Status
Not open for further replies.

xmen1977

Jun 30, 2002
CCK
xmen1977.clubsnap.org
me got something to say but not to badmouth other ppl
just want to let my injustice known :(

well last week, got a Lowepro Compact AW ( a few mths old) from i think is a fellow clubsnap member? who claimed is new and unused

well, looked thru, condition is good. bought at $90. a few hours later, discovered something is missing ( a detachable film pouch)

called him up to ask but he wasnt sure abt it and would try to find it

futile attempt, and so he said it was his mistake for not checking when he bought it and he pointed finger at me that it was my mistake too for not checking thru on the spot

unfair rite? it took him few mths to realise it was missing, me just a few hrs

i even never blamed him for not checking at first, just asking for some compensation

jsut b'cos i wasnt happy, he suggested i sell it off and get a new one instead

he claimed that he had sold below his expectation and therefore is justifiable for that missing item

cant believe him saying dat and now still unsolved

so fellow members, just hope to get your personal opinion abt tis whole matter

maybe to share something as how to deal wi such situation sld tis happen to anyone in future. thks

Ok, why don't you inform that person and post his nick here?

I never had a bad exprience yet. Touch wood.

this kind of people spoil the 2nd market :thumbsd: . yah, i agree, we should post his nick here. & his face too. ;(

well, if that guy thinks that he sold it cheaply, why don't he buy it back and sell it at a higher price. i hope this guy is not an working adult, coz if he is he won't get far in life, with such a lousy cheating attitude. :rbounce:

It is always good to check thru first before money was exchanged.

P.S: did he post the buy/sell post in cs ?

Did you know about the detachable film pouch as an accessory before or after you made the purchase? Did he state explicitly in his advertisement that all the accessories will be included for sale?

I believe that when buying second hand equipment from individuals, the buyer has to be well informed of the product and accessories, so that you know what to expect.

While I do not agree with the conduct of the seller, I do believe that you are partly responsible for not checking the item thoroughly before you paid for the item.

For the benefit of CS members, I believe it is more effective to remind all potential buyers to do their homework, than to waste time exposing the seller in this case and risking another flame thread. I am glad you did not name the seller, and hope that you will not do that.

I sort of agree with roy, esp in this case since the seller also sounds blur blur to me..

in other online resale market, esp. in USA, its common to 'blacklist' those unreliable ones. but of coz there's a process to follow before 'blacklisting' the person

usually, wht is done is this, for eg. xmen complaint person. then a 3rd party neutral person will contact the reselling to verify if claim is accurate. if its beyond doubt that its a transaction of poor faith. then, will go and 'blacklist' the person.

this is to create a trust environment amongst buy & sell. then will more people willing to buy 2nd hand goods.

Originally posted by Shadus
in other online resale market, esp. in USA, its common to 'blacklist' those unreliable ones. but of coz there's a process to follow before 'blacklisting' the person

usually, wht is done is this, for eg. xmen complaint person. then a 3rd party neutral person will contact the reselling to verify if claim is accurate. if its beyond doubt that its a transaction of poor faith. then, will go and 'blacklist' the person.

this is to create a trust environment amongst buy & sell. then will more people willing to buy 2nd hand goods.

I agree with this. Can we do something like that?? Because as we go deeper into photography ,we are likely to be a buyer and a seller of second hand equipment. We all have limited money...

song

Originally posted by Shadus

I agree this is a good system and practise.

My only question is, is this part of CS's objectives?

Originally posted by xmen1977

well last week, got a Lowepro Compact AW ( a few mths old) from i think is a fellow clubsnap member? who claimed is new and unused

well, looked thru, condition is good. bought at $90. a few hours later, discovered something is missing ( a detachable film pouch)

futile attempt, and so he said it was his mistake for not checking when he bought it and he pointed finger at me that it was my mistake too for not checking thru on the spot

i even never blamed him for not checking at first, just asking for some compensation

he claimed that he had sold below his expectation and therefore is justifiable for that missing item

maybe to share something as how to deal wi such situation sld tis happen to anyone in future. thks

well thanks for the advise

personally i'm not into 2nd stuffs unless it's really damn cheap and worth buying

better luck next time pal :D

When I sell my stuff, I would give 3 to 7 days warranty depend on what item. Likewise, when I buy from others I would seek the same terms. Unless the item has valid warranty from the manufacturer.:)

There is always 2 sides to a coin and we should hear it out from the other party.

