Bad experience in SLRR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi bro,

1st,They dont have body today, so agree that I can pre-order body at the first begining.

2nd, I agree 1691.

3rd, Although I "touch" the body, but the box they showed to me got no seal and did not power on the machine.

4th, I just changed my mind to refuse the body split from kit and insist pre-order.

I think most of us have no problem with SLR services...but i not saying you are wrong as a consumer u have the right not to buy ..if u find tat this shop not up to yr standard just move on....;)

How you know if the sensor got dust if never power on?

Hi bro,

1st,They dont have body today, so agree that I can pre-order body at the first begining.

2nd, I agree 1691.

3rd, Although I "touch" the body, but the box they showed to me got no seal and did not power on the machine.

4th, I just changed my mind to refuse the body split from kit and insist pre-order.

just read the part i highlight in red.

i challenge you to find me a shop that won't get fed up with u for doing that :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hello, I am a proud owner of a k5 about a few hours ago. Let me relate my entire buying experience today.

I went to Sitex and reach there at 10.55am. The exhibit haven open yet, and there is a long queue outside. I happily queued while looking at the newspaper for the Pentax booth so i can chiong there straight to get the Kx kit @ $599 student price.

By the time i reached the booth, there was already about 8 ppl there and they were arguing who was there first, as Emjay only want to sell 5 sets. So i just asked one of the sales staff the price of the k5. And it turned out to be.... out of stock except the dual lens kit.

Sian 1/2, so i wandered abound sitex buying other stuff and then in the evening, i went to SLRR.

I enter the shop, ask the price for DA limited 15mm. The salesman told me one price. Then i ask for k5, and fortunately, they got one last body-only set that they reluctantly sold to me at $1691. I tried to bargain and ask for pre-order price, they say cannot, really cannot.

Then another salesman, upon checking the DA limited 15mm box, clarified that it is actually $11 higher than what i was quoted. I understandably was not very happy and tried to bargain, but once again no go.

Then the salesman open the boxes for me to check, but as i was a total DSLR newbie, i asked him for help on what to check. He was very patient and explained stuff to me nicely.

During this time, i overheard another customer trying to bargain, and the salesman commented that "they only give one price to customers". Now, i think this is a very transparent way of doing business, and i respect such a honest practice.

Then when i was paying for my purchase, i discovered that cash is not the same as nets. Apparently, nets got surcharge, and credit card got even more surcharge. So i went to the atm to draw money.

Upon return, i checked the boxes again, and everything was nicely packed and nothing was missing, even my memory card that i left inside.

Ok, being a total newbie, i mistook the number of the bottom right of the lcd to be the shutter count. It is actually the number of pictures i can still take. I was quite shocked to see the number at 1659 and thought that its really high for a supposedly new camera. I asked the salesman about it, and he was quite curious about how i manage to see the shutter count. He assured me it was ok, that Pentax will do some testing first. I was not very reassured, but nevertheless continued the purchase and left the shop with a freebie as ang bao. I still got no idea what it is, its a Nikon orange cloth/spongy/velcro thing.

Now that i reached home, and googled how to check shuttle count. With PhotoMe, i managed to check that the shuttle count for the first picture i took was 2. And that there is no hot pixel, result of a photo taken with the lens cap on (I failed to take this pic because i was using AF and the salesman teach me to set to MF, wat a noob).

Btw, anyone know where to get a wireless remote? Both eastgear at sitex and SLRR say dun have.

Moral of the story after a very long post, i think SLRR is very good and i will go there for my future purchases. And TS is not justified in saying SLRR bad experience.

last week i went to hawker centre.

the week before the price for fishball soup was $2.50. this week they change the price on sat to $3.00. so i told the uncle i wanted some fishball soup, and he took out a fresh packet of fishballs and cut it open. the fishballs look a bit poked by people (don't know why) but i told him i wanted to draw cash cos got no cash. so the uncle started cooking the fishball soup.

on the way to cash machine, i realise that i wanted to eat the fishballs with some chilli, which i had ordered but will arrive a month later. the other thing is that i was worried about the fishballs being poked by people. i will not be able to pair the fishballs with chilli if i buy the fishball soup now.

i told the uncle, next month i come back and buy from you, this time don't want fishball soup.

the uncle told me, next month i come back, he won't keep any fishballs for me.

i feel so cheated... in the meantime, i don't eat fishballs anymore... can't find elsewhere..

LOL .... :bsmilie:

1st the NTUC rice ... now fish ball .... Nice one WK .... :sweatsm:

Hello, I am a proud owner of a k5 about a few hours ago. Let me relate my entire buying experience today.

Moral of the story after a very long post, i think SLRR is very good and i will go there for my future purchases. And TS is not justified in saying SLRR bad experience.

