ban smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesser

Dec 28, 2002
Serangoon
www.jesserswork.com.sg
no smoking in kopitiam and bars/pubs from next year july 2006. hmmmmm...wonder what is going to happen. sure affect lottsa people. smokers who smoke in kopitiam with their coffee, beer drinkers.......bars and pubs business........:think:

good thing i quit 1 mth ago,my 3rd attempt le.:bsmilie:

thats good news!
the government should draw yellow boxes all over singapore for the smokers actually. :bsmilie:

my complaint would be why don't ban smoking altogether??? Why the little bits here and there??

No ciggie no tax no revenue....
Becoz...revenue from IR havent start rolling mah... BLEAH . :nono:

sbs99 said:
my complaint would be why don't ban smoking altogether??? Why the little bits here and there??

No ciggie no tax no revenue....
Becoz...revenue from IR havent start rolling mah... BLEAH . :nono:
So who will care? There are still people smoking at bus stops. Even if there are no smoking signs, people still smoke. :dunno:

They can't ban ciggs totally. If they do, our taxes are going to be like 50%. :)

jesser said:
no smoking in kopitiam and bars/pubs from next year july 2006. hmmmmm...wonder what is going to happen. sure affect lottsa people. smokers who smoke in kopitiam with their coffee, beer drinkers.......bars and pubs business........:think:
Being a non-smoker, I'm actually fine with this.

They shld draw yellow boxes near dustbins actually. Want to smoke, stand there smoke, finish, dump it immediately where it shld belong and not flick it all over the place like I see some ppl doing that occasionally.

Alternatively, smoke in the comfort of ur own home. After dinner, sitting on the sofa and lighting up.

not to sound righteous. i have seen parent/s who are smoker/s, who smoke in close promixity of their children. what irrepairable damage to their children' s health over long period of time!

The bad part about bus stops is that there is no express wording against smoking in bus stops to my knowledge. The closest one is "any queue of 2 or more persons in a public place". Now the question is whether bus stops qualifies in the above description..

espn said:
So who will care? There are still people smoking at bus stops. Even if there are no smoking signs, people still smoke. :dunno:

They can't ban ciggs totally. If they do, our taxes are going to be like 50%. :)

$5/stick lor........ + no benefits to lung cancer patient due to smoking... same as AIDS, if kena AIDS via prostitution, then can't claim any insurance. probably more get killed by lung cancer than by AIDS.

vince123123 said:
The bad part about bus stops is that there is no express wording against smoking in bus stops to my knowledge. The closest one is "any queue of 2 or more persons in a public place". Now the question is whether bus stops qualifies in the above description..
Let me correct myself... no smoking at bus interchanges, especially whilst in Q. :)

As for bus stops, normally I show dissatisfaction by waving my arms to rid the smokey air, most of them understand and will move behind the crowd. :)

di0nysus said:
$5/stick lor........ + no benefits to lung cancer patient due to smoking... same as AIDS, if kena AIDS via prostitution, then can't claim any insurance. probably more get killed by lung cancer than by AIDS.

There will still be buyers. Even $10 / stick.

if smokers can blow their smoke freely beside me can I also just fart freely huh:bsmilie:

jopel said:
if smokers can blow their smoke freely beside me can I also just fart freely huh:bsmilie:
You can... I do. :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: ..........
jopel said:

Asking the garment ot ban smoking totally is as good as asking all the smoker to quit smoking by themselves.......

jopel said:

Can fart without the sound effect ... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.