Bare

Status
Not open for further replies.

eel

Aug 14, 2003
Thomson
Visit site
bare-original.jpg

Does this work for you? If not, please comment. Thanks!

Nice Idea... But Maybe You Could Crop Tighter Focusing More On The Bare Tree....

Cause Right Now I Feel Its A Bit Too "Bare"...

Just My Humble Opinions...

Cheers...

Maybe the title show be, "Save the Earth" or "Destruction of Nature" Something of this sort. Hope that makes the picture more interesting due to the contrast of buildings and bare tree.

Hi! It is good to find a lone and bare tree.

I found it some where near Commonwealth MRT open field as I passed by the other day.
select your background without any building would be better composition.
just my own opinon only.

Thanks all for taking the time and effort to comment and give your thoughts.

I felt that shooting a bare tree would have been too literal. One of the reasons why I decided to include the buildings is that they too look kind of bare. I wanted to find out if it works or is the concept too weak in this picture.

Hard to find a bare tree in Singapore but even harder is to shoot something like this without buildings i guess. Good try . anyways. :cool: Shooting the tree without the buildings would work for me.

No dont work. more 'bare' if nothing but blue sky behind tree. where is this BTW?

I am probably the least qualified person to comment on any pictures, but I just wanted to share my thoughts anyway. When I first looked at the picture it felt a little disorienting, like there were too many buildings. But then I was thinking that the two tall buildings look like they are leaning toward each other and that made me feel like the tall building behind the tree is kind of menacing to the tree. There is a kind of feel that the buildings are oppressive giants trying, and in some sense succeeding, to destroy the tree. I like that effect, but I think the shorter buildings kind of clutter the picture some. I agree that the buildings also have a bare feeling to them. I really like the picture.

Espion : Toa Payoh :)

Pacer : Thanks for the effort. Every one has a right to criticise a picture. I think just by sharing your thoughts you've already done that and I really appreciate it. The feelings you have are close to what I'm hoping to evoke in this picture - emptyness, oppression and loss. I guess where I've failed is to create a more moody feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.