bags recommendation (mixture of beltpack and shoulder)

Status
Not open for further replies.

akagi07

Apr 6, 2006
hi,

currently has a classic trekker for general purpose but wish to get something for travelling light.

other than lowepro inverse and off trail, I'm kinda loss when finding other similar range.
just that for inverse 100 seems compact enough but unable to squeeze in an attached battery grip. my budget is way below 70.

anyone had good recommendation?

just that for inverse 100 seems compact enough but unable to squeeze in an attached battery grip. my budget is way below 70.

Suggest a Safrotto bag(bought from the Camera Workshop) or a Rezo 190 AW

OUTBACK 200.

new bag from lowepro. It's like a merge between inverse and toploader.

Damn good bag. highly modifiable because it's modular as well. Attach what ever u want to this bag, flash pouch etc etc.

Drawback? It screams "I HAVE A CAMERA IN THIS BAG AND ALOT OF LENS, COME STAB ME AND STEAL MY STUFF THANKXBAI"

Otherwise i have been poisoned and love this bag. Plus it's a beltpack with sling. heh

OUTBACK 200.

Damn good bag. highly modifiable because it's modular as well. Attach what ever u want to this bag, flash pouch etc etc.

Drawback? It screams "I HAVE A CAMERA IN THIS BAG AND ALOT OF LENS, COME STAB ME AND STEAL MY STUFF THANKXBAI"

Otherwise i have been poisoned and love this bag. Plus it's a beltpack with sling. heh

haha actually i saw this outback 200 you r referring
yes very cool indeed. just by removing two lens pouch it became a toploader like
cp selling at 95 out of my budget

Suggest a Safrotto bag(bought from the Camera Workshop) or a Rezo 190 AW
Hey Cartman2000, I have been going down to TCW at least 5-6 times since you mentioned your Safrotto, but don't know which one is it leh...

OUTBACK 200.

Heh heh heh... Yes, damn good DAMN GOOD lah! The whole of yesterday our good friend Complex was using it, and so was I. He at Chinese Gardens, me at Changi Point.
TS, you can ask Complex where to get his Outback 200. He got it cheaper than me!

Hi. It's the smallest one(on top of the pile stealth reporter clones)

OUTBACK 200.

Don't get lowepro, their products are ugly and i do not trust them, due to previous accidents.

If you love your gears, get the ThinkTank Speed Freak, a waist pouch.

I'd pay more for a good bag which i can trust and also one which does not scream camera bags.

The hadley series from billimgham is also one bag which does scream "camera bag" and is a versatile bag, being trustable and also looks good.

The bags don't come cheap, but they sure are worth every cent paid.

I use 8 MDH from crumpler an ok bag but kinda feel like kiddish hahahaha

There are specific purposes for each bag.

For lowepro, their focus is on bags which are meant to be taken on assignment or used in the field, not for casual caring around. Just my opinion.

Many other brands also market their products based on the "this is not a camera bag" idea. Thats great too. Personally, between just these two types of bags, i have 5 already.

then there's the travelers bag, backpacks. etc. hoho

Edit. Lowepro Inverse 100 can fit D90 with battery grip. This i know for sure because i used to own 1.

Last edited:
Don't get lowepro, their products are ugly and i do not trust them, due to previous accidents.

If you love your gears, get the ThinkTank Speed Freak, a waist pouch.

I'd pay more for a good bag which i can trust and also one which does not scream camera bags.

The hadley series from billimgham is also one bag which does scream "camera bag" and is a versatile bag, being trustable and also looks good.

The bags don't come cheap, but they sure are worth every cent paid.

Hi Lomographer, where do you usually buy your TT stuffs from? I can't find much at CP, and I would love to see, feel and experience this wonderful TT speedbelt that you guys have been talking about.

I use 8 MDH from crumpler an ok bag but kinda feel like kiddish hahahaha

Lazymuf, no lah.. don't say that. I have only very recently begun to understand how different people respond to their camera bags. That is why there are so many types and brands for all. After saying that, yes, I agree with you. It is precisely because of this kiddish-ness that I have not bought an 8 million Dollar Home for myself. Hahaha...!

Hi Lomographer, where do you usually buy your TT stuffs from? I can't find much at CP, and I would love to see, feel and experience this wonderful TT speedbelt that you guys have been talking about.

Hey bro, i bought my TT from adorama, but you can check out sam's place (John 3:16)

He has a stock of different TTs and may have the Speed Freak there.

It's a great bag and trust me, it will last you a long way.

The other bags i own at the moment is billinghams and one domke.

Those are also great bags you can consider. :)

Hey bro, i bought my TT from adorama, but you can check out sam's place (John 3:16)

He has a stock of different TTs and may have the Speed Freak there.

It's a great bag and trust me, it will last you a long way.

The other bags i own at the moment is billinghams and one domke.

Those are also great bags you can consider. :)

My goodness, Lomographer! All your stuff are branded, good bags, man!

Nope. I use godspeed. It's a china brand. Looks better than billinghams or domke but quality wise not as good. easy to get diry.

YMMV, but I am not one to pay more than $200 for a bag just because it doesn't seem to resemble a camera bag

My goodness, Lomographer! All your stuff are branded, good bags, man!

It's not exactly branded, but they are known for their reliability and fabulous built quality.

If i'm willing to spend thousands on lenses and bodies, why not a few hundred on something to protect my gears?

I for one think that bags is something you can't scrimp on.

Take the domke for example, it's so rugged and perfect for someone like me that shoots mainly street photography. The paddings in the bags are also very useful for protecting the cameras and lenses in the case of it falling, and the inserts also help to organize my bag to make it less messy and easier to access my gears when in a rush.

It's also big, and spacious enough for extra equipment including my gears.

It's about 3 years old now, and still working fine. I'm sure it can last me for another 10 years or maybe even more. :)

There are specific purposes for each bag.

For lowepro, their focus is on bags which are meant to be taken on assignment or used in the field, not for casual caring around. Just my opinion.

Many other brands also market their products based on the "this is not a camera bag" idea. Thats great too. Personally, between just these two types of bags, i have 5 already.

then there's the travelers bag, backpacks. etc. hoho

Edit. Lowepro Inverse 100 can fit D90 with battery grip. This i know for sure because i used to own 1.

it does? I do not have my cam with my ytd when I got to CP. But inverse 100 looks small.. ya for a body alone. But a batt grip? is it too packed?

Status
Not open for further replies.