visiting my thread bro... Hahaha... I guess it beats smelling at this ass...

14 Dec 08
3106224117_35a61e1649.jpg

Thanks for the tips... Will take note, but those chimps move damn fast, my limited skills cannot catchup with them leh :cry: ....

And hey, the B&W Bajaj (so that's what they call it...) looks better!

Last edited:
Thanks for visiting my thread bro... Hahaha... I guess it beats smelling at this ass...

3106224117_35a61e1649.jpg

Thanks for the tips... Will take note, but those chimps move damn fast, my limited skills cannot catchup with them leh :cry: ....

And hey, the B&W Bajaj (so that's what they call it...) looks better!

Now I like this ass better. I think you'd better edit an add a date onto this latest colorful ass photo... apparently, that is the rule for APAD :D

Now I like this ass better. I think you'd better edit an add a date onto this latest colorful ass photo... apparently, that is the rule for APAD :D

Thanks bro.... Done that... Maybe I should change my thread subject to An Ass A Day :)

Thanks bro.... Done that... Maybe I should change my thread subject to An Ass A Day :)

I think 'An Ass A Day' would be more interesting if you include humans....( for me, female ones :D )

Well, was away on a vacation for a week... Guess where I went... First time I have a DSLR with me on a vacation. Was initially concerned that it will be cumbersome, but after looking at the pics, I think it is worth the trouble... Here's some photos of my vacation to catch up on my APAD posting... Cheers !!!

18 Dec 2008

3132189545_c94ee8b937.jpg

Kingdom of Dreams and Magic

19 Dec 2008

3132339729_387d28b50c.jpg

Went shopping... Kids for sale, just bought a trolly load of them...

20 Dec 2008

3132356421_4edd5615cd.jpg

View from my room... Well, you should have guess where I went to by now...

21 Dec 2008

3133205232_f8f804afa7.jpg

Beautiful... Kimono...

Last edited:
22 Dec 2008

3133235958_ef9034d228.jpg

Merry Christmas...

23 Dec 2008

3133246354_5639524043.jpg

Castle...

I think she dropped one behind the trolley :D

21 Dec 2008

3133205232_f8f804afa7.jpg

Beautiful... Kimono...

Nice shot. I am suddenly beginning to appreciate the beauty of kimonos. Hmmm, I wonder if the elegant model has anything to do with it :D

Next time you take a shot with a fat balding bloke wearing the same kimono and I'll see if I am still so interested :D

Thanks bro... Natural instinct comes automatically when taking these shots, so don't need much skills :D Didn't manage to see any falt balding bloke on kimono, but manage to catch a glimpse of a group of 70s - 80s old ladies in them... Looked pretty nice too (unfortunately didnt took any shots).... Kimono is one of the most elegant and beautiful costumes....

Nice shot. I am suddenly beginning to appreciate the beauty of kimonos. Hmmm, I wonder if the elegant model has anything to do with it :D

Next time you take a shot with a fat balding bloke wearing the same kimono and I'll see if I am still so interested :D

27 Dec 2008

3140097689_ca2507a1fd.jpg

Just feel like shooting something today to check that my camera is still working :bsmilie:

Was in the office, staring at my desk. Then I felt an impulse to pick up my good old Nokia E65 (which hangs once awhile these days, looking to get an iPhone soon...) and took a shot of this picture with it's 2M pixel camera... Well, I used a phone's camera for this shot because (1) I don't have my 450D in the office, and (2) I had "hang up" my 450D in my closet and decided to keep it there for the next few months until I had cleared some of my urgent work.... (Wouldn't want to break a new year's resolution even before the new year started right...). But still can't resist posting something to my APAD thread cause this is a very special day of the year....

I'll also like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy New Year ahead, and may 2009 brings many beautiful moments for all (remember to take a good shot of it ;)).... Cheers !!!

31st December 2008 - Goodbye 2008, Hello 2009

3152785598_4ca0ae7e03.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.