Bag recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

burningacid

May 24, 2003
Buangkok
Hi, i need recommendation for a bag which can hold 1 x 15" laptop + 1 DSLR with kit lens + some misc small stuffs like cables or maybe a water bottle. I tried Lowepro but seems like the only one for laptops + camera is the Stealth reporter 550? looks bulky too...

is the Crumpler messenger bags good for such usage or the dividers in it and protection for the camera would not be better than the million dollars series?

thanks in advance!

the camera bag is a very personal choice

there are lots of bags out there
maybe you can surf and list down what you are interested in

i only no if u wan laptop and camera together the onli bag i tink of is brazilian bag but tat veri big haha xpensive also haha

it is very personal choice as ortage mentioned..diff gears, diff usage etc.. and is up to the user liking too...

some pple like it bulky look pro to some..and whose want hip go for colourful slim type ...

u can take a look of kata below...
http://www.kata-bags.com/product.asp?p_Id=440&Version=Photo

It all boil down to your specific needs for present and future, backpack or sling bag.

I got myself a LowerPro CompuTrekker Plus during my last trip to New Zealand and it is almost as huge as my laggage. But of course it also have the capacity beyond only storing cameras.

I 'dump' my 450D kit + 1 10-22mm + 1 50mm + 70-300mm + lens hood, cleaning kit, filters + 1 prosumer Nikon + 2 point n shoot + 1 Canon video camera & tapes and all needed charger and electronic accessories. In short, I virtually emptied my 70L dry box plus more.

I even stuff some clothing during my return leg. :)

I would suggest you take a visit to Cathay Penisular to take a look as there is many model from LowerPro that can pack notebook along to suite different requirement.

hmm.. specifically, actually i only need to put 15" laptop + Nikon D40 with kit lens. Prefer something that can hold these 2 primarily and also hold the charging cables for laptop and camera.. Other than that, actually brand and model not too impt as long as the bag itself is not really heavier on its own. The bag must also be one that i can bring on the plane as hand carried luggage as well. And i don't really want a backpack because i can't access to both laptop and camera as convienently as a shoulder bag.. so choices limited to Crumpler bags or the Stealth reporter from Lowepro.

As mentioned in first post, just wondering if anybody is using the Crumpler messenger bag and whether if the protection would be enough for the camera + laptop?

Has anyone used CompuRover AW from lowepro? Any comments?

crumpler messenger bag dont the cushion at all so i dont tink it suit
onli the million dollar edition and brazilian and some other have
but million dollar cant put laptop onli camera

I got the Lowepro FastPack250 from MS Color $89. Fit my Notebook, DSLR, kit lens, 18-200, 50mm.still have 3 more slots empty so I stuff chargers & cables and clean kit and even a clean towel. Top compartment sufficient for personal stuff. A bit bulky but bearable.

im using a national geographic medium shoulder bag. not sure whether can fit your 15". if not you can always go for the large shoulder bag.

im using a national geographic medium shoulder bag. not sure whether can fit your 15". if not you can always go for the large shoulder bag.

that seems to be a good option! have to check it out... thanks! but i rem the price for National Geographic bags are not that cheap..

Last edited:
What you can try is to get a Crumpler messenger bag which can hold your laptop, then go to Orient Photo and buy the orange colored padded insert ($25) and put it in your Crumpler.

I've done this for my Crumpler Dreadful Embarassment bag, and love it ;)

The insert also helps me organize my bag better...

I bought mine at around 130 from Cathay Penisular. They have quite a selection there so u may want to go look look see see first.

looks interesting.. what is the model of this bag?
targusvf9.jpg

lots of padding and cushioning if ever you need to carry a whole load up while trekking up a hill or traversing through forests. I was planning on getting the lowepro trekker but who would have guessed this bag could do the job of transporting my gear just as good as well as more comfortably.

What you can try is to get a Crumpler messenger bag which can hold your laptop, then go to Orient Photo and buy the orange colored padded insert ($25) and put it in your Crumpler.

I've done this for my Crumpler Dreadful Embarassment bag, and love it ;)

The insert also helps me organize my bag better...

Hmm, this is also a good idea.... thanks!

sori to hijack..hehehe
looking for a bag too..namely to fit in a dslr, 17-40L and 70-200L F4...plus option to fix on a tripod on the bag...

would be cool if theres space for my 14inch lappie and work stuffs and maybe a tshirt...heh...

any out recommendations out there...the Lowepro Rover looks appealing....

crumpler messenger bag dont the cushion at all so i dont tink it suit
onli the million dollar edition and brazilian and some other have
but million dollar cant put laptop onli camera

The larger million dollar series can put a small laptop. The brazillion dollar one can fit up to a 17" one.

The larger million dollar series can put a small laptop. The brazillion dollar one can fit up to a 17" one.

my 7million dollar cant fit a 14" laptop
mine is the old model now they come out newer 7 million dollar which is even small i tink
but it not adviceable to put laptop in million dollar coz they dont have pouch specially for laptop they onli have insert

my 7million dollar cant fit a 14" laptop
mine is the old model now they come out newer 7 million dollar which is even small i tink
but it not adviceable to put laptop in million dollar coz they dont have pouch specially for laptop they onli have insert

I own both but sold the older model. The newer one seems to be roughly around the same size as the older one but is better built and more sturdy to carry by the handle due to 2 clips at the corners instead of 1 at the centre.

It does fit my 14.1" laptop and just have to rearrange the inserts. If u're still not too comfortable with it, get the brazillion dollar home but cost a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.