Bad experience in SLRR

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoenter

Aug 13, 2007
Hare with bros bad experience on SLRR

Just want to buy K5 and came to SLRR for price last week.They said they only accept pre-order at 1654. the pre-order will be ended by this sat.

I came to shop today and pre-order K5 as spoken.
They confirmed they only had kit and we have to pre-order if want body.
As I ordered lens online from japan and it will ship to sg within one month, so I dont mind to wait even they said the price was adjusted to 1691.

Draw cash as they only accept cash. and when we back, the guy said they can sell us the body as they can sell body and lens sperately from a kit. We check the body first, some dusts in mirror.

We decided to take this body anyway and go downstair to draw money again. On the way, we realized we will waste one month warranty as I did not have lens now as the lens can only arrived at the end of next month. the other reason is that we are still worried about the body. I also thought they can also do the same thing if they can sell body and lens sperately now.

I changed my mind that i still take pre-order. But the guy, who said we have to pre-order just 10 minutes ago, said they can not accept pre-order any more if we dont buy this time.

I understand it is promoting method to push customer to buy on-site. But It is obviously cheating customer only cos we really like K5.

So we just walked away and I think I will never come back just cos of bad serving even the price they offer is lower.

In the meantime, I also have to give up Pentax as no other shop are sellling K-5 these days.
;(

As far as i know, u buy now its $1691 irregardless, whether pre order or not... if u buy last week its $1654... simple as that...

so i dunno your point, are you saying u want to pre order later and not buy now so the price should be $1654... its 1691 from now onwards as simple as that...

maybe there is some miscommunication but its what we all understand... now its $1691... last week is $1654... only $40 more... pre order or not... now its $1691...

ermm do you understand that the pre order period is limited? and it just happen it is ending now as lots of other people already know before hand.

i think his point was:

- wanted to pre-order just the body originally,

- but changed his mind and decided to buy on the spot after shop agreed to sell him just the body by dismantling a kit set.

- checked body, decided it was ok, went to draw cash.

- while drawing cash, changed his mind again and decided to back out, went back and asked shop to pre-order just the body for him instead instead.

- shop refused to accept his pre-order, insist that he buy the set that had been opened.

my conclusion: if i were the shop i also would refuse to do this person's business! go the extra mile to dismantle a kit just for him, 10 mins later say don't want, want to pre-order just the body instead.

this is not cheating. its OBVIOUS that the shop will insist that he buy the box that has already been opened for him to check lah!

Last edited:
I think I know what u mean .

Summary , U want to buy body only . SLRR say body got to pre order . Now all set are kits set.

Then U go draw cash to pre-order. Then someone buy lens without body , so SLRR can sell u now. But u dun want it now . So u decided to pre-order as yr lens coming end of next month . Then they tell u cannot .

I think there must be some mis-understanding as i had deal with SLRR a few time and all the time I am happy with them.

I can pass u Ray number (number 1 sale guy from SLRR) and maybe he can help u on this issue.

Dun need to give up on pentax due to this lah . Beside didn't u already order the lens from Japan ???

Just want to buy K5 and came to SLRR for price last week.They said they only accept pre-order at 1654. the pre-order will be ended by this sat.

As I ordered lens online from japan and it will ship to sg within one month, so I dont mind to wait even they said the price was adjusted to 1691.

Draw cash as they only accept cash. and when we back, the guy said they can sell us the body as they can sell body and lens sperately from a kit. We check the body first, some dusts in mirror.

We decided to take this body anyway and go downstair to draw money again. On the way, we realized we will waste one month warranty as I did not have lens now as the lens can only arrived at the end of next month. the other reason is that we are still worried about the body. I also thought they can also do the same thing if they can sell body and lens sperately now.

I changed my mind that i still take pre-order. But the guy, who said we have to pre-order just 10 minutes ago, said they can not accept pre-order any more if we dont buy this time.

I understand it is promoting method to push customer to buy on-site. But It is obviously cheating customer only cos we really like K5.

So we just walked away and I think I will never come back just cos of bad serving even the price they offer is lower.

