Bags for travelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombiez

Dec 12, 2002
Visit site
Hi all.

Not sure if this is a bit OT. What kind of bags do you take for traveling? How to stick/attach the tripod to the bag?

I don't quite like using the tripod strap/pocket thingy in the MiniTrekker because it sticks out well below the bottom of the bag, if you're walking with the bag on your back its fine, but if you put the bag down, the whole thing sticks up again :confused:

I'd rather put the tripod in a tripod bag and strap it to the side of the MiniTrekker using the side compression straps, and use a small accessory carrabiner to clip the strap of the tripod bag to the top handle of the MiniTrekker

Gymrat76 said:
I don't quite like using the tripod strap/pocket thingy in the MiniTrekker because it sticks out well below the bottom of the bag, if you're walking with the bag on your back its fine, but if you put the bag down, the whole thing sticks up again :confused:

I'd rather put the tripod in a tripod bag and strap it to the side of the MiniTrekker using the side compression straps, and use a small accessory carrabiner to clip the strap of the tripod bag to the top handle of the MiniTrekker
I tried that, but even with the lightweight manfrotto 190B tripod on one side, I can really feel the weight on the side... :S

hmm.....depends on how much u need a tripod for travelling....for travelling i use my crumpler schrinke...can juz strap the tripod to the side....

Actually thinking of buying a big High Sierra bag Dyno 55+10. Dunno if it is a good idea to attach the tripod behind. Want to use the bag for keeping other stuff such as clothes and such.

Don't want to kill anyone when I swing around.

104521-01
hsif5970.jpg

A lot depends on what kind of travelling you are talking about.

For a holiday travel with family and tours, I carry a small shoulder bag. A small leitz tripod accompanies me.

But for a travel where photography is the main purpose, I travel with a Lowepro Photo-Trekker. I carry my Gitzo 1300 series tripod with a Arca-Swiss head in my hand. Handy for warding off dogs and bad guys!

can get those deuter bag, got big big ones and putting of tripod is not problem.
Just got news from some fellow bro here that they are having 40% off for deuter brand and 50% on other brand at all sports connection outlet. Very worth it. But no idea when the promotion end. :)
I bought mine for ard $70 U.P. over $110 :thumbsup:

I've been using the Rover AWII as a daypack for all my travels so far. Brought it to Nepal for trekking...didn't bring a tripod but managed to use the tripod holder on the bag to slot my trekking pole!! useful! =)

nickmak said:
I tried that, but even with the lightweight manfrotto 190B tripod on one side, I can really feel the weight on the side... :S
balance the other side with a large lens lor...

zombiez said:
Hi all.

Not sure if this is a bit OT. What kind of bags do you take for traveling? How to stick/attach the tripod to the bag?

Maybe you might want to consider whether you need to bring the tripod at all in the first place. I usually don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.