Ban exploitative post ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxim

Deregistered
Sep 5, 2003
Is this a good time to take a stand and ban these explotitative post
so that CLUBSNAP is NOT the place for meat market ?

Only the moderators stand will make any difference.

But of course the members support, these things should stop

whats this?

Maybe they should.... Imagine big names magazine comes in here asking for free photographers to cover their events and promising "EXPOSURE" & "EXPERIENCE" for photographers.....

Sometimes I really wonder what kind of experience and exposure can be get from doing events ? :think:

To know more contacts ? :think: If more ppl know u r giving free photography services, more ppl will ask u for free services....

just my 2 cents.. dun flame me hor :sweat: :sweat:

actually,

clubsnap is making photography as a living sucks.

Seriously, with the recent BOOM in digital photography, every tom dick and harry (like me) becomes interested in photography and arm themselves with DSLRs.

It is simple supply and demand. Demand for photographers is always the around the same but now there is this explosive growth in the number of photographers wanabees....

seriously, I think it is time for photographers to find a new job.... unless you are REALLY REALLY good.

actually,

Seriously, with the recent BOOM in digital photography, every tom dick and harry (like me) becomes interested in photography and arm themselves with DSLRs.

It is simple supply and demand. Demand for photographers is always the around the same but now there is this explosive growth in the number of photographers wanabees....

seriously, I think it is time for photographers to find a new job.... unless you are REALLY REALLY good.

true... if not for digital, i dun think i even will touch a camera... :bsmilie:

actually,

It's not ClubSNAP fault, it's the advance of Digital Photography, equipments, PS alike program make the barrier for entering requirement much lower than film time, and easier to get good image.

The lower end of the Pro photographers face the heat most. But instead of keep blaming newbies for ruining their reputation and spoil the market. They can try to improve their own skill and offer to differentiate themselve better than those amateur photographer.

Ban exploitative - yes

If people/organiser really want to organise a charity shoot, then maybe may I suggest full details must come from the official rep of the charity organiser (not from the sub-contractor). Otherwise CSers might mistaken you for a freeloader.

The reason - we don't want to end up being a sucker for someone pretending to organise a charity on his cause.

However, I believe many CSers are charitable people who would contribute to a real charity if called upon. We should not turn our back to the poor and unfortunates.

Remember, charity is about giving to the unfortunate or the poor without any ulterior motives from anyone. Get recognied for the contribution is ok if it is not overly done.

This is my one cent advise.

It's not ClubSNAP fault, it's the advance of Digital Photography, equipments, PS alike program make the barrier for entering requirement much lower than film time, and easier to get good image.

The lower end of the Pro photographers face the heat most. But instead of keep blaming newbies for ruining their reputation and spoil the market. They can try to improve their own skill and offer to differentiate themselve better than those amateur photographer.

I sincerely believe CLUBSNAP moderators have a role to play
and they can come down hard on these types of post (exploitative ) and
it should NOT be found any more on CLUBSNAP......

It may happen to other forums, but thats someone else problems.
Keep a certain standard for CLUBSNAP

I sincerely believe CLUBSNAP moderators have a role to play
and they can come down hard on these types of post (exploitative ) and
it should NOT be found any more on CLUBSNAP......

It's gonna be hard ... as the mods are not like here staring at the threads 24/7 and by the time they see it ... some clowns might have been sacrificed for the free shoots :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.