In the meantime, I also have to give up Pentax as no other shop are sellling K-5 these days.
;(

Yes. Which salesperson will let you return the camera after you "agreed" to buy the body and they open a new box and take out the lens just to sell you the body. Since you have agreed to the sale, you should not back out of it. If you do, of course, the salesperson will not let you do such a thing. Which company will?

Did you try out the K5 body and press the shutter? If the answer is "yes" then you have already agreed to buy the body. DSLR is not like PnS. Once you try and press the shutter, then you have already agreed to the purchase.

Last edited:
first of all, i think he haven buy the camera... cos he go withdraw money then change his mind.. and walk away... so i still think he wanted to pre order at $1654... no point haven buy then want to pre order cannot then not happy.. like i say what's there to pre order just come back 1 month later buy its the same thing...

first of all, i think he haven buy the camera... cos he go withdraw money then change his mind.. and walk away... so i still think he wanted to pre order at $1654... no point haven buy then want to pre order cannot then not happy.. like i say what's there to pre order just come back 1 month later buy its the same thing...

but they took the body out of the box to let him inspect already and he had verbally agreed to buy... :think: so its not quite the same thing...

but they took the body out of the box to let him inspect already and he had verbally agreed to buy... :think: so its not quite the same thing...

if i dun want to buy... just tell shop sorry i dun want to buy liao... shouldn't the shop be the 1 not happy and not me... what's there to pre order when i come back 1 month later then buy its the same thing...

if there is no benefit to pre order then why bother... think about it...

If I'm the sales person, I'll feel cheated. If he open a new box and you tested it (pressed the shutter) the shutter count will not be zero anymore. If he sell this camera to another person and the person check the shuttle count and go back to question him? How is he going to answer for that? :dunno:

last week i went to hawker centre.

the week before the price for fishball soup was $2.50. this week they change the price on sat to $3.00. so i told the uncle i wanted some fishball soup, and he took out a fresh packet of fishballs and cut it open. the fishballs look a bit poked by people (don't know why) but i told him i wanted to draw cash cos got no cash. so the uncle started cooking the fishball soup.

on the way to cash machine, i realise that i wanted to eat the fishballs with some chilli, which i had ordered but will arrive a month later. the other thing is that i was worried about the fishballs being poked by people. i will not be able to pair the fishballs with chilli if i buy the fishball soup now.

i told the uncle, next month i come back and buy from you, this time don't want fishball soup.

the uncle told me, next month i come back, he won't keep any fishballs for me.

i feel so cheated... in the meantime, i don't eat fishballs anymore... can't find elsewhere..

;(

Last edited:
Hi bro,

1st,They dont have body today, so agree that I can pre-order body at the first begining.

2nd, I agree 1691.

3rd, Although I "touch" the body, but the box they showed to me got no seal and did not power on the machine.

4th, I just changed my mind to refuse the body split from kit and insist pre-order.

i think he is just thinking about the 1 month warranty... it is not very rational, since he can really buy other lenses in the meantime... don't think he is caring about the price.

but it is not nice to tell people want to buy, they split up kit for you (for value added service), and then you tell them don't want.

naturally, they don't want to do your business...

Hi bro,

1st,They dont have body today, so agree that I can pre-order body at the first begining.

2nd, I agree 1691.

3rd, Although I "touch" the body, but the box they showed to me got no seal and did not power on the machine.

4th, I just changed my mind to refuse the body split from kit and insist pre-order.

you are so fickle.... i think they worry you preorder and change your mind again. :bsmilie:

Change mind then blame the shop for bad services.

Hi bro,

2nd, I agree 1691.

if u dun want to buy now, then come back 1 month later and buy... no need to pre order... there is no difference... so i dunno whats there to be unhappy about...

I dunno, if it was me who changed my mind like that i'll feel really sorry...

if u dun want to buy now, then come back 1 month later and buy... no need to pre order... there is no difference... so i dunno whats there to be unhappy about...

maybe he thinks that the price will increase further 1 month later. :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.