Bravo and congrats!
Enjoy your new purchase!

Btw, anyone know where to get a wireless remote? Both eastgear at sitex and SLRR say dun have.

Mass sale have those universal remote as long pentax is listed as supported u can use it. or you can search in evilbay...very cheap only

Aikanaros just get a remote from ebay, I got mine for only $7.50. I also want to get a K5, but I just got a K-r ...

I went to Sitex and reach there at 10.55am. The exhibit haven open yet, and there is a long queue outside. I happily queued while looking at the newspaper for the Pentax booth so i can chiong there straight to get the Kx kit @ $599 student price.

By the time i reached the booth, there was already about 8 ppl there and they were arguing who was there first, as Emjay only want to sell 5 sets. So i just asked one of the sales staff the price of the k5. And it turned out to be.... out of stock except the dual lens kit.

Sian 1/2, so i wandered abound sitex buying other stuff and then in the evening, i went to SLRR.

I enter the shop, ask the price for DA limited 15mm. The salesman told me one price. Then i ask for k5, and fortunately, they got one last body-only set that they reluctantly sold to me at $1691. I tried to bargain and ask for pre-order price, they say cannot, really cannot.

Then another salesman, upon checking the DA limited 15mm box, clarified that it is actually $11 higher than what i was quoted. I understandably was not very happy and tried to bargain, but once again no go.

Then the salesman open the boxes for me to check, but as i was a total DSLR newbie, i asked him for help on what to check. He was very patient and explained stuff to me nicely.

During this time, i overheard another customer trying to bargain, and the salesman commented that "they only give one price to customers". Now, i think this is a very transparent way of doing business, and i respect such a honest practice.

Then when i was paying for my purchase, i discovered that cash is not the same as nets. Apparently, nets got surcharge, and credit card got even more surcharge. So i went to the atm to draw money.

Upon return, i checked the boxes again, and everything was nicely packed and nothing was missing, even my memory card that i left inside.

Ok, being a total newbie, i mistook the number of the bottom right of the lcd to be the shutter count. It is actually the number of pictures i can still take. I was quite shocked to see the number at 1659 and thought that its really high for a supposedly new camera. I asked the salesman about it, and he was quite curious about how i manage to see the shutter count. He assured me it was ok, that Pentax will do some testing first. I was not very reassured, but nevertheless continued the purchase and left the shop with a freebie as ang bao. I still got no idea what it is, its a Nikon orange cloth/spongy/velcro thing.

Now that i reached home, and googled how to check shuttle count. With PhotoMe, i managed to check that the shuttle count for the first picture i took was 2. And that there is no hot pixel, result of a photo taken with the lens cap on (I failed to take this pic because i was using AF and the salesman teach me to set to MF, wat a noob).

Can try OP if not ebay got a lot of 3rd party one ;)

TS, what is the preorder price for the lens that you have ordered?
Prehaps you can give some discount since it might be useless to you?

Kidding bro.. Chill and move on... there will always be another shop or better camera to buy...

oops another case of lousy consumer. hush hush alright crybaby.

I thought its Emjay which is having the booth at Sitex?

Anyway I have had good experiences with SLRR in the past.

to summarize, I think what TS is actually worried abt was the WARRANTY which he think will lose 1 month for nothing when the lens coming next month.

Hi bros,

If some of you treat your K5 like fishball, please go ahead.

something need to be clarify:

1. SLRR did not open the box specially for me as the box already opened previously.

2. the kit lens is not inside already cos they said it has a individual box.

3. And I did not press shutter or even put battery in. I just touch the body only.

Yes, I should make my apology that I let them lost instant money.
But I still chose to pre-order from them and they can still make profit from me, so did I make any loss to them ? NO!!!
So they have their choice, so do I.

The bank always offer some insurance plans for customer to choose. Customer can change their mind before they sign and pay even, no matter whether they make commitment verbally before.

I think some bros really understand what happen. thanks for your understanding.

some bros may post for some other purposes. Never mind, do you job.
My apology for "playing with" SLRRers and thanks them for show me their so-called professionalism.

Chill guys....:sweat:

The final word: one's man meat is another man's poison.

We can say this and that about the shop.
Do u think the boss and workers bother?
they should be slping in such a good weather now.....Zzzzzz:cool:

Hi bros,
Please repect each other, otherwise no one will repect you.
I am only describing the thing happened to me which made me feel bad.
Your word can be considered to be A harsh verbal attack.

oops another case of lousy consumer. hush hush alright crybaby.

I'm really puzzle what you are not happy about. You choose not to buy it's ok what... Can you let us know what are u not happy about ? If u not happy because cannot pre order then it's funny... Why need to pre order ? The price is the same if I walk in 1month later to buy...

Status
Not open for further replies.