Badminton players, need help on racket!

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh ..... you should get BG66 string if you need clear, powerful stroke and great control.
Even though some players have to restring after one or two months because the string is broken. It s quite hard for me to play with other than BG66. :)

Racket's brand is not so critical ... the most important is you have to build your own feeling with your racket so that you can perform well on court.

To me, grip and weight of it is racket is very important, must feel good in my hand :)

All the best and have a good stroke then .....

Yup .... after you rest your racket for some time, the tension become loser. That's why even though i have more than one racket, I have to use them all alternately, one match one racket, or depends on my mood to use which racket hehehe otherwise become lose :p

+evenstar said:
i'm restringing my carbonex 8 SP with BG 66...my old string gives me wrist problems

BG66 is the thinnest badminton string Yonex make. If that gives you wrist problems, it will get worse with thicker strings like BG68ti, BG70 etc....

To reduce chances of wrist, elbow & shhoulder injuries, I would suggest you to lower the tension of the strings <22 lbs & use a more flexible racket like MP88 or MP66 (is it still selling?).

Most of the highend Armortec rackets is too stiff & head heavy, not very elbow-friendly IMHO. Nanospeed series are more elbow-friendly cos its more head light.

+evenstar said:
think i'll go for the AT800DF...anyone knows the best shop in the East/Central to get this racket? I've heard that some shops in Bras Brasha sells this...?

may want to try a shop called 10 & 10 trading at bras basah complex....its on the ground floor

Besides the fact I now know of a couple of stores in Spore, I was wondering what current prices are of some of those rackets over there. I read $220 for the Armortec-800-OF.

# Yonex Nanospeed 6000 to 9000, What do these roughly cost over there?

Besides I was wondering also; are badminton rackets cheaper in Malaysia or in Singapore? I am also going to Malaysia, and perhaps the babolats or Yonex rackets are much more cheaper over there? Anybody?

Thanks

DikkieD

Status
Not open for further replies.