Bah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poledra

Sep 7, 2002
Near the Clouds
Visit site
With so much modelling talk floating around me and with so much time on my hands (because I'm out of job, again), I'm considering a bold move on my part. (thanks to UL and my friend Emmanuel) This is because I wanna get used to the camera first.
I'm thinking of having a session whereby newbies at portraits can practice... On me. *gulp*
I used to like being in front of the camera. But after taking up photography as a hobby, I became more and more of a shrinking violet, shrinking behind my camera.

Of course, I won't be so professional as zemotion is... Neither am I something of her style.. I'm more like the 'sunshine' kind of girl.
Come one weekday morning/afternoon (or Saturday if I manage to get a job) I'll be willing to pose.

But I do have some requests. I would like the number of photographers to be limited at 5 (or less, if possible), if this thing is pulled off. I'm dreadfully afraid of 10 cameras pointed at me at the same time. And I also do think a person who really kicks ass at portraits should be at the crime scene too. Tho I wouldn't dream of committing anyone not of their own free will......

Okay, what do you guys all think? And most importantly, what does UL/Wolfie think about this?

u may like 2 try get some1 else who also feel liek venturign into modelling so that u wun feel so outstanding

SniperD said:
Can I be one of the privileged 5 :)
... You don't look very newbie to me...
This is more like to give chance to the newbies
Ask my 'manager'.. UL....

Er, okay lah.. guess I'll feel more at ease with another AMATEUR model along with me.. Anyone interested in a spot of modelling?

SniperD said:
aiyoh.. I still newbie leh.... really... haven;t really a chance to shoot out with the old birds :)
UL? Does he pass? :D

Hmmm... See how the response first...

Poledra said:
And most importantly, what does UL/Wolfie think about this?

Well, you know i've always been supportive of what you want to do. :) I think it's something you can do if you are comfortable enough in doing so.

Best of luck for the shoot. :)

Poledra said:
With so much modelling talk floating around me and with so much time on my hands (because I'm out of job, again), I'm considering a bold move on my part. (thanks to UL and my friend Emmanuel) This is because I wanna get used to the camera first.
I'm thinking of having a session whereby newbies at portraits can practice... On me. *gulp*
I used to like being in front of the camera. But after taking up photography as a hobby, I became more and more of a shrinking violet, shrinking behind my camera.

Of course, I won't be so professional as zemotion is... Neither am I something of her style.. I'm more like the 'sunshine' kind of girl.
Come one weekday morning/afternoon (or Saturday if I manage to get a job) I'll be willing to pose.

But I do have some requests. I would like the number of photographers to be limited at 5 (or less, if possible), if this thing is pulled off. I'm dreadfully afraid of 10 cameras pointed at me at the same time. And I also do think a person who really kicks ass at portraits should be at the crime scene too. Tho I wouldn't dream of committing anyone not of their own free will......

Okay, what do you guys all think? And most importantly, what does UL/Wolfie think about this?
It sounds easy but i think you better try on a part-time basis. I believe many of us can help you with contacts. Maybe you allow 6 members each time and collect, say $20 each (total:$120) for each session and hopefully you can get 12 sessions a month to start with a new carear. For outdoor, not much of other costs. For indoor, maybe the 6 can share costs for the loan of studio. I am sure Astin can give you a special rate.
I will be willing to participate....
After you have built up a portfolio, then you can then decide what you really want to do.

<<==== Newbie :D

to get used to posing in front of camera...

start off by posing for 1 close fren (someone who is good at portraits/fashion shoots can oso give some pointers on modelling/posing).
then a few close frens e.g. UL/Wolfie.
next ... a small group of CS newbies
finally... a large group of fee-paying photogs.

you can decide your comfort level at each stage.

poledra model shoot (tba)

photog list
1. sniperd
2. art2d2
3. majere2sg
4. sesame_street98
5. sequitur

reserve list
1. laulee
2. helmetbox
3. espn

:cry:

reeeeeeseeervveeee...........................

:cry:

:bheart:

Wow.
Go to sleep only.. Then wake up to see that response is hot.... I'm so flattered.
Wah... Don't anyhow go start list for me.. There are many things to consider before I go start a list in the Events and Training sub\forum.
Like, who's gonna be my bodyguard? :D was hoping UL, since Wolfie is so busy. But then again, UL is also so busy.)
Actually, I wasn't thinking of charging. You know, it's actually for like, total newbies.
Haven't really decided on my rate yet. Am I worth anything? :dunno:

You guys don't even have a teacher yet. I'm not that kick-ass person in portraits. And I'm also half-baked in portraits. I can't teach. In fact, I was hoping to learn at the same time, like listen in to conversations. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.