Besides, blacelisted members can always join in under a new nick and it will defeat the purpose.

I agree with roy on this issue, that the buyer must be aware of what he is getting. Likewise, the seller must be professional enough to indicate any issues relating to the quality of the product. If the seller really didn't know, I think it is up to both the seller and buyer to come up with a compromise solution.

Just my 2 cents.

:what:

Originally posted by xmen1977

Look at this thread.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13357&highlight=Lowepro+Compact

Furthermore, naming the person (not me, hor...) will not achieve anything at all, since there is nothing to prevent the person advertising to sell other stuff under a different name.

My opinion is that the buyer of second-hand goods undertakes a risk for the sake of a lower price. His responsibilty is to check the goods at the point of sale, and only when fully satisfied should he hand over the money. Once the money is handed over, he should have no more claim over the seller.

A few days after I bought my 2nd hand Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 I discovered the autofocus would sometimes work and sometimes not work. The zoom ring was also quite tight. I sent it in for repair (cost me $120) and the repair tech told me that the lens had probably been dropped, because the barrel was slightly bent (which accounted for the tight zoom ring). In the end they did not fix my autofocus problem, but I found a workaround. Just manually focus to infinity, then half-press the shutter to kick in the autofocus. I suspect it's a clutch problem. No matter - optically still quite good.

I asked the seller about it, and he told me he never had such a problem (but then he did not use a D30). Call me a sucker, but I took his word for it and did not pursue the matter. It was, after all, a secondhand lens.

If a buyer of secondhand goods is unwilling to accept the risk of buying defective goods, he can still buy them from reputable secondhand shops like TCW, which provides a 3 month warranty against defects. You pay a little more for the peace of mind.

Most of the time, when a deal is too good to be true, it usually is.

Sorry,

I don't quite agree with the fact that fellow clubsnapper should not be warned. If that person change name, then it is luck. But then , we need to at least do our best to protect the climate of clubsnap buy sell section; if not the section would lose its followers and then it would be ineffective.

This is going to affect all of us here. Imagine if we have something to sell in clubsnap forum and then because of these blacksheeps, the forum loses its reputation, how are we to find buyers easily.

Worst, this is a singapore based forum and imagine the harm done to our image as singaporeans.

just my thought, i know some would not agree.

song

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8466

hmm....

Originally posted by song
Sorry,

I don't quite agree with the fact that fellow clubsnapper should not be warned. If that person change name, then it is luck. But then , we need to at least do our best to protect the climate of clubsnap buy sell section; if not the section would lose its followers and then it would be ineffective.

This is going to affect all of us here. Imagine if we have something to sell in clubsnap forum and then because of these blacksheeps, the forum loses its reputation, how are we to find buyers easily.

Worst, this is a singapore based forum and imagine the harm done to our image as singaporeans.

song

Originally posted by Goondu
Besides, blacelisted members can always join in under a new nick and it will defeat the purpose.

its true. in more mature transactions, people will just go to reliable source. on the other hand, usually, buyers will be hesitant to buy from someone new, like someon with only a few postings.
the only purpose i see is that it dissuades sellers from transacting in bad faith.

its a crude system. but tht's the best online resale can go in a free forum.

No matter what, its still buyer beware.

Originally posted by song
Sorry,

song

Ebay has its fair share of those bogus deals, does it mean that Ebay is ineffective? Does Eba loses its reputation and harm the image of those who set up or uses the Ebay as a means to find good deals??

Status
Not open for further replies.