Bad photo taking experience anyone?


Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr|ever

New Member
Nov 3, 2002
196
0
0
Visit site
#1
Have you ever had any bad experience when taking photos? Kena scolded by the subject when taking street photography? Animals mistaken your camera as food when taking animal pictures? Tell us all about it! This should be inetresting. :D
 

Oct 16, 2002
169
0
16
East
Visit site
#2
I once tried taking some pics in Ngee Ann City (public area). Security guard said no-no but he was quite nice telling me about it.

So got to take secretly after that :)
 

hazardman

New Member
Aug 10, 2002
288
0
0
35
Eunos
Visit site
#3
my 1st roll was a goner as i travelled a whole estate bout 4 busstops for 2-3 hrs... in e end i rewinded realised my film lead din go in at all... :confused: i had to reshoot..
there's once when i saw this v cute boy boy.. n i took a few snaps with him on his mum's back. The auntie turned back an snapped at me saying "u taking pics of me?!?"
:embrass:
in e end she gave me address to post pics to her
 

mervlam

Senior Member
Apr 26, 2002
2,279
0
0
Visit site
#4
Originally posted by hazardman
my 1st roll was a goner as i travelled a whole estate bout 4 busstops for 2-3 hrs... in e end i rewinded realised my film lead din go in at all... :confused: i had to reshoot..
there's once when i saw this v cute boy boy.. n i took a few snaps with him on his mum's back. The auntie turned back an snapped at me saying "u taking pics of me?!?"
:embrass:
in e end she gave me address to post pics to her
u using manual SLR?
 

Oct 26, 2002
228
0
0
Visit site
#5
was at Dreamz FM mini concert at downtown east 1 or 2 yrs ago. was shooting from my seat then. during the finale the fans like going mad then everyone squeezed to the front. i had to fend off their swinging arms while shooting at the same time...

thats not the worst part... i was hit on the head by a flying light stick from no where :confused: :( ... but nvm, i gave the light stick to a little girl beside me.
 

#6
When is a sniper NOT a sniper? When he's discovered!

Was shooting in the interiors of the Esplanade rather secretly (saw the NO PHOTOGRAPHY signage) but still continued... security guards came along, spied me and asked that I stop taking pictures if not he would have to demand the film from me.

:D
 

hazardman

New Member
Aug 10, 2002
288
0
0
35
Eunos
Visit site
#7
Originally posted by SniperD
When is a sniper NOT a sniper? When he's discovered!

Was shooting in the interiors of the Esplanade rather secretly (saw the NO PHOTOGRAPHY signage) but still continued... security guards came along, spied me and asked that I stop taking pictures if not he would have to demand the film from me.

:D
esplanade interior can't take photos?


Mervlam : yes i'm using FM2. But also got a couple Eos systems.
 

Mr Fish

New Member
Nov 13, 2002
253
0
0
36
Serangoon
mrfish.clubsnap.org
#8
Hmmm, for street photography, do you guys actually go and ask the subject for permission? Or if u need him/her to pose in a specific way, then how?

Got a few times i wanted to ask but scared kena rejected. Then if i dun, the subject might discover me and siam. Especially for girls. Bleah. They'll think i'm some pervert. So i end up letting the opportunity go down the drain. Hai...
 

Silverelf

New Member
Dec 19, 2002
258
0
0
39
Near Equator
Visit site
#9
Always wondered why you couldn't take photos inside Esplanade.. ar first I thought the exhibition there was the reason.... anyway I was at the Esplanade opening festivities. And I wanted to try my new filter on the super orange lights... didn't see any sign that said no photography and everyone else was snapping and videocamming so I thought it was ok.. until this lady tapped me and said "sorry no photos". Still don't understand why since it's a free performance? Can anyone enlighten me on rules of these kind of performances or are these just their rules?
 

Gr|ever

New Member
Nov 3, 2002
196
0
0
Visit site
#10
Originally posted by hazardman
The auntie turned back an snapped at me saying "u taking pics of me?!?"
:embrass:
in e end she gave me address to post pics to her
Hmm... an effective way to pick up girls you find on the streets. ;)
 

mervlam

Senior Member
Apr 26, 2002
2,279
0
0
Visit site
#11
taking photos of a celebrity with an out-of-control crowd around you, despite the security. sheesh.
 

Silverelf

New Member
Dec 19, 2002
258
0
0
39
Near Equator
Visit site
#12
How about composing a picture.. then just when you are taking it.. someone decides to leave his memories on your shot?? you know like walk in the frame and hang around......
 

Gr|ever

New Member
Nov 3, 2002
196
0
0
Visit site
#13
Originally posted by Silverelf
How about composing a picture.. then just when you are taking it.. someone decides to leave his memories on your shot?? you know like walk in the frame and hang around......
Hahaha... Damn funny, the way you put it! :bsmilie:

C'mon, I'm sure there's more... Keep it coming.
 

roygoh

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
5,011
0
0
Northwest
Visit site
#14
Let me tell you guys my story that happened many years ago.

A friend asked me to be his wedding photographer for the dinner reception. On that evening, he told me to control the number of shots, and only shoot when he asked me to. Since he was the "client" and that was his request, I tried my best to oblige.

