Bad Experience with Paid Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
People like that generally don't care since to them modelling is a play play (and err...other methods) way to get easy and extra cash. It's not their ricebowl.

Their entire being revolves around themselves, their handphones and digicams, being popular, blogging, MSNing and hanging out.

I'll take a bet the friend who first advertised Naomi's services as well as Naomi herself pretty much couldn't give a danged about what you all are saying here right now; she's out with her friends chioing, shopping, clubbing and whatever else.

The only way people like that would care is when they are stripped of what is important to them.

There have already been several cases of CSers having very bad experiences with all sorts of youngsters in the past, from helping out students to freelancers to models to model 'agencies' and so on.

It's best to just save ourselves the grief and avoid dealing with kids, no matter how cheap they are, or how alluring they look. They know that, and prey on us.

it sounds like she's got lolita complex too...take this as 2 lessons learnt: Never pay cash up front without a written contract and never work with someone young again!:sweat:

I edited something at the end:

It's best to just save ourselves the grief and avoid dealing with kids, no matter how cheap they are, or how alluring they look. They know that, and prey on our symphaties and very often, human desires.

Edited to add: Disclaimer: I know the above is a generalisation, and there are always exceptions. I have had the pleasure of knowing a few very responsible and hard-working teenagers and young adults in the past. You have to be very aware of what kind of person you're dealing with.

I edited something at the end:

It's best to just save ourselves the grief and avoid dealing with kids, no matter how cheap they are, or how alluring they look. They know that, and prey on our symphaties and very often, human desires.

Edited to add: Disclaimer: I know the above is a generalisation, and there are always exceptions. I have had the pleasure of knowing a few very responsible and hard-working teenagers and young adults in the past. You have to be very aware of what kind of person you're dealing with.

good point.

It is suppose to be this way.......some business is conducted without paper because it base trust but when the trust is being abuse, that is when it becomes tricky.

So I always believe in black and white as it's the fastest and probably the way to get back at people who just it's only a play play thing.

business dealings should ideally b in B&W. leave less room for error, headache. responsiblility & accountability should b above held in higher regard than vague verbal agreements.

if u trust me leave ur car keys w/ me for a few mins if u need go toilet break! :lovegrin:

if u trust me leave ur car keys w/ me for a few mins if u need go toilet break! :lovegrin:

With friends like you, who needs enemies :bsmilie:
<jk>

I doubt there was a contract between TS and model. If there was then it can be an official compliant case in the event of no-show. Then again, client did agree to make-up date, so can't say its an intentional fraud.

Hmmm.. Wonder if Verbal Contracts stand in courts of law.

think it depends on whether there are witnesses present so its more than just he said she said.

Hi all, thanks for comments.

Updates:
Model has responded to e-mail. There must be Internet access where she is abroad.
She has asked for my acct number to deposit the refund by 8pm on Monday since she is busy, "thanks and sorry". Busy? But Monday was her suggested reschedule date. I will respond to the request for acct number.

Answers to questions
1) I think no need to name model etc. The link given in my first post should have enough identification including name and e-mail. I have the details for a report. Internet searches have returned enough info. Anyone can get it.

2) Did I talk to the model? We met face to face when I handed over money. Apart from that, SMS and e-mail. As for the last incident, I called but n one would pick up; so I could not talk to her.

3) The ringtone that was surprising considering she was abroad. Sounded no different than from if the person was in Singapore. So it must have been a foreign country in which the ringtone is the same as Singapore.

Since she has email u regarding the refund then there is black n white about the contract liao if she still try to 'siam' by monday then make police report then she will really have to do the "i drink u lick' thingy liao:devil:

How can you record verbal? Unless you have a recorder or what? This one I really need to find out. Can elaborate further so I can use it for my further customers who is not willing to pay up!!!!!!:devil:

You don't need to record a conversation in order to be able to sue on a verbal contract. A good example is the case when you get into a taxi. It is an implied contract when you tell the cab driver where your destination is and he takes you there. When you arrive, the cabbie expects to get paid by you and you are bound by law to pay him the fare shown on the taxi meter. At no point in time have you signed a written contract with him, or for that case, with any taxi driver. Yet if you don't pay him, he can report you to the police as well as sue you for the fare (and legal costs)!

I hope this is clear.

Another point is that contracts made with minors in Singapore (i.e. under 21 years of age) are generally unenforceable except in certain cases, like contracts of apprenticeship of those relating to education, training, employment contracts, etc. I am not sure about this case - whether Naomi falls into these exceptions or otherwise. You'll need to examine the circumstances and terms of your agreement with her. Not so clear cut!

BTW, I'm not a lawyer so take my remarks with a pinch of salt! Just my 2 cents worth. Please don't flame me if I'm wrong. Just correct me. Thanks.

does tis boil down to us as ppl, whether 1 2 do things & agree on paper or verbal contract in thin air.

must insist future model assignments b inked on paper to safeguard ourselves against despo models out to earn easy $$! ligit model agency should hav clauses ttz fair to model & client in regard to "unpleasant surprises"- no show, bad weather, rubber timers.... :nono:

dun let lust get d betta of us (straight) guys! :devil:

Do not pay before service is rendered. Simple.

My grand father use to tell me (in a different language than English) :

"Dum and nice are starting with the same letter (in my native tongue), be nice not dum".

Deadpoet is absolutely right.

I am not saying that the TS is dum but he has been a bit naive.

As for the model ! She should be fined 10.000 SGD, six strokes of the cane and publicly hanged. At least and as a first warning !

The thread starter was just trying to be nice, i believe. Knowing that the model is in need of money.

My grand father use to tell me (in a different language than English) :

"Dum and nice are starting with the same letter (in my native tongue), be nice not dum".

Deadpoet is absolutely right.

I am not saying that the TS is dum but he has been a bit naive.

As for the model ! She should be fined 10.000 SGD, six strokes of the cane and publicly hanged. At least and as a first warning !

:eek: :eek:

Not just young lah..

till now i have yet to get back my money for a canceled shoot/workshop...

and the organizer is apparently busy with other consignment and bought new equipments.

Status
Not open for further replies.