Bag or Tripod?

acbidua

Apr 18, 2012
Guys which one is better to be first? Will it be bag? Or a Tripod first?

bag.

tripod you will use when needed, but bag is not.

not so hard to figure out right?

btw, you need to set a side a budget for dry cabinet, don't wait it is too late to get one.

I would recommend you get this as soon as possible, others can always wait, cos your camera will spend most of the time inside the dry cabinet.

Of cos bag.

Unless you want to sling around the camera whole day while carrying the tripod. Or like what above says. :)

unless you're serious about Landscape Photography, get the bag first. you can start with portraits and street photography

but if you're gonna start out with Landscape Photography, and you know you're gonna take lots of landscape images, then get the tripod first. you can always put the camera in any bag you have, if all you have is DSLR and kit lens.

Neither. If all you want to do is to sling your dSLR on your neck or shoulder.

It's hard to advise. If u need to shoot fireworks or stuff that need stabilization, u definitely need a tripod. And if u need to carry your camera outdoors, u need a bag.

If u need both and have a budget then just adjust accordingly. I will suggest spending less on a bag and putting the bucks on a good tripod which is lightweight.

haha, cam can 24 hour mount onto the tripod, just open up the tripod and let it sat on the floor, air con 24 hours. that solve your storing of your cam liao.

My take, a tripod first.

Wrap a towel around your camera and place it in any of your backpack with nothing else but your camera in the compartment. Or you can just sling it around your neck using the camera strap and be careful when you walk about. To me a camera bag is more of a luxury and not a need. But compared to a tripod, your shots will be limited to handheld shots only thus limiting your usage of the DSLR features. Wanna maximize your cam, you will need a tripod.

Real solution is to get:

more money

That way, you can have both.

sjackal said:
Real solution is to get:

more money

That way, you can have both.

Actually that's pretty true. A good week working at Macdonald's can probably pay for a respectable camera bag and tripod.

Actually that's pretty true. A good week working at Macdonald's can probably pay for a respectable camera bag and tripod.

Not apply to foreigner, how i wish i can work on weekend in McD =D, 1 Month(4 weekend's) enough for me to get a decent bag,tripod and Dry Cabi

m32t8103 said:
Not apply to foreigner, how i wish i can work on weekend in McD =D, 1 Month(4 weekend's) enough for me to get a decent bag,tripod and Dry Cabi

Do u know how much McD is paying for part time per hour?

acbidua said:
Guys which one is better to be first? Will it be bag? Or a Tripod first?

What else do u need to buy, so that we can shortlist all for u?

What else do u need to buy, so that we can shortlist all for u?
Go to your nearest McDonald outlet to find from the Restaurant Manager......

Q: How much is a Service Crew paid?
A: The starting rate varies with each restaurant. The Restaurant Manager of each store would be able to provide information on the appropriate starting rate based on the number of hours the applicant plans to work and his or her availability.
taken from Welcome | McDonald's Singapore

I don't think a bag is all that important esp when compared to a tripod.

When a camera is purchased, it usually comes together with a small sling bag, just use it.
If don't have, just keep inside any ordinary bag as suggested by iamodd.
Last time I started with my haversack and find no problem.

If got no dry cabinet, thats the first thing to invest in.

Actually also hard to advise whether tripod, flash, bag, filters, which ones to get first. You should always deal with the immediate needs or priorities as you go along. No fixed rules, because that's your money and your needs and wants.

A camera bag can be pretty cheap if you have very few items and don't mind the "freebie" ones given out at every PC show when ppl buy cameras.
They always pop up in BnS here.

If you just have a camera and lens, maybe you don't even need a bag (ie. just sling it) or you can make do with a normal bag.

So in the end, it depends on you budget, requirement and what you intend to carry and shoot.

I all cases, you'd certainly need some sort of dry cab though :)