Banana, I Love U

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastboltnut

Mar 23, 2006
Where the wind blows...
Hi all,

I took a shot of Hann eating his 1st banana in his life at a restuarant. The place is not very well lit, so I took this shot with a on-shoe flash bounced on a wall.

Please give me your comments for improvement.

Thank you.

1091571785_e295821f68.jpg

Thanks ndroo...it was his first banana treat...he looked suprise to you? I tot he looked like a lover to the banana...that tender loving glance...:bsmilie:

I like the lighting and the tones. He seems to be pretty surprised looking at the banana hor?

Well, nicely captured:thumbsup: I like the contrast/lighting of the subject-skin tone & yellow-colour-banana that blend well into the dim background(that's how I "feel"):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you ozkid88 for grading this as classic:embrass:

Yah, the cafe is indeed a very cosy place.:)

love the lighting and composure!! beautiful picture, looks warm and comfortable!! i love pix of children and this is a classic!

Hi blueskye168,

I am still trying to learn on skintone processing....is this tone really ok? Thanks.

Well, nicely captured:thumbsup: I like the contrast/lighting of the subject-skin tone & yellow-colour-banana that blend well into the dim background(that's how I "feel"):thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Hi blueskye168,

I am still trying to learn on skintone processing....is this tone really ok? Thanks.

haha:bsmilie: me too(in Blue):sweat:=that's why in bracket=>(that's how I "feel").

May be you'd want to try crop the top-part till the 2nd line-of-arch(b4 the 1st arch) in the background=ver-1, or till slighty pass the line-of-the whole-arch in the background=ver-2(Just my preferences only ya:))

Hopefully there'll be some pro/experts here can give us some pointers;)

TIA:cool:

Well I'm no pro , but I love the photo , its evenly lit and nicely balanced and for me I wouldnt crop it at all , the arch provides the warm cosy atmospere to the picture

A very nice photo for the family album lastboltnut :)

Based on the title of the photo "Banana, I Love U"=>that's how I'd prefer to 'focus' :bigeyes:the attention-a slightly only tighter crop of ver1 & ver2. On the whole, with or without cropping will be a well:thumbsup: execute ones:heart:.(I also like the position of the subject which is ard the 'rule of 3rd'):thumbsup:compo:thumbsup:

good use of flash bounced on the wall
creating a very nice light

but i find the composition abit off, too loose on top and too tight on the sides

lastboltnut.jpg

you will notice that there is a triangle created by the Hann's line of sight to the banana and his arm.

good use of flash bounced on the wall
creating a very nice light

but i find the composition abit off, too loose on top and too tight on the sides

lastboltnut.jpg

you will notice that there is a triangle created by the Hann's line of sight to the banana and his arm.

yes,bro :thumbsup: that's the way, man:kiss:ah-ha ah-ha:heart: I like it.....(Oooh, there goes my 'siao' again:bsmilie:)

beautiful.. love e clor tone and contrast of the picture. gorgeous kid to top it off.. :thumbsup:

Hi blueskye168, Baldwin Jazz and ortega,

I would have cropped to square, if this is not my son, to make the focus more on the kid and banana....however, for my family pic I usually want to keep abit of the background to remind my wife and myself of the place and the event as a memory....like what Baldwin Jazz mentioned, as a family album....thats why I did not crop it...but as a photographer point of view, the cropped version is better. Thanks for Master ortega and also the perspective of triangle....learnt something today:)

Thanks.

Hey bro! Its been a long time! Thanks for coming by and your compliments.

OT a bit: By the way, I went to the zoo with my son on National Day and cannot shoot nice white tiger shots like you did....needs a lot of patience and the tigers just move in "circles" along thier fixed path....funny.:) But managed to shoot a pretty "decent" shot of the "mini-monkey" on the tree house outside the souvenir shop....will show you for comment when I have it ready.:)

beautiful.. love e clor tone and contrast of the picture. gorgeous kid to top it off.. :thumbsup:

Hi blueskye168, Baldwin Jazz and ortega,

I would have cropped to square, if this is not my son, to make the focus more on the kid and banana....however, for my family pic I usually want to keep abit of the background to remind my wife and myself of the place and the event as a memory....like what Baldwin Jazz mentioned, as a family album....thats why I did not crop it...but as a photographer point of view, the cropped version is better. Thanks for Master ortega and also the perspective of triangle....learnt something today:)

Thanks.

actually the bg does say much here, although not distracting,
it also does not add to remind you of the location
maybe a landscape orientation whould have served your purpose better

just something to think about

Status
Not open for further replies.