Bad Experience With Nokia Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

exhibitj

Sep 25, 2005
Singapore NE
www.flickr.com
My cousin's 2.5 months old Nokia 6101 suddenly died out and my uncle sent it to Wheelock Place Nokia Care Centre for repairs since it was under warranty. After inspection, they determined it to be that the phone must have come into contact with lots of water because the internal chips were corroded., but that was never the case.

Nokia insisted that for repairs to be done, my uncle would have to sign a waiver that voided the future use of the warranty. Reluctantly, he did so. BUT, the phone was never repaired when my uncle went to collect it at a later date. You should have seen the unapologetic look from the customer service agent:angry: ;( They didnt even bother to offer alternatives for repairs. Just said the phone was irrepairable and that's it!

Wrote them a feeback email; seems such feedback don't work either. Anyone experieced the same plight as my uncle? What advice shall I give my uncle?

exhibitj said:
My cousin's 2.5 months old Nokia 6101 suddenly died out and my uncle sent it to Wheelock Place Nokia Care Centre for repairs since it was under warranty. After inspection, they determined it to be that the phone must have come into contact with lots of water because the internal chips were corroded., but that was never the case.

Nokia insisted that for repairs to be done, my uncle would have to sign a waiver that voided the future use of the warranty. Reluctantly, he did so. BUT, the phone was never repaired when my uncle went to collect it at a later date. You should have seen the unapologetic look from the customer service agent:angry: ;( They didnt even bother to offer alternatives for repairs. Just said the phone was irrepairable and that's it!

Wrote them a feeback email; seems such feedback don't work either. Anyone experieced the same plight as my uncle? What advice shall I give my uncle?

well, i always dun like their service..

exhibitj said:

I also had a bad experience with Nokia Centre but at Tampines branch. I sent my phone for repair as it sometimes wouldn't ring. After it came back it did not ring at all. I sent it back and qas told the service center was closed for the day. I told them off. Imagin you send for repair and it comes back worse. It of course got repaired.

i'm using sony ericsson now.
A switch from changing so many nokia phones,seem so refreshing.

Guess in future I'm switching to Samsung phones, after my present Nokia starts faltering...(it already shows signs..:( )

exhibitj said:
Guess in future I'm switching to Samsung phones, after my present Nokia starts faltering...(it already shows signs..:( )

lets say i got bad experience from these outlets..

wheelock
suntec
parkway

2 repair centres in Causeway Point. S*****g and Nokia. One has a larger premise and was busy while the other looked like they could swat flies....

A tale of 1 Nokia phone needing a facelift (its entire frame, cover needed replacement and was paid for..which was the intention). Surgery was done poorly and the new parts had scratches on it and new frame was poorly aligned during assembly. Phone was about to be collected at the service (recuperation) centre. Tech person said user mishandled the new parts...... Simply ridiculous considering the item had not left the service centre....

The CSI in me looked at it and told them flatly if they could identify the part of the cover that cost sharp scratches to the new frame, I'd meekly walk out.

Case continues with 2nd collection tomorrow.....

Personal experience Nokia, sue me but i have to say this, i will never ever buy your phones again, the qualilty from 6250 onwards sucks big time, i MEAN very lousy, i always need to go back to the serivce centre and repair and problems are not always fix!

i owned

thats it, do not treat me like a carrot head, all the phones have either internal board problems to whatever funny stuff i cannot remember., sometimes my 1,5,7 keys cannot press. WTF?

too bad, you lost a customer forever.:dunno:

I had Nokia 6200 when its speaker having problem I was thinking of sending it to repair. But my friend told me when Nokia phone need repair just buy new instate and he said less problem that way. I guess he had bad exprience too.

I am using Sonyericsson now. I sent it to Sony in it first year when I dropped it and its case cracked out on its side. Guess what they change the case and upgrade its OS free. After 2 years I droped the phone again and its case cracked out again. I just sent it to them again yesterday. They repair on the spot for free again.

had some problem wif my N8310 few yrs back, brought it to Nokia Svc Ctr for repair. the gal quoted me $150 to repair, i asked so wat's the problem, she said she dunno. can repair? she also dunno. so i asked why did u qoute me $150 repair charges if u dunno wat's wrong wif my phone. she kept insisting the charge is right & the technical ppl will look into the problem. pissed off, i walked away. nvr bought a Nokia phone since then.

looka said:
I had Nokia 6200 when its speaker having problem I was thinking of sending it to repair. But my friend told me when Nokia phone need repair just buy new instate and he said less problem that way. I guess he had bad exprience too.

I am using Sonyericsson now. I sent it to Sony in it first year when I dropped it and its case cracked out on its side. Guess what they change the case and upgrade its OS free. After 2 years I droped the phone again and its case cracked out again. I just sent it to them again yesterday. They repair on the spot for free again.

should have read this early but too bad... jus got one NEW model.. hope its fine..

i think my nokia phones all have a similar characteristic. after the warranty period, it'll confirm break down.

last time i went down to Tampines service centre...got a number and sat down and waited. jus ONE number before mine, all the counters actually closed, and all of us were ushered out. wasted 1hr sitting there

From the looks of it, Nokia seems to be out to EAT OUR MONEY! They produce phones that invariably malfunction and hence 'force' you to sent it for repair only to tell you that its Irrepairable! :angry:

I'm starting a boycott of Nokia phones forever. Join me.

this is just a case of bad service. wait till you hear creative one. hahaha. not to OT here. but nokia services really sucks =). just make a straight out complain to their manager right at the service centre. DEMAND and MAKE A SCENE. it's the easiest to get things done.

and just to OT awhile. creative has this thing with their products, i took my friend's mp3 player which was a muvo*square* and it's warrenty is over, so i brought it to jurong. their main office and service centre and they just told me straight that that model is out of production and unable to replace one for me. i was thinking... it's just that that audio jack has some slight problem and they said they CANT repair. then i just asked...

"whats this service centre for?"

he said : "sorry but this model is already outta production, why dont you consider getting a newer model?"

and i replied : "aint it possible to repair this mp3 player as it isnt' mine?"

he said : "its possible but it will costs about $170 which is just $20 lesser than a brand new one"

and i walked to their reception centre and ask for complain number and they just came me their number which is their "customer service" number.

My wife nokia phone, keep giving her problems. I asked to switch to Motorola, she is thinking abt it as she scare interface don't suit her. Anyway, she been in n out of Nokia SC every 3 mths after problem surface. Till now, she still having problem with her phone. Nokia QC/QA dropped so many. :thumbsd:

You seriously should write to the Straits Times and make this public. They normally respond very quickly when someone shames them!

Yah, nokia qc/quality has dropped a lot. When was the last time you saw something really innovative from them that wasn't just fashion.

I switched from nokia to Siemens... but then siemens starting dropping too, so now I'm with Sony-Ericsson. Basically, its ericsson saved by Sony... but so far, so good. My next one will be a Sony-Ericsson.

Have you tried REALLY complaining to Nokia? Some of the nokia service centres I suspect, like even the Sony ones, are run by companies sub-contracted to by Nokia. Very few of these cell-phone companies run their own repair centres.

go to nokia's website and email them.

that said, if any of you have tried applying for a job at nokia's website... you will also know that , their website doesn't really work for online applications even though they encourage it, either.

hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.