Bali Bali Bali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scann69

Feb 25, 2005
Singapore
scann69.fotopic.net
Anybody interested in going to Bali in July. Hehehe, JD say open new thread so here it is ;) but seriously, since KK is kinda hard to get place, why not try Bali. I heard that smoked duck and the rice is good. Give me your thoughts. :thumbsup:

Bali is beautiful. The scenery, people, rich culture, dances, colours, padi field, temples, volcano, dolphins, history and artifacts, stonecraft, wood craft, pine trees, art etc .......

'Must go' kind of photog place. Just do not waste too much time in Kuta. Hire a vehicle and travel the whole island. Every hour of drive will bring you to a new photo site kind of feeling.

Been there 10 years back and did a diy 10 days trip on a jeep. Breathtaking - hope to go again soon.

Erm... Sercuity issue... i heard still not very safe to go there... though it is cheap... but i precious my life more...?

Earthquake/Tsunami prone destination .......Didn't you read the news? :think:

Terrorists on the prowl ..... :hung:

Guys guys.....

We all just live one life once... so why are we worrying so much. Leave everything to heavens will....

"If you have to go, you have to go..."

The most important thing is to enjoy your life to the fullest...
And if there is another Tsunami, I might be one of those who will still continue taking photos of the breath taking waves... Its a gamble, if I make it out alive, I will be able to sell the photos for lots of money.... keke...

The only thing that will stop me going is $$$$... And I hope that it will not be the strongest factor.

tkp77 said:
Guys guys.....

We all just live one life once... so why are we worrying so much. Leave everything to heavens will....

And if there is another Tsunami, I might be one of those who will still continue taking photos of the breath taking waves... Its a gamble, if I make it out alive, I will be able to sell the photos for lots of money.... keke...

The only thing that will stop me going is $$$$... And I hope that it will not be the strongest factor.

Bravo!
Francis is talking in the spirit of an adventurous Photographer.
***Dare to shoot!!!*** :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hong Jia said:
Erm... Sercuity issue... i heard still not very safe to go there... though it is cheap... but i precious my life more...?

There is no more security issue at Bali!

I went there the year before, it was still very quiet because many, many Singaporean are so scared of Bali....very enjoyable....and whoever is going there, a must visit place is the padi field...photographers and camera men/women cannot miss at all!

Budget should be less the $500 inclusive of flight and hotel stay. Of course the hotel won't be a 5 star kind but more of a rest place. I won't want to worry so much about the earthquake, tsunami and bombs. What is life if u live to 100 years old but have no stories to tell. Imagine telling your friends or grandchildren that u have been in SG all your life cos you did not dare take risk....that's one heck of a story ;p

Anyway, after all the replies, i'm yet to hear anyone say they want to go. I'm not sure if the place will be fully booked but the sooner your decide, the sooner things can be confirmed. Date to go will be from 17th - 20th July 2005.

JimDavis said:
There is no more security issue at Bali!

I went there the year before, it was still very quiet because many, many Singaporean are so scared of Bali....very enjoyable....and whoever is going there, a must visit place is the padi field...photographers and camera men/women cannot miss at all!

The last time I went there, there were semi-nude local women bathing in the river. Not sure they still bathe in the river these days!

Scann69, if you are organising, suggest you put up the Notice Board and keep it updated. You can link this thread to it like what JD has done. Only if you are organising. Otherwise just discuss in this thread will do.

PLUG needs more members to organise activities! :thumbsup:

Let me check out some links to see if package are attractive and if so, i'll post it here and see how many are interested. Can i have a show of hands for those interested to go in July 17th - 20th July 2005.

LifeWorld said:
The last time I went there, there were semi-nude local women bathing in the river. Not sure they still bathe in the river these days!

Scann69, if you are organising, suggest you put up the Notice Board and keep it updated. You can link this thread to it like what JD has done. Only if you are organising. Otherwise just discuss in this thread will do.

Wow!~!~ :eek:
Every risk is worth taking.... :bsmilie:

tkp77 said:
Guys guys.....

You are just thinking of yrself. You need to be responsible for your loved ones too.

natnivek said:
Hi xmen2003, let's not judge each other here. :nono: Cheers!

Hmmh... :think: I think he's not judging. Just a gentle reminder that whatever rash decision we made sometimes, we need to put the family into consideration too. Xmen2003 is a good family guy. :thumbsup:

Come on, we all have different points of view. If you believe it's too risky then by all means be yourself and i will still respect you for that. There is no good or bad in risk taking....it's just a decision that gives 2 results. Even the unexpected results can be looked from a brighter side. :angel:

An so we continue.....a show of hands those interested to go on the 17th - 20th July 2005 and i'm serious about this.

LifeWorld said:

This is another big gamble we'll have to take ..... go there to find No More semi-nude women bathing in the river. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Guys, I am not luring you to visit Bali with the idea of seeing semi-nude women. That was some twenty years back when I was just a kid.

However, If still available, do it with an open mind! How often do we have such opportunities as a photog? Not here for sure. It's a different culture over there.

It's good PLUG has shown concern to each other on their safety when travelling. This is something which we appreciated. At the eod, decision still lies within oneself!

LifeWorld said:
Guys, I am not luring you to visit Bali with the idea of seeing semi-nude women. That was some twenty years back when I was just a kid.

However, If still available, do it with an open mind! How often do we have such opportunities as a photog? Not here for sure. It's a different culture over there.

It's good PLUG has shown concern to each other on their safety when travelling. This is something which we appreciated. At the eod, decision still lies within oneself!

I don't know what to say ........ :embrass:

Then again, you had misled us ..... did you just say twenty years ago .... I don't think those women would still be bathing in that river. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.