Bags and more bags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordAeRo

Jul 21, 2005
Jurong East
Hello guys,

I've decided to get a bag for my camera, and after a few weeks of research, I've narrowed my choices down to a few. Prices are from either John3:16, K-13 or Cathay. They are the Rover AW II ($137, K-13), Orion AW($60, K-13), Orion AW II($75, John3:16, K-13), PhotoRunner($65, John 3:16) and Stealth Runner (Haven't found any shop that sells this yet.).

I'm caught up between a shoulder bag and a backpack. Shoulder bags should be easier to reach for my camera but I'm not too sure about the comfort. Backpacks are great for me as I can carry extra stuff like food and etc, and not just my camera. Domke bags are nice too, but I'm sad to say most are out of budget (mine being about $150).

Anyone using the abovementioned bags? It could be great if there are some reviews to help me and other people who are interested in buying this.

Sorry if there are/were other similar threads!

Timothy.

depends on how much you want to carry around. most people have more than one bag for different purpose. e.g. I have a backpack with separate compartment for travel, small shoulder bag for simple shoots and a larger backpack when I need to bring more stuff.

mpenza said:
depends on how much you want to carry around. most people have more than one bag for different purpose. e.g. I have a backpack with separate compartment for travel, small shoulder bag for simple shoots and a larger backpack when I need to bring more stuff.

i agree with mpenza...

for me, i got a crumpler bag with padding.. it hold my cam, flash, WCON / TCON, wtc..

another is a normal sling bag that i put cam and flash only.. good for travelling.. not obvious..

good luck with ur seach.. :D

Papilio said:
If you're undecided between a shoulder bag and a backpack, why not consider the Lowepro Slingshot 2? It's a cross between the two. :)
This looks good, better than the Tamrac Velocity7, must be a new model, can tell how much?

../azul123

azul123 said:
This looks good, better than the Tamrac Velocity7, must be a new model, can tell how much?

No idea. Just came across it last week when surfing around the Lowepro site. Probably check with Cathay if they are bringing this in, and cost.

A bit small.. I wish they had a bigger version like the Tamrac Velocity 9...

Papilio said:
No idea. Just came across it last week when surfing around the Lowepro site. Probably check with Cathay if they are bringing this in, and cost.
CP is out of stock and TK Photo had only the Sligshot 100AW, bought one piece today, I think they have one or two more, didn't ask.

../azul123

azul123 said:
CP is out of stock and TK Photo had only the Sligshot 100AW, bought one piece today, I think they have one or two more, didn't ask.

../azul123

How much for the 100AW?

donchua said:
How much for the 100AW?
$70 bought at TK photo this morning. Quite slim and small actually, good if you want to use it for a planned outing without carrying many stuff or lenses, fixed one lens and some small accessories and off you go.

This is more of a replacement for a TLZ type bag for me.

../azul123

azul123 said:

../azul123

Wow! You're fast! You're right to say that the 100AW is a bit small. The 200AW seems to be more of a decent size if you want to bring along a couple more lenses. But the design of the slingbag is quite interesting. You're happy with your purchase? :)

Papilio said:
You're happy with your purchase? :)
Yes, always happy until need to change right? This will replace my TopLoad bag, used to only carry camera and mid size lens, now I can carry more. Liked the slim and sling design.

../azul123

Well, buy the bag and try it out.
Sometimes, it might take a few bags to find one that suits you. Also, not forgetting different bags for different occasions....

I sold my Safratto 100 for a Crumpler Next Venue. Still shoulder bag, but i find the padding on the shoulder strap of crumpler thicker and lesser strain on my shoulder.

I use my mini-trekker for travelling when i need to go FBO. But i think i'm gonna need a compu-trekker to stuff more clothes....:think:

But then, it's all up to individual....

Happy bag hunting...

HI GUYS,
where is TK photo and can I have the contact no.??
:)

Backpacks are nice to have and very comfortable if you're carrying lots of gear. I have the Lowepro Mini Trekker AW, Nova 3. Nova 2, omni traveller and Tenba F5 Traveller. As I do use film and digital, I normally separate my gears accordingly except when I need to use both in shooting assignments. I seldom use the backpack as it is quite inconvenient unloading and opening specially when you use primes and need to change lenses often. Lately I've been using the Tenba which is a bargain at US$ 47 bought from B&H (NY USA):) :) which can carry my main film cody and 4 prime lenses, a small flash and films. It's very compact and top loading. For my D70 I only carry a 12-24 wide angle and a 24-120 VR plus SB600 flash batteries, CF cards, filters which I use the Lowepro Omni traveller. It's top loading and can be open at the sides also which is quite convenient.

CP has sale for TENBA now. just got a S7 for S$50. can fit 2 bodies, four lenses medium lenses...totally worth the money

LordAeRo said:
Domke bags are nice too, but I'm sad to say most are out of budget (mine being about $150).
Timothy.
there is still the option of the Domke Clones selling around $60
I think at TCW

or buy the Nikon Free Gift Domke Clone bag for even less $$

rafiano said:
CP has sale for TENBA now. just got a S7 for S$50. can fit 2 bodies, four lenses medium lenses...totally worth the money

Backpack or shoulder sling?

Status
Not open for further replies.