Bali trip - advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

with_brokenwings

Jul 6, 2006
the 15th
www.eugene.oepri.com
hey all

im going to Bali for 4D3N end of this year in december.. any suggestions on what to do, what to see, what to shoot? im going free and easy so yea..

oh yeah, any suggestions on what to eat? like which art of bali has good food and a cool night life etc?

really appreciate suggestions

TIA!

hey all

im going to Bali for 4D3N end of this year in december.. any suggestions on what to do, what to see, what to shoot? im going free and easy so yea..

oh yeah, any suggestions on what to eat? like which art of bali has good food and a cool night life etc?

really appreciate suggestions

TIA!
Hmm... it might be raining if you go there in Dec. So many things to do & shoot!

What to see? What to shoot?

A question.

What do YOU want to see? What do YOU want to shoot?
If u dun have anything in mind, u can't see anything. Neither can u shoot anything.

We ain't God, Angels, Demons with mind reading and control power. So we can't advise you what u wanna see, what u wanna shoot.

I was there in July. Very nice place.
I stayed in Sanur and it is VERY quiet.
For accomodation, Grand Bali beach is value for money.
Very few tourists and businesses look very bad.
I visited Kuta beach one evening for just 1 hour to look at the sunset and it is much more lively and much more people.

So it depends on what you want.
Nightlife, people, excitement...go to Kuta region.
Relax, slow and easy, ...Sanur is fine.

Get a personal driver/guide for transportation. About 350K Rupiah/day
It is a must if you want to do photography.I recommend my driver Nengah Polos.
Just do a search on the internet & you'll find him.
If you want to buy handicraft souvenirs, ask the driver to bring you to some wholesale shop if it is on the way. Some do entertain small purchases. It is MUCH more cheaper, without even need to bargain.

And remember, bargain HARD.....unless you willingly want to pay more.(some people do:) ).

hey all

TIA!

Like jbma said, what do you want to shoot? Landscape, cultural, streets, etc. So much to shhot in Bali. Do some homework before you go, the library is a good souce for information for popular places to visit. For out of the norm places, look up lonelyplanet.com.

A few of us from CS made a 5D4N travel and shoot trip there in August this year and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We had the blessing of having an Indonesian friend who hired a vehicle to travel around for the 5 days. We travelled in the day to various places in various parts of Bali to shoot. Stopping to look for hotels at the end of the day for rest.

For an idea of where we travelled for our shoot, have a look at THIS LINK (courtesy of ARk19). We visited all the places on the map linked with pictures in our 5 days (actually spent only 4 days shooting).

Links to other pics of our trip by can be found HERE.

Hope these can give you some idea of where and what to shoot. If you do visit the famous temple at Uluwati, a word of caution if you are a spectacle wearer, or hold and P&S in your hand . Look out for the monkeys there?

Have a pleasant trip

Like jbma said, what do you want to shoot? Landscape, cultural, streets, etc. So much to shhot in Bali. Do some homework before you go, the library is a good souce for information for popular places to visit. For out of the norm places, look up lonelyplanet.com.

A few of us from CS made a 5D4N travel and shoot trip there in August this year and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We had the blessing of having an Indonesian friend who hired a vehicle to travel around for the 5 days. We travelled in the day to various places in various parts of Bali to shoot. Stopping to look for hotels at the end of the day for rest.

For an idea of where we travelled for our shoot, have a look at THIS LINK (courtesy of ARk19). We visited all the places on the map linked with pictures in our 5 days (actually spent only 4 days shooting).

Links to other pics of our trip by can be found HERE.

Hope these can give you some idea of where and what to shoot. If you do visit the famous temple at Uluwati, a word of caution if you are a spectacle wearer, or hold and P&S in your hand . Look out for the monkeys there?

Have a pleasant trip
My friend....

jbma is jbma
espn is espn
jsbn is jsbn

So, that would be me u're quoting. :bsmilie: No offence though. :confused: :bsmilie:

My friend....

jbma is jbma
espn is espn
jsbn is jsbn

So, that would be me u're quoting. :bsmilie: No offence though. :confused: :bsmilie:

My apologies. You know there are times when the fingers and the mind don't sync.

No offence bro, keep smiling.

One more is the temple Tanah Lot, dont go as a couple if you are going with gf or bf. The temple is actually used by the Balinese eons ago for formalizing breakups or dissovling marriages. Seems that couples who go there all will break up. A few of my friends broke up with gfs or wives to be after going there. Whether you believe it or not, its up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.