Bag recommendations

instinctloh

Nov 25, 2008
Hi,

I juz got myself a sony a330 n wana get a bag for my cam n 1 additional lens.

Any recommendations?

Hopefully can get it today since I'm on leave today

thks.

My suggestion is to get a bigger bag... don't be like me. I got a fitting bag and currently...after getting more lens, I have no choice but to get a bigger bag. Thus, spending more money in the end... :cry:

In a nutshell, bigger bag gives u options to carry the other stuff whereas a fitting bag has its limitation.

I just brought a D90 too.... Got a Crumpler 6 Millon Dollar Home for it... Fit well and secure.... Maybe you wanna drop by any Crumpler store to take a look... :)

many thks for the advise.

Think wont get a big one cos i know that my next item that i will get is a 70-200 lens till a new chapter ... hehe....

Many thanks folks...

Sorry Folks,

Need help again...

After sourcing around and surf the net for some bags, i think i finally know what i need to buy.

Basically i need a nice bag that look like the messenger bag or a document bag that i can just put 1 cam and additional lens out on those unplan days. Dun wana bring out bulky bag with all the accessories inside.

I prefer the flatter type and not those fat and "boxy" types.

Wondering is there such a bag?

Where can i find it?

Thanks.

Billingham hadley pro series :devil:

Link - Look under Global Distributors for SG contacts.

Camera bags are by nature bulky due to all the padding. Trade-off between protection and bulkiness. If you ok with limited protection, any bag will do. Just dump your camera in ;)

If you want protection and aiming at messenger bags type, the best choice is really Crumpler. You can pick their messenger bags and buy their inserts with padding, or just pick a camera bag like the 6 milliion dollar home suggested earlier.

i have the lowepro slingshot 100 - its small - will hold the camera plus 2 lenses max, and has an extra space for other misc stuff - but i love the design, very easy to take camera out quickly. i recommend it.. dunno if the style is wat ur looking for though

Just get a big plastic bag, dump everything in it. Done:thumbsup:

Anyway i have a 7mil dollar home. It's good, not fantastic though due to it's big size.

In a nutshell, bigger bag gives u options to carry the other stuff whereas a fitting bag has its limitation.

what about the days when you only want to bring a camera body and 2 lenses? :dunno:

then leave the big bag half empty?

You can try Domke bags.

Currently what I'm doing is using a normal messenger bag but buying inserts to convert it to a camera bag on days when I want to bring my equipment out with me.

I think you should look around and check out the bags yourself. You got to like what you're using, others' opinions are merely secondary.

You can try Domke bags.

Currently what I'm doing is using a normal messenger bag but buying inserts to convert it to a camera bag on days when I want to bring my equipment out with me.

I think you should look around and check out the bags yourself. You got to like what you're using, others' opinions are merely secondary.

Ya, you can take a look @ Domke bags @ Cathay Photo. I'm currently using a F3x. So far good enough for a 50D with grip + 2 to 3 extra lenses with flash. Of cos with places for other stuffs too.

Happy bag hunting.

If you really want a simple messenger bag, i honestly think crumpler bags are great. They don't really look like a camera bag and you can easily remove the padded inserts to convert the bag into a normal bag.

After the previous IT sale, there are alot of people selling the 5/6 million dollar home when they bought Canon stuff. Less than $100. Quite a good deal if its your first bag.

I use the 6 million dollar home.
:)

There are some nice Safrottos at Camera Workshop, or you can try Ben Photo - I cannot remember what brand they were selling.

I am thinking of getting inserts at the moment, have enough bags already :embrass:

What about bags that can keep tripod? DSLR 3 lenses and accessories ...

i sold my crumpler 7MDH for a kata 3n1-22
shoulder bags take a toll on my shoulder and made it uncomfy for me to carry the bag around all day.
my backpack stores 1 dslr with short lens fixed on, 2 extra lenses, and enough space to store accessories
external option for me to fix a tripod to it on the outer shell.

not too bad for me!

to TS, maybe you can consider a Kata torso series bag, lowepro micro trekker bag or a Tamrac velocity series bag?

A caveat:

Bigger bags would make you carry more than what you actually need.
The more unnecessary equipment with you, the less you focus on trying to make a good picture.

It's okay to own every single camera and lens in the world. It isn't okay to carry all of them.