Bangkok recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesis32

Oct 16, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Hi guys

Planning of going for a short holiday in Bangkok in Oct. Any recommendations on hotel (appreciate if can include est. costs)? Also, any must see sights? Prob won't bring tripod so mainly only shoot in the day....

TIA!

:)
Nemesis32

Hello Bro Nemesis,

Depending on your budget. Bangkok has a full array of accommodations, from the very cheap (basic) to the presidential suites in hotels and serviced apartments. If you are travelling alone and is on a tight budget, you can roam yourself along Khao San Road. There are many Inns there. Cheap. I would recommend Rambuttri Village Inn. A basic room is about 290 Baht per night.

If you want it in the city, then prepare to spend more. A 3-star class lodging would be around 500 Baht to 1,000 Baht per night. A better one will be from 1,200 Baht - 2,000 Baht per night. Of course, the good ones will be anything above that lah.

Good luck on your search. :)

Zeckson Chow said:
Hello Bro Nemesis,

Depending on your budget. Bangkok has a full array of accommodations, from the very cheap (basic) to the presidential suites in hotels and serviced apartments. If you are travelling alone and is on a tight budget, you can roam yourself along Khao San Road. There are many Inns there. Cheap. I would recommend Rambuttri Village Inn. A basic room is about 290 Baht per night.

If you want it in the city, then prepare to spend more. A 3-star class lodging would be around 500 Baht to 1,000 Baht per night. A better one will be from 1,200 Baht - 2,000 Baht per night. Of course, the good ones will be anything above that lah.

Good luck on your search. :)

Sorry for the OT,:embrass:
Hello Zeckson,
Any recommendation for apartment rental there let say for 3-4weeks. Thinking of going there to stay for a while and if the apartment is cheap would prob. stay for longer like 2-3 month. Will be going with my wife so a whole apartment or studio apartment will be great.:thumbsup:

soma said:
Hello Zeckson,
Any recommendation for apartment rental there let say for 3-4weeks. Thinking of going there to stay for a while and if the apartment is cheap would prob. stay for longer like 2-3 month. Will be going with my wife so a whole apartment or studio apartment will be great.:thumbsup:

Hello Soma,

This will really have to depend on your budget. If you are looking for an apartment, for example, a studio apartment, it will cost between 8,000 Baht (for non-serviced) to 60,000 Baht (serviced) or more, per month. It also depends on your location as well.

For a reasonable recommendation (I do not know your intention or business in Bangkok), try Watana Mansion located at Ratchadapisek Road Soi 17, just diagonally opposite to the famous Poisedon and One-Stop Service Center for Work Permits and Visas. It is a low cost serviced apartment that range between 12,000 Baht to 15,000 Baht per month.

Please do take note (I totally didn't see this coming when I moved to Bangkok initially and I had a hell tough time going through this), you will have to pay a security deposit of 2 months' rental and 1 month advance rental when you have decide to take the place. This applies to all foreigners staying in Thailand irregardless of race.

You can have more information here on Watana Mansion:

http://www.staybangkok.com

Please click on the location on Ratchadapisek Road Soi 17.

Good luck. :)

wow.. super long holiday ... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

envy ur wife and u... :heart:

happy holiday-ing... !!! :D

soma said:
Hello Zeckson,

And before you commit anything, please check out the traffic condition here first. :p It may change your decision. Ha ha ha ha. :D

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=149611

i always try to take the bts cause the traffic is 1 of the worst i seen.

Actually it is fun when u are inside the traffic.
I used to drive myself in Bangkok, when there was a bad jam, I would switch off the engine, brought out a magazine and read, normally I could finish a few pages before I switched on the engine and moved on again.
And other times I would put a Thai language cassette tape into the car cassette box, and learnt while I drove.

Zeckson Chow said:
Hello Soma,

This will really have to depend on your budget. If you are looking for an apartment, for example, a studio apartment, it will cost between 8,000 Baht (for non-serviced) to 60,000 Baht (serviced) or more, per month. It also depends on your location as well.

