Bag for my camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenneth83

Aug 30, 2007
I recently got the D60 and now with my FYP finally over, I cant wait to go out and start learning how to use it. As with the bundle I got a lowepro bag and its good stuff. Enough space to put my 2nd lens and SB600 and spare batteries and so on.

But I was wondering if there is also such a bag thats small enough just for the body with one lens attached. Reason is that for those trips where I have to do alot of walking, I would rather have a haversack compared to my lowepro bag.

I know there are lots of camera haversacks out there but I already have lots of those good ones from dueter and so on at home. So if there is a small bag for just my camera to sort of like protect it than I can put it into my dueter bag.

Same concept like those laptop covers and than I can put my laptop into my normal crumpler or dueter bag.

Hope I am making sense here. Thanks in advance :)

*Going for some tree top trail walk near harbour front and a haversack would be lots better compared to a sling bag.*

Hi there,

You can try buying topload bags which fits, a lens mounted on the camera.
I have Topload 70AW, pretty good for outdoors, but i tried using it while cycling
at Ubin, quite a hassle, because you don't know where to sling it, unless you make the
strip real short, and sling it across on the back, else it will be catching mud from
the wheels.haha..

http://products.lowepro.com/catalog/Toploading,8.htm

something along this link type of camera bags.
:)

thanks, will go take a look at them when I have the time. Hopefully they wun cost too much since i already broke the bank :)

actually having a few bags for differenty occasion is good, i have small one original from canon for small gathering, sling medium size from crumpler for semi formal occasion, and a big one for outdoor from lowepro

hi there, if budget is an issue, u can consider bagman bags as well. i own a d60 as well, and do share the same sentiments as u. so when i find it a hassle to bring the bigger lowepro bag out, i'll be using the bagman one as a substitute. it's able to fit a d60 with a 18-50mm lens nicely.

if u need a picture of it for reference, u can go to http://www.bagmangear.com/shopping/digital/camera/product/8?PHPSESSID=3d5f2bc8d7c40c1e7a1578a06f65a589 to check it out.

cheers. :)

Here's a really useful site for you to help decide:

http://www.cambags.com

I also use different bags depending on the occasion. I've got a small Lowepro one that holds my DSLR + one lens, a backpack that can hold DSLR + 3 lenses + book + flash, and a large sling bag that can hold DSLR + 5 lenses + flash + laptop. :)

i think you are probably looking for something like this:

link

can consider buying inserts also.

u can try the Tarmac Holster series...

Hi there, I'm not sure about protector covers (like those for laptops), but I'm using a Fastpack and it's been great. The thing I like most about it is that it has a compartment for my camera etc, and a separate compartment for my own stuff. Might want to consider that.

http://products.lowepro.com/product/Fastpack-100,2084,14.htm

Alternatively, you can go old school and wrap the camera in a thick towel before dumping it into whatever backpack you are carrying for the day. I did that till I decided to go ahead with the backpack ;) Hope this helps.

John 3:16 sells one of those camera bags that just fit the camera with one lens quite cheap. It's got a topload design and I think it only retails for around $30. It should be called i-case or something like that.

John 3:16 sells one of those camera bags that just fit the camera with one lens quite cheap. It's got a topload design and I think it only retails for around $30. It should be called i-case or something like that.

$30 is good for my budget... thanks for the info :)

you can get the i-case for single camera and lens for less than $9 at mustafa.

Status
Not open for further replies.