Bad pixels

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chanyy

http://www.pbase.com/image/6716481

What if the digital camera has hot pixels?

This was taken in total darkness, in a closed cupboard using timer.

Two hot pixels, one red and one blue.

Lucky in sides of the picture.

But do they service for you? I just bought this camera 2 weeks ago... a 4.0MP camera

How do you check for dead pixels?

all DCs have hot pixels. and the pic u tested it with was a 1s shot.
1 or 2 is normal, zero at 1s is good. more at >1s is normal. hot pixels are not considered a defect.

ok, thanks... am new to digital cameras...

actually all along not interested in digital cameras until i accompanied a friend to buy his S30.

Then i remembered a sunrise shot during a trip to Korea... woke up at 5:30am... jogged down to the river...

sunrise colours were magnificent... blazing oranges, the sun a flaming ball of yellow... captured 2 shots on my Olympus Superzoom 140S.... came back the developed photos were so disappointing... sky was a measly pale sickly white... can't see the sun.... if only had a digital camera then.... wasted...

Originally posted by chanyy
captured 2 shots on my Olympus Superzoom 140S.... came back the developed photos were so disappointing... sky was a measly pale sickly white... can't see the sun.... if only had a digital camera then.... wasted...
Well, the rules of photography remain the same regardless of whether you're using digital or film, so mastery of exposure and composition is still essential. Of course, it's much easier to learn (and to spot mistakes) with the "instant feedback" of digital cameras, but do note that what you see on the camera LCD screen is also often not quite what you get when you get home and download your photos to your computer.

But don't let that discourage you. :D All the best with your camera, and remember to have fun too... photography's not just about getting the perfect shot, but also about the whole experience of getting that shot...

Originally posted by Midnight
photography's not just about getting the perfect shot, but also about the whole experience of getting that shot...

yes, agree with you. Getting there is all the fun... The photo is only a momento that you've been there...

Status
Not open for further replies.