For a reasonable recommendation (I do not know your intention or business in Bangkok), try Watana Mansion located at Ratchadapisek Road Soi 17, just diagonally opposite to the famous Poisedon and One-Stop Service Center for Work Permits and Visas. It is a low cost serviced apartment that range between 12,000 Baht to 15,000 Baht per month.

Please do take note (I totally didn't see this coming when I moved to Bangkok initially and I had a hell tough time going through this), you will have to pay a security deposit of 2 months' rental and 1 month advance rental when you have decide to take the place. This applies to all foreigners staying in Thailand irregardless of race.

You can have more information here on Watana Mansion:

http://www.staybangkok.com

Please click on the location on Ratchadapisek Road Soi 17.

Good luck. :)

:bigeyes: Great info.:thumbsup: Thank you!!! Will find out more on the Watana Mansion.:lovegrin:

k3nn3th03 said:
wow.. super long holiday ...

envy ur wife and u...

happy holiday-ing... !!! :D

Thank you!!!:lovegrin: Wonder can tahan that long or not..:sweat: Tomyam everday.:lovegrin: :thumbsup:

Zeckson Chow said:
And before you commit anything, please check out the traffic condition here first. :p It may change your decision. Ha ha ha ha. :D

Will take the 'mrt' there to beat the traffic, will be there to really explore bangkok and some nearby area. anything i need to take note on as i have not been to bangkok for quite a couple of year.:sweatsm:

Thanks Zec for the info... may not make the trip afterall as my wife have to serve out her full notice before she starts her new job as her boss wanted to encash her leave... sianz...

On the other hand, considering going HK on my own next week after inspired by those wonderful pics that Larry and gang took.... Anyone interested?

soma said:
Will take the 'mrt' there to beat the traffic, will be there to really explore bangkok and some nearby area. anything i need to take note on as i have not been to bangkok for quite a couple of year.:sweatsm:

The only thing you need to take note is not to walk into small alleys alone. At least along with some other people. And please be careful in crowded places. You will never know when a lady-boy slips his/her fingers into your crouch and the other into your pocket. :)

nemesis32 said:
Thanks Zec for the info... may not make the trip afterall as my wife have to serve out her full notice before she starts her new job as her boss wanted to encash her leave... sianz...

On the other hand, considering going HK on my own next week after inspired by those wonderful pics that Larry and gang took.... Anyone interested?

No problem,Bro Nemesis32. Try looking for Petf69 lor. He's there. :)

Astin said:
Actually it is fun when u are inside the traffic.
I used to drive myself in Bangkok, when there was a bad jam, I would switch off the engine, brought out a magazine and read, normally I could finish a few pages before I switched on the engine and moved on again.
And other times I would put a Thai language cassette tape into the car cassette box, and learnt while I drove.

Actually should listen to Thai songs. Damn nice! The pop music is damn good! I love it!

Zeckson Chow said:
The only thing you need to take note is not to walk into small alleys alone. At least along with some other people. And please be careful in crowded places. You will never know when a lady-boy slips his/her fingers into your crouch and the other into your pocket. :)

Thank for the advice. The apartment is also an hotel too. Look nice.:thumbsup: Wonder if the 'MRT' is near by:think: walking distance.

Zeckson Chow said:
No problem,Bro Nemesis32. Try looking for Petf69 lor. He's there. :)
ya... i know... not sure when he will be back though... moreover i am thinking more of shooting street scenes and scenery this time round...

soma said:
Thank for the advice. The apartment is also an hotel too. Look nice.:thumbsup: Wonder if the 'MRT' is near by:think: walking distance.

Hello Soma,

The nearest MRT station is Sutthisan station, which is about 5 minutes walk away from Poseidon. It's along Ratchapisek Road. Not too far away from the city actually. :)

Zeckson Chow said:
Hello Soma,

The nearest MRT station is Sutthisan station, which is about 5 minutes walk away from Poseidon. It's along Ratchapisek Road. Not too far away from the city actually. :)

Great!!! :thumbsup: You live in thailand???

Status
Not open for further replies.