bags.... need recommandations.

xavior

Jul 8, 2010
i looked thru a number of bags and have narrowed it down to a three of them.
my requirements for the bag is to be able to fit a dslr with a 55-200/250 lens, two or three extra lens, personal belongings and a tripod. quick access and a notebook slot would be a plus.

narrowed down to kata 3in1 20/22/30/33 and tamrac's evolution 8.
any other bags that you guys would recommand?

Kata 3IN1 22 will fit you nicely. I just got mine recently and put it to use during the NE show just now. Very comfortable. However, you need to purchase a separate tripod cup at about $20.

Another thing is, if your tripod is about the size of a Manfrotto 190XB, it is going to 'pull' down your bag and it feels a little uncomfortable. Removing the head while travelling only helps a little as the tripod legs are still 'pulling' your bag down.

Lastly, it looks way cooler and sleeker than a Tamrac Evo8. Evo8 is too big for my liking. Your meat, my poison. =)

Kata 3IN1 22 will fit you nicely. I just got mine recently and put it to use during the NE show just now. Very comfortable. However, you need to purchase a separate tripod cup at about $20.

Another thing is, if your tripod is about the size of a Manfrotto 190XB, it is going to 'pull' down your bag and it feels a little uncomfortable. Removing the head while travelling only helps a little as the tripod legs are still 'pulling' your bag down.

Lastly, it looks way cooler and sleeker than a Tamrac Evo8. Evo8 is too big for my liking. Your meat, my poison. =)

Haha, thanks.
Any other bags that could provide the same?

Try Lowepro Fastpack 250/350(No tripod holder) or Versapack 200 AW(No notebook compartment)

I use the Kata 3n1-33 with tripod holder. It can hold a lot of gear and is easy to operate. The one complaint I have is that the staps are not as comfortable as my lowepro bags.

ThinkTank Photo StreetWalker/Pro/HardDrive and National Geographic NG W5070. The best there is, IMHO.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the feedback guys. =) think i will go and try out the kata 3n1-22 =D
and most prob going to get another sling too. =x

Hi TS, Im using Tamrac Expedition X8, u can fit all ur equipments inside. You can put 2 cameras, 6 lenses, 1 Laptop, plus telephoto even 800mm can fit inside. Its a heavy duty back camera with water proof finish. Outside the bag got slot for the tripod. But i just notice for this bag its a bit heavy, not meant for me as im 5footer only hehe.. meant for big guys. And the weight a bit heavy even its empty still got weight.. Price should be around 400sgd for Brand new.