Badminton-related question

Status
Not open for further replies.

erwinx

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
I find shuttlecocks a high recurring cost. Currently using Yonex AS-30.. $25 for a tube. Anywhere else cheaper or are there cheaper brands/models that are the same standard as these?

Am at beginner level at the moment. For racquet, using Carbonex 10 SP which I like very very much.

Yep i find that quite expensive for shuttlecocks tho... :(

erwinx said:
I find shuttlecocks a high recurring cost. Currently using Yonex AS-30.. $25 for a tube. Anywhere else cheaper or are there cheaper brands/models that are the same standard as these?

Am at beginner level at the moment. For racquet, using Carbonex 10 SP which I like very very much.

When I was a student, I find $25 for a tube of shuttlecocks very very ex. Now I find it affordable.

U can get the lower grade which can cost under $20. Nowadays not many co make shuttlecocks.

Dont see Aeroplane, Garuda or even the All England shuttle.

If I ever take up badminton again I take the Carb 7

I'm using Carbonex 8 SP, fav racket...can't find them around anymore sigh.

On an impulse, bought 1/2 a dozen ($2) of those cheapo china-made shuttlecocks (Pioneer) the other day. Biggest mistake ever made. Those things can't fly to save their lives.

erwinx said:

share the cost amoung your team lor. My regular sessions just stop,.. sigh.. has been busy these days until no badminton no photography :(

btw, I'm also using AS-30 S$25 - S$26. Have 2 rackets, one calton air blade CTS Titanum 1 year old, one Aerone wide body more than 10 years old. ;p

used carbonex 7, 8sp, 21, carlton and now pro ace titanium.
in 90s, carbonex was good. but now i using pro ace Ti Dreams rackets.
and also pro ace shuttlecocks too.

Hmm.... Anyone into plastic shuttlecock? I have a tube here. Doesn't fly well, smashes no kick, but it still flies.... :bsmilie:

you can look around Bras Brasah Complex 2nd floor, there is a sports shop which sells high quality shuttles or 2nd floor of queensway shopping(shop located in the 2nd tier of the 3 round abouts. My own preference is Ashaway black series, damn lasting (provided you are not the bobo kind and hit the wrong sides of the shuttle) and fast. Else you can try Pro Ace, leave Yonex alone coz their era are long long gone :bsmilie:

thanks for the advice guys. was hoping if anyone had lobang for mass order price for shuttles :)

erwinx said:

With the technology I can't see why we can't make artificial shuttlecocks like the real ones? Plastic shuttlecocks are like plastic flowers. But look at the new fabric flowers which could fool insects.

For anyone who invests in a new artificial shuttercocks will make millions out of them as there are not enough ducks to pluck feathers. Now if you introduce tiny radio-controlled devices in those artificial shuttercocks to direct them where to land, you'll be the next billionaire and Singapore team will beat The best of Denmark, China and Indonesia.

:sweatsm:

Sion said:
With the technology I can't see why we can't make artificial shuttlecocks like the real ones? Plastic shuttlecocks are like plastic flowers. But look at the new fabric flowers which could fool insects.

For anyone who invests in a new artificial shuttercocks will make millions out of them as there are not enough ducks to pluck feathers. Now if you introduce tiny radio-controlled devices in those artificial shuttercocks to direct them where to land, you'll be the next billionaire and Singapore team will beat The best of Denmark, China and Indonesia.

:sweatsm:
You are a real cheat :)

HS

my group using Protex (Green Tube)....pretty good...price is about SGD22-24....

me using Carbonex 15...pretty good...but backside itchy....looking for new racket...heh.....

Haha, guess upgrade bug bites regardless of what we do.

I'm also using a carbonex 8SP, thinking of changing new racket as the frame seems to be a bit warped (been in cold storage for 9 years). Anyone has any recommendations for something similar to the 8SP? Thanks

heh...my 15 was a lil bent cos like urs was under cold storage, and dunno who (maybe me) stacked something on it! heh.........

how abt 21SP? think SportsLink having some Yonex sales...going for SGD80...dunno cheap or not....

kenshinz said:
Haha, guess upgrade bug bites regardless of what we do.

I'm also using a carbonex 8SP, thinking of changing new racket as the frame seems to be a bit warped (been in cold storage for 9 years). Anyone has any recommendations for something similar to the 8SP? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.