Being quite experienced in wedding photo already back then, I tried to restrict my shots to the scenes which I think are absolutely the most important ones. My estimation was that I was taking at about 1/5 the rate that I would do normally. Even so, he seem quite worried that I will take too many shots and occassionally would turn to me and make the "cool/calm down" hand signal to ask me to slow down.

The worst part came when the couple and the family went around the tables for the yum sengs. I had to follow him around with my camera, and only take a picture when he signalled to me.

Since there are many other friends at that wedding dinner, alot of them noticed me acting like a "dummy" or "decorative" photographer who walked around the wedding banquet not taking any pictures.

I felt like such a clown.

At the end of the wedding, he asked for the film so that he can develop the photos himself. So I handed him the 3 rolls of film that I managed to expire, and he handed me a red packet as a token of appreciation. I opened the red packet when I got home, and there was S$2.00 inside. Yes, I did not make a mistake on the decimal point.

Till this day I have not seen the wedding photos I have taken that evening, nor have I kept in contact with this firend.

Thinking back after so many years, I still can't help feeing humiliated and insulted by the incident. I am sure my friend had his reasons for wanting to limit the number of photos taken during his wedding banquet, and it could have been an innocent mistake about the 2-dollar red packet. Furthermore, I have never expected payment when I take wedding photos for friends. However, the experience was just so unpleasant that I remembered it until this day.
 

Sep 8, 2002
258
0
0
#16
Sorry to hear that your this friend took you for granted, roygoh. :cry:

I have my share of people like that too, not photography related though but mainly through business partnership.
 

Silverelf

New Member
Dec 19, 2002
258
0
0
39
Near Equator
Visit site
#17
I think it's the part about the friend restricting his photography so much that is so sad... In the end he is just a shutterfinger... :(
 

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
#19
Originally posted by roygoh
Let me tell you guys my story that happened many years ago.

A friend asked me to be his wedding photographer for the dinner reception. On that evening, he told me to control the number of shots, and only shoot when he asked me to. Since he was the "client" and that was his request, I tried my best to oblige.

Being quite experienced in wedding photo already back then, I tried to restrict my shots to the scenes which I think are absolutely the most important ones. My estimation was that I was taking at about 1/5 the rate that I would do normally. Even so, he seem quite worried that I will take too many shots and occassionally would turn to me and make the "cool/calm down" hand signal to ask me to slow down.

The worst part came when the couple and the family went around the tables for the yum sengs. I had to follow him around with my camera, and only take a picture when he signalled to me.

Since there are many other friends at that wedding dinner, alot of them noticed me acting like a "dummy" or "decorative" photographer who walked around the wedding banquet not taking any pictures.

I felt like such a clown.

At the end of the wedding, he asked for the film so that he can develop the photos himself. So I handed him the 3 rolls of film that I managed to expire, and he handed me a red packet as a token of appreciation. I opened the red packet when I got home, and there was S$2.00 inside. Yes, I did not make a mistake on the decimal point.

Till this day I have not seen the wedding photos I have taken that evening, nor have I kept in contact with this firend.

Thinking back after so many years, I still can't help feeing humiliated and insulted by the incident. I am sure my friend had his reasons for wanting to limit the number of photos taken during his wedding banquet, and it could have been an innocent mistake about the 2-dollar red packet. Furthermore, I have never expected payment when I take wedding photos for friends. However, the experience was just so unpleasant that I remembered it until this day.
Hate to remind you of the incident; you win man! :cool:
 

digi~ET

New Member
Dec 2, 2002
590
0
0
SG
www.digiet.net
#20
Originally posted by roygoh
Let me tell you guys my story that happened many years ago.

A friend asked me to be his wedding photographer for the dinner reception. On that evening, he told me to control the number of shots, and only shoot when he asked me to. Since he was the "client" and that was his request, I tried my best to oblige.

Being quite experienced in wedding photo already back then, I tried to restrict my shots to the scenes which I think are absolutely the most important ones. My estimation was that I was taking at about 1/5 the rate that I would do normally. Even so, he seem quite worried that I will take too many shots and occassionally would turn to me and make the "cool/calm down" hand signal to ask me to slow down.

The worst part came when the couple and the family went around the tables for the yum sengs. I had to follow him around with my camera, and only take a picture when he signalled to me.

Since there are many other friends at that wedding dinner, alot of them noticed me acting like a "dummy" or "decorative" photographer who walked around the wedding banquet not taking any pictures.

I felt like such a clown.

At the end of the wedding, he asked for the film so that he can develop the photos himself. So I handed him the 3 rolls of film that I managed to expire, and he handed me a red packet as a token of appreciation. I opened the red packet when I got home, and there was S$2.00 inside. Yes, I did not make a mistake on the decimal point.

Till this day I have not seen the wedding photos I have taken that evening, nor have I kept in contact with this firend.

Thinking back after so many years, I still can't help feeing humiliated and insulted by the incident. I am sure my friend had his reasons for wanting to limit the number of photos taken during his wedding banquet, and it could have been an innocent mistake about the 2-dollar red packet. Furthermore, I have never expected payment when I take wedding photos for friends. However, the experience was just so unpleasant that I remembered it until this day.
wat.......i think the $2 red packet is really an insult man~~~~~
dun give is better ~~ but wonder why ur friend so worried that u took too many.......tot this kind of occassion is the more the merrier?
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom