Bali Bali Bali

Status
Not open for further replies.
LifeWorld said:
The last time I went there, there were semi-nude local women bathing in the river. Not sure they still bathe in the river these days!

Yes! But it all depends on your luck. ;)

if the same women u saw 20yrs ago are still there, i don't think I wanna see what they've become by now... :sticktong

benedium said:
if the same women u saw 20yrs ago are still there, i don't think I wanna see what they've become by now... :sticktong

Should see the next generation "product", I am sure that it will certainly inspire you... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

xmen2003 said:
You are just thinking of yrself. You need to be responsible for your loved ones too.

hmm... correction to your comments....

I'm not being selfish, but being more optimistic.... I don't see that things will always be that bad.

In another school of thoughts:
If singapore is going into War, will u report to camp, hold your rifle and go to the frontline to fight? OR Stay at home and protect your love ones???

Its a difficult choice... I can't tell u the answer right now. Only when the situation is real, then you will see how people with choose.

In the meantime don't worry so much... Life should be more simple... think what u need to do, and like NIKE says: JUST DO IT!

For me I'm good to go for this bali trip.... but hope the organiser look for a cheap cheap agency... me very poor now... no need 5 star treatment... just need a place to charge batt can liao...

Cheers...

tkp77 said:
hmm... correction to your comments....

I'm not being selfish, but being more optimistic.... I don't see that things will always be that bad.

In another school of thoughts:
If singapore is going into War, will u report to camp, hold your rifle and go to the frontline to fight? OR Stay at home and protect your love ones???

Its a difficult choice... I can't tell u the answer right now. Only when the situation is real, then you will see how people with choose.

In the meantime don't worry so much... Life should be more simple... think what u need to do, and like NIKE says: JUST DO IT!

For me I'm good to go for this bali trip.... but hope the organiser look for a cheap cheap agency... me very poor now... no need 5 star treatment... just need a place to charge batt can liao...

Cheers...

Buy the big big battery pack... can shoot without recharging... should be able to last u 3 days...

JimDavis said:
Should see the next generation "product", I am sure that it will certainly inspire you... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

agreed, their new generation "product" really "Inspired the Next" :bsmilie:

benedium said:

I remember seeing them bathing with their babies. Some were baby daughter.
I do wish I can still see them though!

LifeWorld said:
I remember seeing them bathing with their babies. Some were baby daughter.
I do wish I can still see them though!

Bro, we are talking about something that happened 20 years ago ......

Hey!! That river that they were in might not even be there any more..... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Zenten said:
Bro, we are talking about something that happened 20 years ago ......

Hey!! That river that they were in might not even be there any more..... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

What do you think would happen to a river in Indonesia? Big river you know? Not longkang!

Those women were around 13-16 years old. Should be in late 30 by now! ;p
And their baby, sweet 20+. Most likely bathing their babies too!
So Grandma, Ma and daughter bathing together. :sticktong hahaha.

Zenten flies there tomorrow! Hahaha.

Hong Jia said:
Buy the big big battery pack... can shoot without recharging... should be able to last u 3 days...

External battery pack can be ordered via ebay, I think it is about S$80+ (inclusive shipment cost).

SLS also have some shops that are selling it, except that the physical outlook is not as appealing...

LifeWorld said:
What do you think would happen to a river in Indonesia? Big river you know? Not longkang!

Those women were around 13-16 years old. Should be in late 30 by now! ;p
And their baby, sweet 20+. Most likely bathing their babies too!
So Grandma, Ma and daughter bathing together. :sticktong hahaha.

Zenten flies there tomorrow! Hahaha.

Yeah..yeah.....I am also bringing my baby to bathe in the river ...... So just snap away!!!! ;)

Zenten said:
Yeah..yeah.....I am also bringing my baby to bathe in the river ...... So just snap away!!!! ;)

Do show your baby pics ok? They are very cute one! :)

Better get back on track with this thread! Too OT liao. ;)

tkp77 said:

Cheers...

I will see what i can gather and post it here. So far one person already PM me and say interested and another is in my MSN list. I guess if can get about 6 to 8 people then it will be good. Bare in mind those going will need to take atleast 2 days leave. I figure i should be stressed enough to take leave by then ;p

Guys, dunno if you know this or no. In Bali there will be a double standard of the pricing (local and tourist) for everything, including hotel and etc. Since I'm Indonesian, let me check whether or no I can book the hotel for you with local price!
There's no more security issue so far, but I'll keep my eyes on this.
Anything yuo want to know about Bali, please let me know... ;)

xingyap said:
Guys, dunno if you know this or no. In Bali there will be a double standard of the pricing (local and tourist) for everything, including hotel and etc. Since I'm Indonesian, let me check whether or no I can book the hotel for you with local price!
There's no more security issue so far, but I'll keep my eyes on this.
Anything yuo want to know about Bali, please let me know... ;)

Yo, you are the man i'm looking for. It's going to be my 1st time there so i really don't know where about to go...apart from what has already been planed by the tour guide. Do us all a favour and join the Bali trip ;p

obewan said:
Hmmh... :think: I think he's not judging. Just a gentle reminder that whatever rash decision we made sometimes, we need to put the family into consideration too. Xmen2003 is a good family guy. :thumbsup:

Then I must be mistaken... Pai say...;p
Cheers! :cheers: ;)

Scann69 said:
An so we continue.....a show of hands those interested to go on the 17th - 20th July 2005 and i'm serious about this.
The dates, does it mean we're back on 20th.? I want to know this as it's wifey birthday so I must be back by then, hopefully back in early morning before noon, or can we move the dates a little? but will stick with it if this is group concensus.

Looks like work-wise schedule.. I am ok, just hopes no last minute work related travel I have to go on. Do let us know when we need to confirm and how many is going?

P.S. Not going for the women in the river hah! :embrass:

have to say this, never know if wifey is monitoring me.. hehehe

../azul123

I'm going to Bali and lombok for a photography trip on 25th Apr to 5 May. It's a solo trip.

As of now, through my research at lonelyplanet, it's wiser to hire a driver/guide and a jeep (that sits 4 people) for around RP300,000 (SGD53) a day and tour the island. Divide the $ amongst the few of you and 1 person only pay $10+. That's very very affordable. They're very experienced and know where to bring you according to your needs. Good for photographers i reckon.

So Scann69, probably when i'm back i can give you some essential info you might need.

Scann69 said:
Yo, you are the man i'm looking for. It's going to be my 1st time there so i really don't know where about to go...apart from what has already been planed by the tour guide. Do us all a favour and join the Bali trip ;p

I'd like to join but still dunno whether can or no.. but I will help you if needed.. :)

behyx said:
I'm going to Bali and lombok for a photography trip on 25th Apr to 5 May. It's a solo trip.

As of now, through my research at lonelyplanet, it's wiser to hire a driver/guide and a jeep (that sits 4 people) for around RP300,000 (SGD53) a day and tour the island. Divide the $ amongst the few of you and 1 person only pay $10+. That's very very affordable. They're very experienced and know where to bring you according to your needs. Good for photographers i reckon.

So Scann69, probably when i'm back i can give you some essential info you might need.

Bali is safe now for sure but for Lombok trip, I suggest you to have a local accompanion (or your local guide) since the people down there got different culture/behaviour than Bali. But on the other hand I would say LOMBOK is VERY BEAUTIFUL (even more beautiful than Bali for me) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.