Bad Service At KONOTA/ no point of getting high res cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicholas1986

Feb 22, 2002
singapore
Visit site
i was there today (Morning) to sent in my digital pictures for printing. they told me that by evening will be ready. so i rush down only to find them telling me this ' sorry ur file too big' it will take us very long time to render. i was like :dunno: . In the first place they did not check and why did they not call me when they are unable to print.

so it is true to say that there is no point of getting a high MP digital cam if you dont intend to print big or intensive crop? else you will still have to downsize for the shop.

BTW my file size is abt 6-7mb

6-7mb is not too big. It's pretty standard I would say. As for the size you developed (4R or 8R), even then it dosen't matter that much.

Usually I can send a few hundred in and get them within a couple of hours from Grace Digital at Sunset Way.

me sent in abt 70pcs
they say if only 10 or 20 pcs they can help me down size then print but 70 is too much and time consuming

they also say that if you don't print big then no need to sent in big file.... but what i am really pissed is that i came all they way down from pasir ris after work and they tell me this. they should at least call me and i can take my time to collect back my cd

nicholas1986 said:
me sent in abt 70pcs
they say if only 10 or 20 pcs they can help me down size then print but 70 is too much and time consuming

they also say that if you don't print big then no need to sent in big file.... but what i am really pissed is that i came all they way down from pasir ris after work and they tell me this. they should at least call me and i can take my time to collect back my cd

Irresponsible + lack of experience... from the shop. They thought you want print 4R and take for granted you know what size to crop/resize? Yea should call and inform.. basic attitude. Where's this shop? Charge very cheap?

You also la.. next time not printing big don't send big big la haha :bsmilie:

6-7MB, jpg? It's a bit big. :sweat:

Not the 1st time someone complained about konota.
U can have better service elsewhere.

well at least they should call ... or maybe print for me and tell me not to sent so big file next time

Care to let us know what paper size are you ordering? Did you send you file in tiff format or what? Is the image file crop to the paper size ratio?

file is crop to the paper size.... just gave them what came out from my camera. no cropping was done (thus size should be similar to a 4r). me print 4R in jpeg

nicholas1986 said:
file is crop to the paper size.... just gave them what came out from my camera. no cropping was done (thus size should be similar to a 4r). me print 4R in jpeg

:dunno: what came out of your camera is 4R??

anyway, my experience with them is I sent in about 100 files for printing. each is sized appropriately for 4R print. konota actually called me to enquire whether to create a border (i actually made 1 for all the prints) the next day around noon time prior to printing. i collected the prints 4 hours later.

I've ever sent 30MB TIFFs for printing at BM, but I don't see them KPKB... weird :dunno:

Even KT accepts my 10MB JPEGs without complaining...:dunno:

colour lab is good...can try..nick..just a block away loh...

nicholas1986 said:
me sent in abt 70pcs

Bull ..... tell then you want the resolution and detail the big file can print, if you strink down the size and lost the detail, why should you print?

It was good one time ...... that was once ......

sorry, made a mistake nd need to edit. my apologies to all. please ignore.

to avoid any ambiguity, your best bet next time is to resize to the apropriate print size first.

I have sent in hundreds to development shops. But most shops prefer images less then 2mb. Anything more then that, it takes time for them to read download, etc. In the case of Konota, maybe they felt your amt's just a "small fry". No offence meant. Just personal experience when I started out with them. Instead of passing them my 400+ pcs development work per month to them nowadays, I switch to Kim Tian (KT) instead. They treat me much better.

agreed. KT is my favourite. U may try out there as well.. 70 pieces ?? during normal weekday...they should be able to get u done within the same day..if not much colour adjustment is required. They are friendly ladies compared to konota eventhough u are just "small fry".

I would say a 6-7MB file to print on 4R is a bit of an overkill. Too much details on the files which you won't be able to notice. My file for a 4R photo is about 1-2MB and the effect is comparable, if not better than film.

6-7MB only?

Mine one is oso around there. Sometimes if I nit fast and cheap service goto Konica Photo Lab to do it. The paper not say very good but can do.

They oso never kao peh.

Status
Not open for further replies.