Bargaincity, Cathay Photo and EZmobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

joleu

Oct 8, 2003
Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting a digi cam .. and have come across the above websites which offer huge discounts off the list price ...

Can anyone explain to be why the price difference? Is there a difference in the quality of the goods or stuff like dat? Pls advise.. Thanks so much for ur help!!

Cheers

Im not familiar with the other two except for Cathay Photo. Quality wise should be the same, I assume you are buying cams with waranty. Just check which one offers the lowest price inclusive of GST and get it from there.

joleu said:
Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting a digi cam .. and have come across the above websites which offer huge discounts off the list price ...

Can anyone explain to be why the price difference? Is there a difference in the quality of the goods or stuff like dat? Pls advise.. Thanks so much for ur help!!

Cheers

ask them for e-quote2roughly noe the price range

there's another shop MsColor. check it out
and parisilk (shop@holland V)

which cam u planning2get?

mangomilkshake said:
ask them for e-quote2roughly noe the price range

there's another shop MsColor. check it out
and parisilk (shop@holland V)

which cam u planning2get?

Hey,

Thanks all for the replies.

I've gotten the e quotes and all... Was jus wondering how are these shops able to offer such low prices as compared to electronics megastores such as Best denki and Courts ..

I'm planning to get Canon IXUS 400..

prices are determined by markups.

So best denki sells at 599 which is the list price, retail price
Canon sells to Best denki at say, 480, Best gets a nice tidy profit
Some other shops, like cathay photo, will mark up the price only a bit, say to 520. higher sales at smaller profits each. the difference basically is decided by the respective shops.. how low can they sell and still make proft.

Thanks Blizzy!

joleu said:
Hey,

Thanks all for the replies.

I've gotten the e quotes and all... Was jus wondering how are these shops able to offer such low prices as compared to electronics megastores such as Best denki and Courts ..

I'm planning to get Canon IXUS 400..

dun go to Denki & Courts !!!! 2 X!!!
cathay, alan, Mscolor shld b all rite accordg2 the experts in here n HWZ

Thanks all...

Jus wondering ... Has anyone here bought fr cathay, mscolor and such?

bought on the 3rd day it released from CP

joleu said:
Thanks all...

I think most of us here bought from the shop you mentioned there. They are generally reliable. Just check carefully before purchase and compare prices across the different shops.

joleu said:
Thanks all...

I have in the past bought a few film and digital cameras from MS Color and some accessories from Alan Photo. Generally, they are very reliable and the service is quite good. The prices there are among the cheapest in Singapore. Have never shopped at Cathay but a friend who used to patronise these three stores has equally good comments about them.

Major stores like Courts and Best Denki are selling at suggested retail price... so more ex

Other stores like Cathay, MS, and AP are authorised dealers. So long the shop is an authorised dealer, safe to buy from them. Price wise you have to go shop and do research.

I think you have to understand the "targets" that these big shops are aiming. They are looking for ppl who wish to pay by installation and sometimes they offered them 0% interest free. Notice that the "promotion" items they sell are usually "cash-carry."

I feel that this not only apply for digital cameras, but to other items as well. E.g. I always go to Sim Lim for computer parts, bencoolen street for watches etc.

In short, always look for lobangs !!

Status
Not open for further replies.