Bangkok

HazeMaze

Nov 27, 2011
Singapore
Hi guys, im in the process on planning a trip to bangkok. My first time, did some research and found something strange. I came across this website, bangkok.com, i look at their hotel pricing and i refer back to that particular hotel homepage. Found out that there are price different and checkin/out time are different to.

My main concern, is bangkok.com reliable?

Care to share some of your bangkok research?

Thanks is advance.

Not strange at all...

Sometime... the walk in price is cheaper than the internet booking price. But of course... you have to accept the risk of maybe not getting a room... :sweat:

It is very common, bangkok.com is the middleman in the transaction. Sometimes, prices are cheaper (tour agency discount) or more expensive, same goes to the check in timing too.

Don't know about bangkok.com, but I normally use the following to do my hotel booking reference when I go for holiday

agoda.com: Discount Hotel Reservations Worldwide - Smarter Hotel Booking! (used this for my japan trips)
Search results: bangkok - TripAdvisor
Hotels.com Singapore
Travel Deals: Online Travel Booking - Cheap & Discount Travel | Expedia.com.sg

just compare prices between them and the hotel itself. Can't help you with Bangkok, been almost 10 years since my last trip there

Last edited:
i use agoda also. not bad.

Tell us the hotel you finally decided on.
Then we tell you whether you have found a good hotel or made a terrible mistake.

I have been to Thailand more than 20 times

I have used agoda.com, asiatravel.com and asiarooms.com

Mostly I use Asiaroom.com... it's been the most reliable so far.

For agoda.com and asiatravel.com There was once my the book can't be found and I was at the front desk for 1hour while they tried to sort out my booking

Asiarooms.com give the the final price(including tax), as for other websites they list the price before taxes so they look cheaper. But after adding the extras, they prices becomes the same as Asiarooms.com

Or sometimes if you're really lucky, Groupon or Deal.sg might have some pretty good deals. I paid about 700+ for 2N stay at the Banyan Tree for me and my wife and this includes airfare :)

Thanks guys!!

I'd checked agoda, prices are cheaper then hotel stated(obvious). The one i'm more concern is the credibility. It's my first time going there, so yah... I think you guys should know how i'm feeling. :)

I'm eyeing on prince palace hotel, cause of the price & location.

So far have not made my second choice yet.

Thanks guys!!

I'd checked agoda, prices are cheaper then hotel stated(obvious). The one i'm more concern is the credibility. It's my first time going there, so yah... I think you guys should know how i'm feeling. :)

I'm eyeing on prince palace hotel, cause of the price & location.

So far have not made my second choice yet.

Read the reviews on Agoda.. I've used it almost all my travels, so far all okay.

Thanks guys!! It helps alot!

I find that agoda is giving an attrative package too.

Do they give you any bill shock when you check out?? (this is the scariest part)

HazeMaze said:

Do they give you any bill shock when you check out?? (this is the scariest part)

Nope. Depends on hotel, upon check in they will take out a sum from your cc as insurance(cant think of the word at the moment still haven wake up lol) but will debit back to your cc after checkout

eleveninth said:
Nope. Depends on hotel, upon check in they will take out a sum from your cc as insurance(cant think of the word at the moment still haven wake up lol) but will debit back to your cc after checkout

Ohh. Ok..

Thanks! Im going BKK!! Hahaaa...

Yes, BKK budget hotels always give you a bill shock when you check out. You will be shocked why they are so reasonably priced compared to Singapore hotel rates.

I had been an agoda user until recent two years when I realised agoda charge service fees (in fine prints, grey font) when I am checking out my shopping cart. No longer they are cheap if you factor in the booking fees (cost vs benefit/reward points for me). However this is a reliable site where none of my bookings got problem.

I've since use Via Singapore - ViaSingapore.com as a platform to help me search for rooms as this website can search and display prices of rooms across dozens of booking sites. This save me the trouble of going thru one site after another. I am in no way related to this site. Just sharing my experience :)