Balanced Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed9119

Staff member
Mar 11, 2002
Singapore
www.walkeast.com
this afternoon at Temple Street ....converted to BW via channel mixer in PS..... pls advise and critique

balancing_act_2.jpg
[/IMG]

i like the feel. urban, somehow irrelevant, but nice.

however, i felt that the wire (or rope) doesn't seem obvious enough, perhaps an angle where the hdb flats behind are less obvious could be obtained?

the person in the picture also seem a bit distorted, though your buildings didn't seem so.

but i like the overall feel

why is the head cut off? u just want us to see the feet?

thanks for the feedback. this guy (from the chinese acrobatic group busking) was on a tall unicycle....... head cut off was unintentional as i had the dslr on ground level and shooting by guesstimate

metered for the sky

very uncomfortable, in more than one sense .. :D

heh heh which part or how do u feel uncomfortable? thanks for comments!

i like the first shot, but i actually assumed that the guy was balancing on a tight rope rather than a unicycle. (the title suggests so)

the first pic: upon first glance i didnt even know there was a unicycle there...i thought he was balancing on the wire..
overall, i feel that it depicts a rather subtle but firm contrast between the foreground chinatown area and the background hdb in our time and age...an image that has a story to tell. thats important.
maybe slightly lesser DOF to give the hdb outline a less prominent effect in the picture.
the version with the head is not as commendable as the first.

try re-cropping the first image, take away about 1/5 from the top, crop to the stuntman's chest level, might just work out better.

Status
Not open for further replies.