BallHead RECOMMENDATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

plsoong

Jan 31, 2003
Visit site
Hi all out there,

I'm getting a GITZO 1128 tripod and intend to get a BALL HEAD for my F80 with 28-200 tamron lens

My Budget is around $200

please recommend the best ball head within that price range can?

thanx

PL

sadly, i think that most sub-$200 ball heads suffer from 'slippage' you might be better off getting a manfrotto 190 and using money saved towards an acratech ball head

Geez, ballhead and tripod that's gonna cost more than the price of the camera and lens itself.. not to mentioned being overspecified too.

Originally posted by erwinx
sadly, i think that most sub-$200 ball heads suffer from 'slippage' you might be better off getting a manfrotto 190 and using money saved towards an acratech ball head

how abotu if the budget is revised to $250?

which one will u recommend for the gitzo 1128?

wah kaoz

relax lar brudder,

i'm toking abtou SGD$250

Originally posted by plsoong
how abotu if the budget is revised to $250?

which one will u recommend for the gitzo 1128?

i think there are a few manfrotto ball heads around that price. on the assumption that you might upgrade your camera equpiment in the future (eg: a 70-200 F/2.8 whether Sigma or Nikon ;) ) you might want to get the best you can afford. Go SEED tomorrow and ask the experts there. :) But whatever you do, test for 'slip' (i.e. tighten ball head, whether it moves a little bit after that) first to see if you can live with it.

if you notice Darren's signature, you'll see this link ... http://www.phototoolkit.com/index.html

Originally posted by erwinx
i think there are a few manfrotto ball heads around that price. on the assumption that you might upgrade your camera equpiment in the future (eg: a 70-200 F/2.8 whether Sigma or Nikon ;) ) you might want to get the best you can afford. Go SEED tomorrow and ask the experts there. :) But whatever you do, test for 'slip' (i.e. tighten ball head, whether it moves a little bit after that) first to see if you can live with it.

erm..i can't attend the SEED tomolo lor..gotta teach some undergrads..

but yep going to get better eq next time..

so which model leh?

As long as uyou don't use heavy weight equipment, manfrotto's ballheads are good enough for 35mm. Check that it has panning capabilities, Acratech is nice and good and light, however very expensive! Stay withn your budget and know your equipment more importantly know what you need, otherwise photography becomes a burden for you and is no fun anymore.......
Keep things simple, it is not a case of having the latest and best equipment, don't make photography a fashion parade of ego's........

Hong Sien

erm..i can't attend the SEED tomolo lor..gotta teach some undergrads..

but yep going to get better eq next time..

so which model leh?

try Manfrotto (whatever model is within your budget) and have a look at the Acratech. Both can be seen at Cathay. Looking at the construction of the acratech, it should last a long time and through a few upgrades of your camera equipment. It is also light for the amount of weight it can support.

Hey man,you might want to try VELBON.not bad for the price.saw on the net people use big white lens with it.got mine @ $60 2nd hand.;)

Thanx to all brudders,

Yes, My limit is $250.......really can't afford to push anyhigher....

So far the load will be the tamron super XR Zoom 28-200 , Nikon AFD 50mm, Nikon AFD 105mm

and maybe an occasional speedlight

so the Manfrotto one can tahan
?

Thanx to all brudders,

So far the load will be the tamron super XR Zoom 28-200 , Nikon AFD 50mm, Nikon AFD 105mm

?

More than enough. I always use my 190 Pro B with 352RC ballhead with my F100+MB15, 80-200/2.8, flash and never had problems. And the whole setup is only ~$200.

Regards
CK

Thanx to all brudders,

?

The manfrotto can tahan even if u add a 80-200/2.8 or 70-200/2.8. :)

If you are taller than 175, get the 055, else get the 190.

As i say since you are buying the G1128, might as well spend lesser to get the G1127($500 sale while stock last)

Originally posted by ckiang
More than enough. I always use my 190 Pro B with 352RC ballhead with my F100+MB15, 80-200/2.8, flash and never had problems. And the whole setup is only ~$200.

Regards
CK

will this setup creep when shooting portraits mode?

try slik pro ball head...works for me :) even if it creeps, angle the ballhead the opposite direction, used with big white lens no prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.