Banyan Tree at Bintan

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeppie99

Feb 26, 2002
community.webshots.com
who has stayed there before? can give some reviews? is it worth the price? planning to go next month. its not a diving/snorkelling trip, i plan to just laze around enjoying the surroundings.

also, i concluded that 2 nights at Banyan Tree is too costly, so i decided to stay at a cheaper place for 1 night and enjoy the 2nd night at Banyan, can anyone recommend a cheaper (say $100-$200) place to stay for the first nite? i'm looking at this one called Nirwana Gardens hotel. how is that?

Originally posted by yeppie99
who has stayed there before? can give some reviews? is it worth the price? planning to go next month. its not a diving/snorkelling trip, i plan to just laze around enjoying the surroundings.

also, i concluded that 2 nights at Banyan Tree is too costly, so i decided to stay at a cheaper place for 1 night and enjoy the 2nd night at Banyan, can anyone recommend a cheaper (say $100-$200) place to stay for the first nite? i'm looking at this one called Nirwana Gardens hotel. how is that?

This is a Beautiful and Romantic place to spend Intimate Moments
with your Love one, and yes, it's worth every cents. ;p

You will be staying at the Pool Villa or Jacuzzi Villa?

Not to sure on Nirwana Gardens.

I personally prefer Mayang Sari, which is under the same ownership as Nirwana Gardens.

Mayang Sari has only beach huts by the sea. For me, nothing beats god's pool although you can utilise Nirwana's facilities freely.

Compare prices with Misa Travel. They offer the best deal the last time I went.

You can catch a bus for abt $1 to a mart (sound something like sayang sayang or wayang wayang) outside the resort for some cheap & nice food.

Have fun!!

Tip: MS has the best stretch of beach around.

alba: do you have the contact/webpage/office info for Misa Travel?

simon: i'm taking the jacuzzi. pool is too ex and gf can't swim either.

from the jetty to all these places, take a bus or walk?

wise to book straight from them thru internet or go thru travel agent?

i agree with Simon, a great place for honeymoons etc. sure its costly but the environment and settings will woo u away for sure - hospitality is top notch.

and i highly recommend the spa / massages. afterall its a spa resort. if u r gonna dump money into the trip, ur better off enjoying it @ banyan tree ... i believe u will be spoilt from that point onwards :) a true benchmark for ur future holidays IMHO.

are there special packages now for the Binatan? alba care to share which travel agent u r using?

Hi guys,

Here's a link for yr reference.
I personally find travel agents offer better deals than to go direct. But do shop around.

http://www.airfares.com.sg

I have to highlight to you, Banyan Tree has no beeeeeach :eek: ;( ; as it's built on the cliff side but you will get a good view though.

If you go to Mayang Sari on a weekday, can nude bath in peace....:D :eek:

Have fun in the sun.:rbounce:

yes it does have a beach - it shares it with the Angsana Resort.

dun worry the beach should be large enuf - and if ur going during the off peak season, it won't be crowded.

and yes.. the view is breath-taking! take lotsa pics when u r there! :)

erm so does Banyan Tree have a beach that we can sit/suntan at?

i've looked at the rates direct and from Misa, both are about the same after bringing in ferry charges n stuff. one qn. the rates advertised on the Banyan Tree website state ++. does anybody know how many % exactly is the ++?

Originally posted by yeppie99
erm so does Banyan Tree have a beach that we can sit/suntan at?

i've looked at the rates direct and from Misa, both are about the same after bringing in ferry charges n stuff. one qn. the rates advertised on the Banyan Tree website state ++. does anybody know how many % exactly is the ++?

Hey, you don't need to be at the beach to get a suntan in banyan tree, in the bangalow where you will be staying, you have your own court yard and jacuzzi, with your own privacy, you can walk and suntan nude with no one to bother you ;p

try Fascinating Travel @ The Mandrin, their always busy so u, else drop by and talk to their staff.

http://www.fascinating.com.sg/contactus.htm

yeppie99 - i think if u go to Banyan tree there should be some sorta limo service from the jetty to the resort.

alba or yeppie99 - where exactly is the Banyan Tree listing in the MISA website ? i tried looking but couldn't find it.

Hardfire,

Look under Indonesian Getaway to locate Banyan Tree Bintan.

Hi Yeppie,

I stayed at Angsana Spa Resort in Bintan b4. Angsana just is adjacent to Banyan tree. I can say both of them can share the same beach. I dun find the sea there is nice, lost out to redang n tioman.

Well, one thing i like the stay at Angsana is there is spa available. U n ur gf can get the couple spa package where its includes massage, body wrap or body scrub. real fun, treat it as an experience.

during our stay at angsana, we went over to banyan tree by the buggy ride. its really peaceful, isolated n quiet, great privacy. well, 1 of my fren stayed there told me it's really a luxury if u booked the jaccuzi one...wow. but quite ex.....

as for the food at angsana, dun find it nice but u can take a cab to kalong n try their seafood, very nice n yummy.

anyway, i wont go bk to bintan cos ex using S$ n one thing, i dun find it very relax leh cos i see alot of ppl at angsana probably that was i went during christmas...but at banyan tree really hv lots n tons of privacy. HTH :)

Status
Not open for further replies.