Ball Watches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do those same magnets, screw with your cell phone or other electronic gadgets?

Oh yes, you bet. I was wondering at one stage about a decade ago, why my cellphones were dying at an unprecedented rate. Until I was in Hong Kong when one of the tech-heads told me my cell was damaged through excessive exposure to magnets. Then it dawned on me it was the speaker cluster I spend so much time with.

I am a touring sound engineer by professional and am surrounded by massive speaker clusters at work and the amount of magnetism from the speaker magnets ruin watches without protection. That is why the feature on the Ball Watch was an important feature for me.

Oh! In your case, I would think that it is a main draw too, then. Thanks for explaining, microcosm. :)

Anyway, do ALL Ball watches come with anti-magnetic feature?

Last edited:
BTW, where should I go to view Ball watches? (I meant a place where they will have a wide range to look at). TIA.

I'm using one. Got the most basic model. Built like a tank. Their customer support is also a better than the rest of the better brands I heard. Anyway, I'm happy with mine.

Sinn watches remind me of Bell&Ross...very instrument-like...and very scientific. But definitely not cheap, especially Bell&Ross.

Well, that is because Sinn has been making watches for Bell & Ross.

B&R was launched in '92 if I am not wrong, back than, all their watches were made by Sinn. I believe B&R started making their own watches in 2002. Back than, you could get 'B&R by Sinn' in your B&R watch if I am not wrong.

Besides, why settle for a overpriced B&R when you got their brand's orginal makers watches at a lower price range? I think B&R's BR-01 is quite overhyped & overpriced.

As for Ball, think the brand came to Singapore 5 years ago?? Cant really remember, very decent price for the quality of stuff that comes along with it. I like the limited edition diver watch.
I think the warrenty for the glowing gas is 10 or 25 years....

Am quite an avid watch person, thats why cannot buy more camera stuff:cry:

Here is my small humble collection, guess the models if you can:
IMG_18471.jpg

My next conquest is the IWC Big Pilot, fantastic watch with 7days power reserve!! See bonus how la, later buy Swatch also no money...! hahahaha

Last edited:
BTW, where should I go to view Ball watches? (I meant a place where they will have a wide range to look at). TIA.

You can check out Watches Of Switzerland or Cortina Watches.

I dont really like Cortina though, service is not really there. Stood there for 10mins looking at the Ball Diver, turned around looked at the sales staff a few times but none wanted to come over :dunno:

After 10mins, decided not to get the watch, turned off by the service. :confused:

microcosm, may I know why is the Anti-Magnetic feature the main draw for you? I am a noob in watches, hence do not know this feature. Is it supposed to maintain the accuracy better?

TIA for replies. :)

Actually, a $20 casio watch is more accurate than any mechanical watch over time.

It is just the beauty of mechanical watches that draw people to it, Timepieces one would call it, or simply, its the only jewellery a guy can really wear.

Anti Magnetic feature does not maintain accuracy. For mechanical watches a build in tourbillon mantains accuracy, note that even with the tourbillon, the mechanical watch is still not as accurate as a $20 casio watch.

The price of a tourbillon watch, can prob buy you a car :sweat:
Mostly in modern mechanical watches, the tourbillon is showned on the face of the watch so so called "show off" the watch makers fine work.

You can see the B&R Tourbillon on the face here:
ind-watch-dial-bell-ross-br01-instrument-tourbillon.jpg

IMG_18471.jpg

My next conquest is the IWC Big Pilot, fantastic watch with 7days power reserve!! See bonus how la, later buy Swatch also no money...! hahahaha

Wow... photography and watch collection. :sweat::faint:

Anyway, the aviator and the diver series are very attractive. :lovegrin:

Anti Magnetic feature does not maintain accuracy. For mechanical watches a build in tourbillon mantains accuracy, note that even with the tourbillon, the mechanical watch is still not as accurate as a $20 casio watch.

So the anti-magnetic feature is to protect the innards of a mechanical watch from being damaged by magnetic field?

Oh damn, think I confused myself as well! haha! :confused:

Anyway let me re-phase myself, the anti magnetism stuff in the ball watch actually prevents magnetism from affecting the mechanical movements inside it, so ya, prevents in-accuracy but does not maintain accuracy... Er, sounds correct right?

Where else the other thing I was talking about, the tourbillon is the one that maintains accuracy within a mechanical watch.

Oh damn, think I confused myself as well! haha! :confused:

Anyway let me re-phase myself, the anti magnetism stuff in the ball watch actually prevents magnetism from affecting the mechanical movements inside it, so ya, prevents in-accuracy but does not maintain accuracy... Er, sounds correct right?

Where else the other thing I was talking about, the tourbillon is the one that maintains accuracy within a mechanical watch.

Thanks for the comment, Royale With Cheese.

You can check out Watches Of Switzerland or Cortina Watches.

I dont really like Cortina though, service is not really there. Stood there for 10mins looking at the Ball Diver, turned around looked at the sales staff a few times but none wanted to come over :dunno:

After 10mins, decided not to get the watch, turned off by the service. :confused:

No leh. I went so many time and the staffs kept asking if I needed help but I told her just taking a look only. Maybe I created this mentality for them.;p

No leh. I went so many time and the staffs kept asking if I needed help but I told her just taking a look only. Maybe I created this mentality for them.;p

hahaha! Spoil market ah?

I went to both the Raffles City & Paragon, big fat zero service, they just stand around. I must say, I dont dress like I am going down to the market but still......................

Maybe I wore my UN Maxi Diver & Sinn there, hour glass house brand, so they dont wanna serve competitors :bsmilie:

Ya, sincere watches at Vivo also, same thing.. I think its just my face, dont have towkay look! hahaha

Last edited:
I am a touring sound engineer by professional and am surrounded by massive speaker clusters at work and the amount of magnetism from the speaker magnets ruin watches without protection. That is why the feature on the Ball Watch was an important feature for me.

Then you should get the Rolex Milgauss or the IWC Ingeniur.

hahaha! Spoil market ah?

I went to both the Raffles City & Paragon, big fat zero service, they just stand around. I must say, I dont dress like I am going down to the market but still......................

Maybe I wore my UN Maxi Diver & Sinn there, hour glass house brand, so they dont wanna serve competitors :bsmilie:

Ya, sincere watches at Vivo also, same thing.. I think its just my face, dont have towkay look! hahaha

LOL, next time wear full face motorcycle helmet. Sure they will ask you: "What do you want":bsmilie:

Well, that is because Sinn has been making watches for Bell & Ross.

B&R was launched in '92 if I am not wrong, back than, all their watches were made by Sinn. I believe B&R started making their own watches in 2002. Back than, you could get 'B&R by Sinn' in your B&R watch if I am not wrong.

Besides, why settle for a overpriced B&R when you got their brand's orginal makers watches at a lower price range? I think B&R's BR-01 is quite overhyped & overpriced.

As for Ball, think the brand came to Singapore 5 years ago?? Cant really remember, very decent price for the quality of stuff that comes along with it. I like the limited edition diver watch.
I think the warrenty for the glowing gas is 10 or 25 years....

IMG_18471.jpg

hmm..very nice Sinn's sub..

hmm..very nice Sinn's sub..

That is the Sinn U1 Tempus edition. Pretty much my everyday watch.
Very hard strong material, knocked it around a couple of times but no scratches so far, knocked it on my house gate a few times while opening the door, watch didnt have any scratches but paint from the gate came off! lol! Good stuff.

Limited to 250 pieces compared to the Sinn Black & white which is 399 or 400 pieces I believe?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.