Bangkok Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesis32

Oct 16, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Hi guys

I'll be in Bangkok for a couple of days so wander if anyone has any suggestions as my 1st time there? my itinerary are as follows:

9/8 - arrive hotel in BKK around 1pm so probably only somewhere near hotel for shooting, cityscapes (staying at Novotel Siam Square), any attractions near by?
10/8 & 11/8 - 2 full day free. Considering going Floating market and Ayuttaya on each of the day. But that means i wont have time for other sights in BKK. Probably wont go ayuttaya.
12/8 - work, 13/8 - morning free - prob some last min shopping.

Any suggestions/tips are much appreciated.:embrass:

ask zeckson chow. He's there now and can teach you some photography and give some tips too ;)

1. If this is yr 1st time to BKK, the usual "must-go" places are the Grand Palace, Sleeping Budda Temple, Chinatown, River cruise, these are all nearby so u can "technically" do them all in a day!
2. For the real floating market (not the tourist one) u need to start off very early in the morning, I think abt 5am or 6am, so be prepared.
3. Night scenery is everywhere, but the best is still along the river also near Chinatown, and also near town area example Patpong night market.
4. For weekend u can try the famous Chatujak weekend market.
5. If u got time to kill, then go to Ayuttaya for the acient ruins (2 hours train ride or bus), also can go Kanchanaburi for the death railway site.

You will probably need a few hours to cover 50-60% of chatuchek market..
so do try to go there as early as you can on sunday morning, since you will be flying off after that..
I think the grand palace and the temple of dawn will make good postcards...if you got the sun and time on your side...

Astin said:
1. If this is yr 1st time to BKK, the usual "must-go" places are the Grand Palace, Sleeping Budda Temple, Chinatown, River cruise, these are all nearby so u can "technically" do them all in a day!
2. For the real floating market (not the tourist one) u need to start off very early in the morning, I think abt 5am or 6am, so be prepared.
3. Night scenery is everywhere, but the best is still along the river also near Chinatown, and also near town area example Patpong night market.
4. For weekend u can try the famous Chatujak weekend market.
5. If u got time to kill, then go to Ayuttaya for the acient ruins (2 hours train ride or bus), also can go Kanchanaburi for the death railway site.

The real and original floating market, which is about 80km at the outskirt of BKK, is also very popular with tourists. U don't need to go so early. Usually, the tourist guide will pick u up at about 7am.

thanks guys.. yeah i think the floating market tour starts at 7am, prob reach there 8am so still have sufficient morning light.

Astin - i'd love to go ayuttaya but i think i'll pass this trip as i doubt i have enough time to squeeze this in as this is a biz trip afterall and going there will prob need to bring more barang barang.

Cannonball - think may go chutuchak.. but dunno if it's open/busy on weekdays?

nemesis32 said:
thanks guys.. yeah i think the floating market tour starts at 7am, prob reach there 8am so still have sufficient morning light.

Astin - i'd love to go ayuttaya but i think i'll pass this trip as i doubt i have enough time to squeeze this in as this is a biz trip afterall and going there will prob need to bring more barang barang.

Cannonball - think may go chutuchak.. but dunno if it's open/busy on weekdays?

Chatuchak is opened only on weekends. Some ppl may find the place too jam packed and very stuffy especially on a hot day. Alternatively, you may wish to explore the Suan Lum Night Bazaar which is quite similar to Chatuchak albeit more spacious and less crowded. Although the price is slightly more expensive than Chatuchak, it's cooler to shop at night and there is a good open air food court with a huge stage with nightly performance. Take the MRT to Lumphini station and the bazaar is just outside the station.

Have fun and enjoy yourself.
Next time let us know much earlier.
If I am going there, show you around the vibrant night life.

yanyewkay said:
ask zeckson chow. He's there now and can teach you some photography and give some tips too ;)
Yeah, he's so darn pro that I wanna learn from him too!

nemesis32 - hope you had a good trip. hope you don't mind me riding off your thread.

am planning a short BBK trip. can anyone advise me as to best way to get to floating market and ayuttaya from a city hotel (not confirmed which one yet).

preference to go via public transport, or are there some hotel pickups buses which ferries tourist to these destinations? are they safe and reliable? thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.