Bad taken Firework shoots - Advise Pls.


Status
Not open for further replies.

Yvisg

New Member
Jul 29, 2002
144
0
0
#1
Hi,

1st time taking fireworks shoots, need comments n advises.
I m using a digicam, old model lah. lol
Need more improvement though. :(
Now then upload cos Paiseh to show u all my lousy pics. Dun throw rotten eggs at me hor. hehe
 

icer

New Member
Mar 15, 2004
311
0
0
West
www.icezworld.com
#2
No problem though.

Dun feel paiseh.

But the thing is........







where are the photos? :dunno: :bsmilie:
 

Yvisg

New Member
Jul 29, 2002
144
0
0
#3
lol. hey i got problems uploading leh. I wanted to show e pictures here instead of the link. pls. advise. thanks
 

crackz

New Member
Apr 4, 2004
108
0
0
Eastern Singapore
#5
Yvisg said:
lol. hey i got problems uploading leh. I wanted to show e pictures here instead of the link. pls. advise. thanks
Hi,

I just got advise from Fred. He's one of the moderators of the digital photography section in the MAC forum in Singapore. Below is his advise. :)

1. In order to post a photo, it first has to be hosted on a webhost.
You can use free services like www.photobucket.com.
2. Upload the photo to the webhost (e.g. www.photobucket.com), make
sure the size is correct as some hosts auto resize for you.
3. Check and make sure that the photo id displayed on the webhost.
4. Get the URL to that photo.
5. Post it on MUGS forum using this tag

(e.g. photobucket has a copy/paste feature)
6. You should be able to see the photo when you preview the post on.

Hope it works...
 

Oct 26, 2002
228
0
0
Visit site
#6
use the "insert image" tag.

saw the photos... most of them are in landscape i've noticed. i always start off with potrait mode, to get more coverage, then gauge the height of the bursts within the frame. do not be in a haste to snap away when the firework display starts. always be ready to pan n tilt if necessary, to get better framing n composition.

seems that ur exposure timing is limited by the cam. if there's no preset mode or manual setting, trick the cam into using low shutter speeds by aiming at a dark area (AF might hunt thoh...). u can read some tips on fireworks taking in wednesday's computer times.

shoot again this sunday!
 

Yvisg

New Member
Jul 29, 2002
144
0
0
#7
crackz said:
Hi,

I just got advise from Fred. He's one of the moderators of the digital photography section in the MAC forum in Singapore. Below is his advise. :)

1. In order to post a photo, it first has to be hosted on a webhost.
You can use free services like www.photobucket.com.
2. Upload the photo to the webhost (e.g. www.photobucket.com), make
sure the size is correct as some hosts auto resize for you.
3. Check and make sure that the photo id displayed on the webhost.
4. Get the URL to that photo.
5. Post it on MUGS forum using this tag

(e.g. photobucket has a copy/paste feature)
6. You should be able to see the photo when you preview the post on.

Hope it works...
hi,

i hv done that n uploaded my pics at yahoo website. however, i tried numerous times by clicking the "yellow insert image" button by copying the URL but it keeps showing the link instead of the pic?
 

crackz

New Member
Apr 4, 2004
108
0
0
Eastern Singapore
#9
Yvisg said:
hi,

i hv done that n uploaded my pics at yahoo website. however, i tried numerous times by clicking the "yellow insert image" button by copying the URL but it keeps showing the link instead of the pic?
hello there.

well, i'm new to this also. i don't know why it doesn't work... try to sign up for the photobucket and try uploading only 1 picture to test lah so you don't waste too much time...
 

Yvisg

New Member
Jul 29, 2002
144
0
0
#10
oh issit? yahoo doesnt support ah.

aiya nvm, shall give e link here. dun throw rotten eggs hor. haha lol :embrass:
 

chunger

New Member
Mar 12, 2004
683
0
0
Tampines
#11
Yvisg said:
hi,

i hv done that n uploaded my pics at yahoo website. however, i tried numerous times by clicking the "yellow insert image" button by copying the URL but it keeps showing the link instead of the pic?
Try photobucket... it is better than other coz it let you link and show those picture here.
 

ransoma22

New Member
Mar 31, 2002
1,212
0
0
KTV Lounge Hall
#12
Yvisg said:
oh issit? yahoo doesnt support ah.

aiya nvm, shall give e link here. dun throw rotten eggs hor. haha lol :embrass:














Your links are dead....
It better you create a account in photobucket and link it here..or someting
 

Yvisg

New Member
Jul 29, 2002
144
0
0
#14
alamak. FAINT. ok shall upload to photobucket later. :cry:
 

crackz

New Member
Apr 4, 2004
108
0
0
Eastern Singapore
#15
Yvisg said:
alamak. FAINT. ok shall upload to photobucket later. :cry:
well, now you know... :) I also took some photos of fireworks. its not too well taken also but I haven't had time to upload it yet... took it while I was at an International competition here in Canada. :)
 

Yvisg

New Member
Jul 29, 2002
144
0
0
#18
Ok experts! pls. give comments lol
 

Dec 26, 2003
99
0
0
#20
Hi there, maybe you can state what settings did you use ?

But at 1st glance, I think your ISO settings is too high coz all your pics are rather grainy.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom