Ballhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

teerex

Mar 10, 2003
Singapore
Can someone please enlighten me what is a ballhead. (I know what is botak).
What is its use, seems to be quite expensive.

Thanks

there're cheap ones around ~$30+ too. It gives the flexibility to change the camera to point to almost all angles with just one adjustment. With the usual pan-tilt heads, you may need to 3 separate adjustments.

Is the ballhead a unit which I can mount on top of a standard tripod or is it unique to its own tripod?

Originally posted by teerex
Is the ballhead a unit which I can mount on top of a standard tripod or is it unique to its own tripod?

Well for some tripods like the Slik Sprint Pro, the ball head is fixed to the tripod.

But most ball heads are sold separately from tripods and can be attached to tripods or monopods.

For slik sprint pro, you could remove the ballhead and replace with another. Many other tripods come with a fixed head (usually pan-tilt heads),

There're also tripods which come without any heads, where you need to get a head before you could use.

You could also consider attaching a ballhead to an existing tripod with a fixed pan-tilt head like this:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14667&highlight=slik+u6600+AND+ballhead

I don't guarantee the performance though.

mpenza and all: can a 390 manfrotto tripod that comes with a fixed pan head change to a ball head? Can i just change the centre column? How would u advise?

How good is the 390 tripod? Would anyone else recommend any other types?

Thanks in advance,

:D

it seems to be integrated from what Manfrotto website says and this means it can't be changed. as for changing the centre column, you have to check with Manfrotto whether they sell it for the 390.

The 390 feels pretty solid.

Thanks for the quick reply...
but i heard the centre column can be removed.. so still got chance right?

Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.