Badminton players, need help on racket!

Status
Not open for further replies.

+evenstar

After using my Carbonex 8 SP for around 4 years, I've decided to relegate it as my backup racket and get myself a Armortec. Before that, I would like to gather feedback about the Armortec 500, 700 and 800 (Offensive/Defensive). I usually play doubles and position at the rear, occasionally going up to the net to return shots.

In terms of power, accuracy and agility, which racket would you guys recommend, and the prices (and where to get) too?

These 3 rackets are highly rated so I guess a tension of 25 won't harm the head?

TIA:)

Do you know of any place to get prices of rackets? I too play badminton...here in the Netherlands..

I was planning to get myself a nice racket in Singapore (at my upcoming trip)...I don't know what prices to expect though....

Any online stores to get an impression?

I was particulary interested in a nanospeed or babolat...what type I dunno yet....

Hope you guys can help me out...

DikkieD...

go for the train up instead , get the wood frame badminton racket , 1 smack , no 1 can catch , hahahahahaha

Do the shops below Peninsula Hotel sell rackets? I know they have guitars and tennis rackets there... :dunno:

more of them mainly shop at queensway shopping centre. peninsula has only but a few.

Armotec series is rather heavy but has strong smacking power.
I got myself a nanospeed 8000, cos it is very light but yet also has very strong smacking power.
Dun buy the racket which has already been strung.Buy the racket frame and tell the uncle to string on the spot with your desire tension.

There is one badminton shop on the second storey in Queensway shopping centre.It is called chao beng.The uncle is honest and friendly.Somemore his price is good

Another store which I have heard from my badminton friends is a store in bras basah complex.Not sure whether it is in the 1st storey or the basement.

+evenstar said:
After using my Carbonex 8 SP for around 4 years, I've decided to relegate it as my backup racket and get myself a Armortec. Before that, I would like to gather feedback about the Armortec 500, 700 and 800 (Offensive/Defensive). I usually play doubles and position at the rear, occasionally going up to the net to return shots.

In terms of power, accuracy and agility, which racket would you guys recommend, and the prices (and where to get) too?

These 3 rackets are highly rated so I guess a tension of 25 won't harm the head?

TIA:)
I intend to strung mine to about 23 or 24 with titanium strings.
CAUTION:If your racket tension is too high, the frame may break easily after a knock or any siginificant impact.IMHO, I think 25 is rather too high for us, non national player.

Henessy said:
There is one badminton shop on the second storey in Queensway shopping centre.It is called chao beng.The uncle is honest and friendly.Somemore his price is good

Another store which I have heard from my badminton friends is a store in bras basah complex.Not sure whether it is in the 1st storey or the basement.
there's this shop that sells music CDs and badminton rackets...is it that one?

Hi DikkieD, a advance welcome to u Singapore on ur coming trip! U can find alot of rackets in Queensway Shopping Centre. Lots of sport wear and you can even re-string ur new racket there.

Most Singapore shopping centres departmental stores sells sports wear and rackets as well. You might want to look at the price before heading to Queensway.

Henessy said:
CAUTION:If your racket tension is too high, the frame may break easily after a knock or any siginificant impact.IMHO, I think 25 is rather too high for us, non national player.
strongly agree..!! in ur options of armotec 500, 700, 800...maybe i would say 700

Henessy said:
Personally lived in the era of proace and hart rackets .. thus cant comment more on Armortec ...

Would agree on the caution portion ... but do see that 24 is pretty sufficient for slicing drop shots and netting ...

Higher tension like 25 would allow significant control and response from shots ... but no doubt u'll need more strength to propell the shuttle ...

On top of above .. mono lines and fibre does react differently to tensions .. where mono lines being more static may feel like a 25 fibre while tied at 23 only ..

Cheers

SoToNgMaN said:
Personally lived in the era of proace and hart rackets .. thus cant comment more on Armortec ...

Would agree on the caution portion ... but do see that 24 is pretty sufficient for slicing drop shots and netting ...

Higher tension like 25 would allow significant control and response from shots ... but no doubt u'll need more strength to propell the shuttle ...

On top of above .. mono lines and fibre does react differently to tensions .. where mono lines being more static may feel like a 25 fibre while tied at 23 only ..

Cheers
thanks...will keep that in mind..

Status
Not open for further replies.