Bangkok - 12 - 16 June 2012

th3keeper

Jun 27, 2011
I will be going down to Bangkok for a shopping trip and will be doing street photography. Night shots also.
Will be bringing Canon 7D + 28mm f1.8 + 24-105mm f4L + Speedlight 580 EX II and lastly my tripod ( Suri R1004 + G20).

Any advise on place where I can take photos? Places which I will CONFIRM go is
1) MBK
2) Platinum fashion mall
3) Siam center - Madame Tussauds
4) Chinatown

Last year I went and was lucky to catch the cosplayers in action at Siam Center I dont think this round will be so lucky liao. :bsmilie:

Will be staying at Bangkok City Hotel - Ratchathewi BTS

Anyone who is there during this time is MOST welcome to join me. Can PM me to arrange!

if i were u, i leave my flash behind to save some weight.

what is the entrance fee for Siam center - Madame Tussauds? Any idea? This looks new, since i last visited BKK in 2011.

sinned79 said:
if i were u, i leave my flash behind to save some weight.

what is the entrance fee for Siam center - Madame Tussauds? Any idea? This looks new, since i last visited BKK in 2011.

Its around SGD $25 after conversion. I went to the Hong Kong one not sure if I want to go to this as well. As for flash not too heavy ma. Heh

Its around SGD $25 after conversion. I went to the Hong Kong one not sure if I want to go to this as well. As for flash not too heavy ma. Heh

haha carrying all (plus your body, lens and tripod, it will be extra heavy already) :p

ohh I never been to the HK one though I went there (the peak itself) once. Looks reasonable. Do post some photos if you were to go.

haha carrying all (plus your body, lens and tripod, it will be extra heavy already) :p

ohh I never been to the HK one though I went there (the peak itself) once. Looks reasonable. Do post some photos if you were to go.

Ok lo. Maybe just bring prime :p

Discovered new place to go also ASIATIQUE.

Ok lo. Maybe just bring prime :p

Discovered new place to go also ASIATIQUE.

u can try their newest shopping mall. Terminal21 at Asok BTS station (mrt). Its a concept shopping mall. Free to shoot as much as u want, indoors.

Asiatique looks like our clarke quay haha

Last edited:
u can try their newest shopping mall. Terminal21 at Asok BTS station (mrt). Its a concept shopping mall. Free to shoot as much as u want, indoors.

Asiatique looks like our clarke quay haha

Terminal 21 also looks good will go! Asiatique is like venice need to take boat go one:dunno::dunno:

Have fun! Please share photos and comments of your trips. I'm going on Aug ;)

For photospots, only have floating market in mind so far...

denisme said:
Have fun! Please share photos and comments of your trips. I'm going on Aug ;)

For photospots, only have floating market in mind so far...

I don't really know how to get there. Any idea how? I wanna go too

Hi TS, chinatown very good place to do street photography but it can get extremely congested...was there during CNY, many ang mohs setup tripod there to capture the festivities
for floating market, its only open in the morning, so best is wake up early, take cab go down

Im going bangkok tomorrow, just nice see this thread got new places can explore (terminal21 & asiatique)
This time imma just bring 10-22 and 35L, didnt really use my 24-105L much 3months back when I went

I will be going down to Bangkok for a shopping trip and will be doing street photography. Night shots also.
Will be bringing Canon 7D + 28mm f1.8 + 24-105mm f4L + Speedlight 580 EX II and lastly my tripod ( Suri R1004 + G20).

Any advise on place where I can take photos? Places which I will CONFIRM go is
1) MBK
2) Platinum fashion mall
3) Siam center - Madame Tussauds
4) Chinatown

Last year I went and was lucky to catch the cosplayers in action at Siam Center I dont think this round will be so lucky liao. :bsmilie:

Will be staying at Bangkok City Hotel - Ratchathewi BTS

Anyone who is there during this time is MOST welcome to join me. Can PM me to arrange!

There is nothing much to take at MBK, Platinum and Siam Centre. I've also asked for suggestions in my recent thread at:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/travel-photography/1086666-bangkok-street-photography.html

Some good suggestions there. You might want to walk opposite Siam Centre to Siam Square area instead. I think you can capture more street there. I will be in BKK arnd 7-10 June. Just before you. Beware of the gruelling weather.

dougs said:
There is nothing much to take at MBK, Platinum and Siam Centre. I've also asked for suggestions in my recent thread at:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/travel-photography/1086666-bangkok-street-photography.html

Some good suggestions there. You might want to walk opposite Siam Centre to Siam Square area instead. I think you can capture more street there. I will be in BKK arnd 7-10 June. Just before you. Beware of the gruelling weather.

Will be wearing close to nothing there LOL

eleveninth said:
yes the weather is hot.

i had a very dark tan already on the first day

I'm already very dark. No difference for me

you can try smth different like the bangkok floating market? capture market life there.

you can try smth different like the bangkok floating market? capture market life there.

the only floating market is outside Bangkok. Those in Bangkok are tourist traps.

oh you went before? you mean they scam your money?

you will realise that the only customers are tourists and the people in the little boats sell souvenirs instead of veg, meat, etc.

So which is the real one? Name + Location. Geocode.