Bangkok, Thailand

SharpShooterZ

Mar 18, 2008
Lakeshore
Hi all,
I am going to Bangkok for the Motorshow 2010...Will be going from 26th March to 30th March 2010, staying at Avana hotel, as i heard most clubsnappers staying in this hotel because it's so near to the firing range (BITEC) haha ;)

Now....I know about the bad political situation in BKK right now...sounds very scary everytime i look at it on TV, but i have no choice as i have booked the tickets since long time ago :sweat::sweat: And i heard Avana and Bitec will be far from the "protests" area, so hopefully things will be okay....

Anyways, i will be going with my 2 other friends from Clubsnap, but we staying in different hotels....Anyone going to BKK and staying at Avana hotel feel free to let me know...maybe can go to the motorshow together :D

Cheers!

EDIT:
-----

BTW, those coming to bangkok between 26th March to 30th March 2010...i might be arranging a hotel shoot with a bangkok model on the 28th of March (morning time)...ratio is 4:1 and currently i only have 2 confirmed shooters (me and my friend) so i need another 2 shooters to share the cost.

Anyone interested, please send me a PM for the models pic, rates, and details...Thanks !
----

Last edited:
if the protest move near your hotel.. you can paparazzi the protest... haha

I think you will be fine :)

Have a plan B in the extreme case where the airport shuts down again.

I was in Phuket the last time it happened, quite a number of visitors were streaming down from Bangkok in buses.

Last edited:
You should be fine.

Dun worry too much ~~~as long you didnt join the red army, you should be fine..:D

Avoid bringing any red or yellow colour T-shirts to wear for your trip :sweat: and keep well off the sites where they are protesting

no worry lah , its once-a-year event in krup thep
sanuk!!!!!!!!!!!

Avoid bringing any red or yellow colour T-shirts to wear for your trip :sweat: and keep well off the sites where they are protesting

Kind of agree.

I was in BKK last year Sept when there was a pretest to celebrate the pretesting anniversary... I did not sense anything at all.... I still went to the Royal palace.

Just go and enjoy ur trip, it will be fine.. :)

Thanks all :)

BTW, those coming to bangkok between 26th March to 30th March 2010...i might be arranging a hotel shoot with a bangkok model on the 28th of March (morning time)...ratio is 4:1 and currently i only have 2 confirmed shooters (me and my friend) so i need another 2 shooters to share the cost. :think:

Anyone interested, please send me a PM for the models pic, rates, and details...Thanks ! ;)

My friend who is in BBK now said it's not that chaotic as being shown in the News so I guess it's not tat dangerous.

My friend who is in BBK now said it's not that chaotic as being shown in the News so I guess it's not tat dangerous.

Thanks for the info bro....yeah, i think so too...hopefully its not as bad as in the news....

Besides Avana Hotel is not far from the airport so i think is quite ok :)

relax bros, bangkok is a large city. much larger than Singapore. yes, you guys are right. the protest areas are far from BITEC, as long as you go for the motor show cos i'm not sure what other things you are going to do for 5 days in BITEC.
my suggestion is to ask the locals at the show where is the 'potential' problem places before you plan going for some shopping or meals.

Bangna is the area, which links provinces to Bangkok..
During the first few days of the protest, they were streaming from the nearby provinces into Bkk, thus making this area very very jam..

Hopefully, during that period of time, there wouldn't be fresh/new groups coming in from the nearby provinces. Otherwise, the joint junction will be very jam.. ;)