bangkok

NEELIMA PATNAIK

Jan 25, 2013
Singapore
need best photography places at bangkok....going to kanchana buri,floating market,palace

need best places to shoot at nightin bangkok....sunset places also

Define "best" first maybe?

Wat Sa Ket aka golden mount temple. chao phaya river, asiatic, baiyoke sky, quite a lot, what u want to snap?

Wat Arun,
Right opp frame up Wat Rakhang *Tha Chang ,Tha Phra Chang*.......
Yaowaraj during evening time(beware of heavy traffic and speedy motorcyclists.)
king rama 5 monument
Wat Mahabut-> Nang Nak Shrine
Baiyoke is good..but the turning of the top might be extremely windy..good spot during night..beware the glaring lighting behind you
Wat Hualampong (temple & also visit the train station of Hualampong)
Wat Nok
Octave Rooftop Lounge
Khao san( lucky u might see some oversea celebrities ..esp from Japan )
Phratunam during peak hours...2-3 overhead bridges got nice spots...

Many many just to come...depending on what u wanna wor..
Night Scene,people,temple,traffics,buildings...

If taking a day tour or hire a driver up to Ayutthaya:-

The Royal Palace Ruins
Phra Mongkon Bophit

anyone been to Klong Toey Slum? Could not find much information of it online. Would like to visit this slum when I am there in a few months time.

soi nana and soi cowboy

anyone been to Klong Toey Slum? Could not find much information of it online. Would like to visit this slum when I am there in a few months time.

please do not go there for your safety unless you know people there.

I went to this place called the artist house..search in trip advisor. . its quite a cool place.. For locals. N it's beside a river with boats going to n fro. .. basically the main attraction is the puppet play.. but surrounding are places with good snaps. Hope this helps. .

From Kanchanaburi, take the train all the way to Nam Tok, then tuk tuk out to Erawan. Wait for red bus to pick u up from the 7-11. The bus will bring u all the way up to Death Railway museum. That's the best place for me to shoot and hike, including while inside the train. :D

try out the train station at Samut Songkhram.

is it safe to carry a DSLR around in bbk?

I don't think there is such a place call safe. Just need to be careful and avoid certain places if you find uncomfortable. When a big dslr hanging around your neck, you do stick out like a sore thumb. Once upon a time, they will think you are Japanese. Today they think you are from China. Haha

is it safe to carry a DSLR around in bbk?

It's a matter of how u dress-up yourself IMHO. I've been to Bangkok 3 years consecutively, and I have no issues at the moment. Usually, I'll just carry a lady-like handbag just nice to fit in the DLSR with lens attached and a bottle of water. Dress-up like you're staying there for years.

Hope that helps.

please do not go there for your safety unless you know people there.

Thanks! I better go somewhere safer:D

Can consider this place - The Deck, for shooting Wat Arun

When i was there, the sunset not very nice la, but this kind of thing see luck one.

Yes! Read a lot of good review on the sunset at the deck! probable I will be there in my upcoming trip.

By the way do you have to make reservation?

Thanks! I better go somewhere safer:D

that is good. it is really that you decide to go else where. although development had been done over the years, that area is still far from safe.

there are a lot of places for photo shoot but really need to see what you want. and if you decide to go to the Jatujak weekend market (Chatuchak weekend market) please do keep your wallet carefully. the pickpockets there are all well dressed and you were expect is them. I had a near-miss few years back where he kena my kicks.

if you are a big adventurous, you may consider travelling to ayuthaya province, nakhom pathom province or nearby for photo taking. =)

careful with your camera there, alot of snatch thieves. just saying

if you are a big adventurous, you may consider travelling to ayuthaya province, nakhom pathom province or nearby for photo taking. =)

Ayuthaya Province looks good! will definitely consider. Thanks!

Be careful of the busy streets, either they will cut your bag or pickpockets.
Put your dollars and cents on your front jeans pocket.