Bangkok

oLYNXo

Dec 6, 2010
Lorong Chuan
If you are travelling to Bangkok this holiday, I would recommend you to visit the Vertigo if you brought your camera.The Vertigo a roofless bar located at the 60th floor of Banyan Tree Hotel. You can enjoy the scenic view of Bangkok from every direction, while enjoying a drink or even dinner there. Other than that, do try the local specialties. I could'nt get a drink there cuz i was only 12 :sweat:

Peace out!

I think its the Banyan tree. TS are tripods allowed up there?

Baiyoke sky the roof is a moving circular platform with fence so it would not be easy if you want a pano long exposure shot. I just came back from there and what amazes me the most is the night view up close to Wat Arun. It's golden and very majestic and ancient temple. A damn pity is my pano shots failed me and it didn't turn out nice due to the distortion of my kit lens and photoshop had difficulty stitching (my skills is worse actually).

Grand palace is alright as it was flooded with tourists and it's difficult to slowly plan your shots without people knocking your tripod.

The next good thing about bangkok is street shots...you might want travel down to Hua Hin beach, simple town easy to explore.

Not that nice pictures
Hua Hin Beach:
http://img607.imageshack.us/i/15632547532108198651524.jpg/
http://img440.imageshack.us/i/14827947532200698651524.jpg/

Wat Arun at night (the real view is alot more grand than the pic):
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/9360/69714475754101986515246.jpg

Last edited:
Going to Baiyoke Sky next week. The revolving platform revolves non stop? So no chance of taking LE shots?

Yes, tripods are allowed up thr, but can be very windy at night since it is at the 60th floor.

You can try both but the one I went to was Banyan Tree.

Going to Baiyoke Sky next week. The revolving platform revolves non stop? So no chance of taking LE shots?

Yes it revolves all the time. I would advice photographers to visit in the day or just before sunset. Otherwise it gets too dark for your shutter to be able to freeze motion. Since the platform is rotating, what I did for a 360 panoramic shot was to set my camera to take "time lapsed" images such that each image is an overlap of the previous one. :)

surfed some sites to see comments on Bangkok hotels by tourists.
the strangest comments are about hotel breakfast.
these people should remember:
1. you get what you pay for. don't expect 5* when you pay 3*
2. why go on holiday and bitch about the hotel breakfast
3. who bothers with hotel breakfast in BKK for heaven's sake...lots of cheap good food outside the hotel and all over BKK.
4. who bothers to wake up early when on holiday in BKK just so to eat breakfast within the allotted hours.
5. some don't know about Asian foods, so they think the hotel breakfast variety is little.
6. why so cheapskate, as though the main purpose of the trip was to eat "free" (you paid for it, lah) breakfast in the hotel.

Bangkok is a huge and modern city humming with nightlife and fervor. There's a transit hotel, ATMs, money exchange, restaurants, tax-free shops, an observation lounge and even a "redemption booth."

spam links deleted

spammer! :nono:

Last edited:
Bangkok is the capital of Thailand and with a population of over 11 million, by far its largest city. Its high-rise buildings, heavy traffic congestion, intense heat.

-----------------------------------------

Thia one also, have the same signature somemore.

Last edited:
Bangkok is the capital of Thailand and with a population of over 11 million, by far its largest city. Its high-rise buildings, heavy traffic congestion, intense heat.

-----------------------------------------

spammer :nono:

Last edited:
oLYNXo said:
If you are travelling to Bangkok this holiday, I would recommend you to visit the Vertigo if you brought your camera.The Vertigo a roofless bar located at the 60th floor of Banyan Tree Hotel. You can enjoy the scenic view of Bangkok from every direction, while enjoying a drink or even dinner there. Other than that, do try the local specialties. I could'nt get a drink there cuz i was only 12 :sweat:

Peace out!

Was at banyan tree and went up to the vertigo. Was stopped by the staff there when I pulled out my tripod from the bag. They told me that tripods are not allowed anymore. Disappointed, I left.

Was there @ Vertigo last week, brought along my gorillapod... hehe... managed to get some night LE shotz...

I have checked wif baiyoke sky hotel and no tripod is allowed at observation point. :s

Any other places I can tk photo of Bangkok view??

I am going to Bangkok end of this month. Can anyone advise me what to take and where to take photo like landscape and something like nature or human condition? Thanks