Bad news! Nikon Thailand plant start lay off

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChinaDiamond

Sep 29, 2008
Bukit Batok West
Bad news today :cry::cry:to know that Nikon Thailand plant start lay off, around 1600 workers lose their job due to the fact that ordering is reducing. I hope Nikon Singapore will able to go through the tough time now:cheers:

Bad news today :cry::cry:to know that Nikon Thailand plant start lay off, around 1600 workers lose their job due to the fact that ordering is reducing. I hope Nikon Singapore will able to go through the tough time now:cheers:

It's 2600.

Edit: Ok, my bad. Channel 8, 10pm news said 2600.
But Straits Times seems to mention 1500 instead. :dunno:

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/SE+Asia/Story/STIStory_305497.html

Well, whatever the number, retrenchment is never good news.

Last edited:
i just waiting for them to further reduce their prices.

Hope it turns out fine...

times r bad. bangkok post reported 1500 retrenched in nikon,th due to reduced orders from usa, japan and canada.

in other reports, GM, Thailand will b closed for 2 mths. so r many other co.

this usa triggered finiancial crisis is > 1 yr since Bear Stearns ran into troubles in aug 2007. it is a repeat of the asian finiancial crisis started by thailand in july 1997. hopefully, it will end in about the same period of abt 2yrs like the asian one.

the measures implemented or argued r also the same ones that asian countries had gone through.

the silver lining in this crisis will b an opportunity for some - or only those with cash - buy now like oei hong leong in mid sep 08 and made usd7M in a wk and he donated all to lky school of public policy.

want to try your luck in GM stocks - now at 65yr low and citigroup now at 15yr low? GM is even feared to b non-existent in the next few wk but do u think bush n obama will let it have euthanasia or inject more life sustaining funds? dont gamble but can bet. go in with your eyes wide open plus ear pricked, nose sniffing n feet must b v nimble.

Status
Not open for further replies.