Bare Branches

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first attempt on tree branches. Pls advice. ^_^ thanks

DSC_0011small.jpg

DSC_0024small.jpg

oh man...!! Like the first one... the mood is there... hehehee.... :thumbsup:

Nice shots especially the first one. I like the lighting and how the angle of the branch was captured.

Really nice, how did you get the sky so blue? Was this in Singapore at all?

Before I give my comments, posters and critics alike please read the guidelines for Critique Corner (CC): http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=139941

And the outcry by some in the CS community on the standard of CC nowadays:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=178245

Hope we all as a community can adhere to the guidelines set down by the admins and moderators.
Now the formal stuff out of the way...

Aesthetically the photo is pleasing, with no distractions and a clear subject. However, doesn't really make a impressionable statement to me, since it's just a pretty ordinary branch in clear blue sky.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost.php?p=1385865&postcount=1 is a must read

back to the picture(s), #1 is pleasing and clearly the branch is the subject but I'll prefer the focus to be on a part of the branch. Your border seems to crop away part of the upper branches, if the branch ends there it'll be good to leave it in. ie I could see 2 ends of the branch in the pic.

as for #2, the little branch at the extreme right is a little distracting. would be advisable to crop it off. some sky gradient could be done in PP to achieve a better effect.

The branch looks lonely... especially the second one.
But I like the blue sky though. Have been trying to shot blue blue sky, but couldn't find it.

It's a good effort trying to make something out of a mundane thing such as a branch. Well thought out. :thumbsup:

first of all beautiful tones :thumbsup:

for #1, imho you should crop away more of the top so that the attention is naturally focussed on the main branch

#2, i think a portrait format (rotate 90 degree clockwise) works better for me.

Hey, this look like a chinese painting, especially the first #1!

If you see chinese painting you will know what I meant. What you need is some chinese poem written on the left from top down.

Ah,.. yes, still need some cropping make the branch move closer to the left and lower a bit.

#1 is very good I like that, but not for #2. Maybe the branches for #2 is not that attractive.

btw, are you a very quiet person? because I am trying to understand people thru their photography :bsmilie:

vincenthau said:
#1 is very good I like that, but not for #2. Maybe the branches for #2 is not that attractive.

btw, are you a very quiet person? because I am trying to understand people thru their photography :bsmilie:

Hey guys, thanks for the comment. Yes, now i do think that the #1 should crop more. as for no #2, maybe not as attractive, but it does look like a pair of super skinny hands.

vincenthau: actually not really. I'm a very out going and noisy kind of girl. but very homely, and I love nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.